PDA

View Full Version : Iris pc-21 heavy on the frames......

ZIPPER010
March 30th, 2015, 22:26
I see a huge drop when I load the pc-21, whats your experience?

l3j3rm
March 31st, 2015, 02:33
Hello, the same for me, which is a bit disappointing because I love this plane! By the way, there is alternate texture files with a lower resolution for the VC. This could enhance the frame rate a little bit.

ZIPPER010
March 31st, 2015, 05:27
Hello, the same for me, which is a bit disappointing because I love this plane! By the way, there is alternate texture files with a lower resolution for the VC. This could enhance the frame rate a little bit.

Where can I find the VC texture?

Dumonceau
March 31st, 2015, 07:45
Sorry guys, It's not the VC textures, it's the MFD's that are eating up your frames...

wapanomi
March 31st, 2015, 07:51
The problem on frames is known, and it's the MFD. The plane remains always flyable, but with a cost, indeed. Do you try with the new version (called 75th anniversary) ? As I already said, I think this new version is a stepback, but it's still has qualities, and is lighter on frames. And you can keep the two versions.

With the ancient version, there are some tricks, that you can find in the manual. And you can also try to deactivate the cockpit of the copilot (there's a switch on the back of the left console, I think).

Peg o my heart
March 31st, 2015, 08:17
I don't know about Iris PC but when I encounter unresolved fps issue, noticeably in the VC, first thing should be looked at is the pixel size in the panel.cfg. If it is 1024, change it to 512 and see what happens. If it is already 512, I move on to reducing car traffic etc etc. Although some add ons have their own 'mystery', like Redbull P-38 Milviz. The Milviz Stuka has far better VC textures but the FPS is simply lighter, there are others but that defines the aforementioned 'unresovled' in my pc setting, others may result in different performance however. Just a thought.

DaveB
March 31st, 2015, 08:58
I think they all have a fair impact. As mentioned.. MFD's are a good FR killer and in the case of some older Iris models.. their HUD was also a monster. Couldn't use the old F-15 without removing it!! Disappointing when this happens isn't it. I quite fancy the new PC-21 but I'm gonna steer clear if I've got to start fiddling just to get it to run smooth.

ATB
DaveB:)

Katoun
March 31st, 2015, 09:19
Hi,

The MV P-38 Redbull's frame rate hit is due to the GPS. Remove that (or turn it off) and the frame rate will be better.

Thank you.

Kat.

ryanbatc
March 31st, 2015, 09:45
There's alternate VC textures in the aircraft folder