PDA

View Full Version : I still come back to it...

Craig Taylor
April 3rd, 2015, 17:20
It's been so long that i can't remember how long ago I started playing, but I'm still working my original 'Humble Merchant' start. I play a little here and there just to keep things moving. Sometimes I fire it up just to let my infrastructure keep plugging away. I just finished the Aldrin plot, which means I have also finished the Terran plot, the Final Fury Plot, Treasure Hunt, and am about 3/4's through the Hub Plot (what a GRIND!!!!). I am also about half way through 'A New Home' but need to build up sufficient credits to be able to afford the plot reward. (Sorry, no spoilers here :a1310:.)

Just curious if anyone else is still grinding away? I recently upgraded my graphics card, and things look really amazing now. Plus, I really have no interest in Rebirth based on what I've read. Has anyone else tried it?

Cheers,
Craig

GT182
April 14th, 2015, 09:24
I lost my X3TC saves due to a hard drive crash last year or so. Can't find my original disc yet but.. I got it thru Steam on the cheap. I'm messing around with it but it's not as good as have the original. At least with that you could use Cycrow's cheats. ;) You can't with Steam. :censored:

I got into XRebirth thru Steam, but you need a bunch of Mods with all the updates to have a better running sim. It's different alright, and not at all like TC.

One question for ya Craig. Where in hell has everybody gone? It's a ghost town on here these days.

Craig Taylor
April 15th, 2015, 13:45
I dunno, Gary. I guess some lose interest after a while. I know I did, and I take a months-long break from it every now and then when something else catches my interest. Heck, I don't think I played X3 for all of 2014! :dizzy: I converted my install to Steam a while ago, too, so I don't have any cheats or mods either (other than what was patched in). I may look at some of the other X-games (like Rebirth) if I ever finish TC and AP. What do you think of Rebirth?

GT182
April 20th, 2015, 17:09
Craig, I actually like Rebirth. But the only thing is you need it updated to the last update out. 3.53 is the newest one. Plus you need a lot of the mods the guys are making. Some work well, while others are so so, and some won't work with other mods. But those usually are older mods that have been updated, or won't work with 3.53 I can't even begin to remember how many mods I have subscribed to...... possibly 50.

While the graphics are really good, game play takes a lot of getting used too. It not like playing XReunion or X3 Terran Conflict. As for TC on Steam, I don't like it at all. It has only one update and that's not all that great. I need the stand alone copy to use Cycrow's "cheats" to have the Vidarsaurus and the fleet of ships you can have right from the start. ;)