PDA

View Full Version : About done with this......

euroastar350
March 23rd, 2015, 16:36
FSX native Aero Commander 520 based on the original work by Milton Shupe and his talented team that bought this series for FS2002/FS2004. Just some slight fixes needed and it'll be released. Bear in mind, there won't be any bump or spec maps as no paintkit was ever produced, well not that I know of. If one is available, please send my way that way I can enable these materials so this model can really shine in FSX. I am still plugging away at the Turbo Commander, Bell 222 (almost ready for release) and some other models I won't give details away just yet:wavey:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21219&stc=1

ColoKent
March 23rd, 2015, 16:55
Awesome work, as always, Eurostar! Question: Is "Uncle Miltie's" C-1A still on your "to-do" list for FSX conversion?

Thanks,

Kent

trucker17
March 23rd, 2015, 16:57
Looking good euroastar350

Lane Street
March 23rd, 2015, 17:28
Looks fantastic, I am waiting patiently for this one as I was very fond of Milton's model in FS9.

there won't be any bump or spec maps as no paintkit was ever produced, well not that I know of. If one is available, please send my way that way I can enable these materials so this model can really shine in FSX.

Why not go ahead and assign the materials. Then make small, appropriately named textures that are white with a white Alpha as placeholders.

That would eliminate the need for a future update.

Just my 2¢ worth.

cheers,
Lane

txnetcop
March 23rd, 2015, 17:43
Aero Commander by Milton and team is right up there with the Spartan Executive for me...FANTASTIC!
Ted

Paul Domingue
March 23rd, 2015, 18:56
Have you checked with Milton on the original UV maps? If he still has them then it would not be to difficult to create specular and bump maps. With a little bit more work the current maps could be edited for the purpose with Photoshop.

euroastar350
March 23rd, 2015, 23:10
Have you checked with Milton on the original UV maps? If he still has them then it would not be to difficult to create specular and bump maps. With a little bit more work the current maps could be edited for the purpose with Photoshop.

Hi Paul,

I have all the UVWs as applied to the original FS9 mesh, was looking for a paintkit to create the bump maps from. This is what I'll do, I will enable bump and spec maps where applicable, but they will be blank. This way anyone that produces a paintkit, has these materials applied. So I'll go over everything and release. Standby for further info:wavey:

Roger
March 23rd, 2015, 23:52
Thank you very much for your work euroastar350:applause:

expat
March 24th, 2015, 05:08
Just gotta love Milton's AC's. One of the best and enjoyable hand flyers for FS. Will the textures for the FSX native model be larger/higher res than the FS8/9 ones?

expat
March 24th, 2015, 05:21
plugging away at the Turbo Commander, Bell 222 (almost ready for release) and some other models I won't give details away just yet:wavey:

. . in my dreams an FSX conversion of DM's VC-10 and the JoJo Beech Twin Bonanza . . :encouragement:

jandmbear
March 24th, 2015, 08:41
Bell 222 update? Be still my beating heart!:jump:

heywooood
March 24th, 2015, 09:10
thank you euroastar, for your efforts to convert another Milton to FSX - much appreciated

Lane Street
March 24th, 2015, 10:15
I will enable bump and spec maps where applicable, but they will be blank.

Will you at least include the placeholder textures as I suggested?

If you don't, people who use DX10 will see anomalies where the textures are missing.

cheers,
Lane

Daube
March 24th, 2015, 10:59
thank you euroastar, for your efforts to convert another Milton to FSX - much appreciated

This.
I couldn't have said it better.

euroastar350
March 24th, 2015, 13:55
To answer everyone's questions:

1.) Model will have support for bump and spec maps, I am including placeholders

2.) The textures will be low resolution. I would like to make them high resolution, but we have such a talented community that can bring out the best out of this model

3.) The Grumman C1 is planned

4.) The DM VC10 and Jojo T-Bone are FSDS models, I use gmax and 3DS Max 9 for modeling. Would be nice subjects to convert to FSX native, but not from me

5.) Bell 222 is almost done, rigging pilots aren't funhttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21238&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21237&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21236&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21235&stc=1

Overall, the AC520 is done. I am packaging up and will be released

Milton Shupe
March 24th, 2015, 21:02

Not sure they will help, but I have regenerated the original paint templates in 2048x2048.

I also have 3 other original textures not included in the coming release if anyone is interested.
The original paint schemes all have great details but I cannot yet find the 32-bit versions, only have the dxt3.

EDIT: I found the original 32-bit textures. Yea!

malibu43
April 8th, 2015, 07:54
To answer everyone's questions:

1.) Model will have support for bump and spec maps, I am including placeholders

2.) The textures will be low resolution. I would like to make them high resolution, but we have such a talented community that can bring out the best out of this model

3.) The Grumman C1 is planned

4.) The DM VC10 and Jojo T-Bone are FSDS models, I use gmax and 3DS Max 9 for modeling. Would be nice subjects to convert to FSX native, but not from me

5.) Bell 222 is almost done, rigging pilots aren't fun

Overall, the AC520 is done. I am packaging up and will be released

Hi euroastar,

Is the FSX conversion of the S-2T Tracker Fire Tankers still planned at some point? I know you have a lot going on... just curious if it's still planned. I'm looking forward to the Bell 222!

Thanks!

Crusader
April 8th, 2015, 08:03
Your work is outstanding euroastar . Looking forward to your releases . :encouragement:

Rich

euroastar350
April 9th, 2015, 03:59
Hi euroastar,

Is the FSX conversion of the S-2T Tracker Fire Tankers still planned at some point? I know you have a lot going on... just curious if it's still planned. I'm looking forward to the Bell 222!

Thanks!

Indeed it will be, as well as the remainder of the G7 series aircraft originally released in FS9 format. The next one on the list is the C1 variant:applause:
The Bell 222 is about done, well the basepack is. What's left to do is rig the pilot into the cockpit which is no easy task:dizzy:After that, I will get the remaining models done and released after the basepack.

AC520 update being worked on and should be out hopefully by next week

Bell 206 update in the stages of being packaged up and uploaded. This will be an update for the original Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations model which addresses texturing and animation issues found in the first release and adds some cool stuff.

Will update once I have something to show:wavey:

malibu43
April 9th, 2015, 06:48
Indeed it will be, as well as the remainder of the G7 series aircraft originally released in FS9 format. The next one on the list is the C1 variant:applause:
The Bell 222 is about done, well the basepack is. What's left to do is rig the pilot into the cockpit which is no easy task:dizzy:After that, I will get the remaining models done and released after the basepack.

AC520 update being worked on and should be out hopefully by next week

Bell 206 update in the stages of being packaged up and uploaded. This will be an update for the original Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations model which addresses texturing and animation issues found in the first release and adds some cool stuff.

Will update once I have something to show:wavey:

Thanks for the update! I'm looking forward to all of it!