PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Blue Angels A-4 Skyhawk movie

VBARhino
January 28th, 2009, 13:43
Gents (and ladies),

Just found this forum the other day. I've been working on some reskins in Lock:On and have been reading the designer forums on how to make good and crisp looking panel lines, as well as some paint fundamentals. Thanks for creating such a utility!

Thought I would give a little introduction into what I/we do with Lock:On. Since 2004, we have been replicating the Blue Angel demo in Lock:On, and have been going strong since then, including several live shows, streamed throughout the world. Here is our 2008 video, in which we flew the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk as a tribute to the Blue Angel teams of the mid 70s to mid 80s. Enjoy the show! (Be sure to watch it in HQ by clicking the bottom right button on the player, its that much better!

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UMtQhbpl18U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

-Nathan

Brian_Gladden
January 28th, 2009, 13:58
Beautiful work but you used the wrong soundtrack.....:icon_lol: (jk)

yQ3p6MXLs-0

Brian

VBARhino
January 28th, 2009, 14:02
Beautiful work but you used the wrong soundtrack.....:icon_lol: (jk)

yQ3p6MXLs-0

Brian

HAHA thanks Brian. We get that one a lot, but stay tuned! :gossip:

stansdds
January 28th, 2009, 14:03
I remember seeing the real Blue Angels perform in real A-4 Skyhawks. Yep, I'm starting to feel ooooold.

Navy Chief
January 28th, 2009, 15:25
I like some of Limp B. My wife loves their music, especially the "Rollin'" song........ GREAT video!

NC

AckAck
January 28th, 2009, 16:08
I remember seeing the real Blue Angels perform in real A-4 Skyhawks. Yep, I'm starting to feel ooooold.

Shhh. I remember the Phantoms.

(and the F-100s in the ANG)

Brian

Brian_Gladden
January 28th, 2009, 16:39
One of the charter pilots where I used to work is a former Angel.... in Phantoms. Dave was a flight rated crew chief at the time and rode in the back seat. Told me once that they knew the formation was tight enough when the skipper's wing tip was tapping his canopy (Dave rode the back seat of #3)

Brian

Trans_23
January 28th, 2009, 17:26
Good Video Rhino. I still have the long show (F-18's) on my desktop ready for a viewing at a moments notice. It is still my favorite. I have a hard time flying formation with AI traffic let alone flying lops with other jet jockeys online. Keep up the good work! :applause:

Ridge
January 30th, 2009, 12:00
Great vid...the music was a nice change, IMO...also liked the mixing in of Fat Albert...somewhere around here I still have that long F-18 vid, too :)