PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration F/A-18 Hornet updates

JT8D-9A
January 28th, 2009, 10:55
-Acceleration F/A-18 Hornet HUD glass mods:
search for: fa_18_hud_glass_mods.zip @Avsim

-Afterburner fix: Click (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=oddtc44h3aif77a9kkdrp25gp0&action=dlattach;topic=209.0;attach=1223) (DL link @FSdreamteam forum)

Please post more if you have something.. :rapture:

Shylock
January 28th, 2009, 17:05
Here we have a few fixes. One is for the speed break. In FSX you will notice the nose pitches up when the board is popped. In the real Hornet this will not happen because of the on board flight by wire control systems. We also have a a wheel break fix that gives it a more realistic feel when applying the breaks. Not the parking breaks. Alos a more real looking smoke effect.

http://www.fsxblueangels.com/downloads.html

Navy Chief
January 28th, 2009, 17:10
Great Shylock. Thanks!

NC

JT8D-9A
January 29th, 2009, 03:43
Thanks Shylock! :applause:

wilycoyote4
January 30th, 2009, 18:31
excellent :ernae: :typing: :faint:

wilycoyote4
January 30th, 2009, 20:17
The following is a part of the contacts section of the aircraft cfg file. This section is about nose and main gear. Only the main gear have a change which does two things.

First, the Acceleration F/A-18C main gear sits lower.

Second, the cat launch angle is slightly different which means the Hornet will not move off the cat until you press the launch key command. Previously, the Hornet would move usually before throttle was up to launch power. For me, the Hornet is now held back even if I sit at full AB power. BTW, full AB is not always needed for cat especially if fuel is low.

This works for me whether freeflight or missions. Correct me if needed. A discussion on the main gear can be found here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=895.15

Backup cfg.

Offered in the hope it will help others as it has helped me.

The screenys show set for launch, launch, end of deck at 183 KIAS. Gear at sitting with no throttle and full fuel, compression at start of cat launch, gear extension in flight.

[contact_points]
;Gear
point.0=1, -18.00, 0.00, -6.60, 1600, 0, 0.6349, 75.0, 0.2000, 3.5, 0.6100, 3.0, 3.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0
point.1=1, -35.50, -4.90, -7.70, 1600, 1, 0.6349, 0.0, 1.2, 1.6, 0.5456, 3.9, 3.9, 2, 0.0, 0.0
point.2=1, -35.50, 4.90, -7.70, 1600, 2, 0.6349, 0.0, 1.2, 1.6, 0.5456, 3.7, 3.7, 3, 0.0, 0.0

Shylock
February 1st, 2009, 12:17
Do you guys have it where the Blue Angels hornets show up with proper tail numbers when in multi player? What I mean is when in multi player our team will show up as all in the 1 jet rather in the correct numbers.

Shylock
February 1st, 2009, 12:22
The following is a part of the contacts section of the aircraft cfg file. This section is about nose and main gear. Only the main gear have a change which does two things.

First, the Acceleration F/A-18C main gear sits lower.

Second, the cat launch angle is slightly different which means the Hornet will not move off the cat until you press the launch key command. Previously, the Hornet would move usually before throttle was up to launch power. For me, the Hornet is now held back even if I sit at full AB power. BTW, full AB is not always needed for cat especially if fuel is low.

This works for me whether freeflight or missions. Correct me if needed. A discussion on the main gear can be found here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=895.15

Backup cfg.

Wily have you found that with this fix when you land your plane chatters and shakes during ground operations?

JT8D-9A
February 1st, 2009, 12:48
Thanks Wily!

Do you guys have it where the Blue Angels hornets show up with proper tail numbers when in multi player? What I mean is when in multi player our team will show up as all in the 1 jet rather in the correct numbers.

Hi Shylock,
you have to create an extra folder which contains all common used textures.
E.g. "texture.common" and the livery folders are containing the 4 main_t textures, the 2 wing_t textures, a thumbnail image and a texture.cfg which is pointing to the common texture folder.

e.g.:
[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\Texture.common
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Texture

Shylock
February 1st, 2009, 13:52
Yep that's it Nils. I should have typed it better. I was asking if anybody had wanted the fix for it. Easier to say that make a copy of the base textures folder and rename it texture.0 and place it in the main f-18 folder and change the aircraft.cfg. So it will look like below

[fltsim.0]
title=FA-18 Hornet
sim=FA-18
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=0
kb_checklists=boeing_FA18_check
kb_reference=boeing_FA18_ref
atc_id=N001
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=001
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="F/A-18"
ui_variation="Blue Angels 1"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="The Hornet combines the ruggedness required of carrier-borne aircraft with speed and superior agility, especially at high angles of attack. Its powerful engines, canted vertical stabilizers, horizontal stabilators, large leading- and trailing-edge flaps, and sophisticated flight control system all contribute to a level of performance that makes the Hornet a versatile front-line fighter in several air forces around the world."

We did this when the acceleration pack first came out and wasnt sure if it got around. Just unzip this folder and place it in your F-18 folder and redo the aircraft.cfg with whats up top.

http://rapidshare.com/files/192681012/Texture.zip.html

wilycoyote4
February 16th, 2009, 13:58
Wily have you found that with this fix when you land your plane chatters and shakes during ground operations?

Not sure what you mean, but no, landings are smooth, braking used in brief applications on short runways, sometimes turning is tipsy but turning should be turn at very low taxi speed. A slight bit of unwanted rudder input at touchdown isn't good and can happen without the pilot being aware especially at higher speeds on the runway.

Shylock
February 16th, 2009, 21:10
One of my guys was tolling around with it and found that just taxing at 5 knts its like your on the woopdie doos. Imagine driving over a series of a million bumps ia what he said.

ryanbatc
February 18th, 2009, 07:31
unfortunately, I've used those new contact points for the wheels and the F18 is not stable after those edits...

wilycoyote4
March 1st, 2009, 12:27
unfortunately, I've used those new contact points for the wheels and the F18 is not stable after those edits...
Sorry to read your results seem wrong as I am fine. Perhaps you can post the the top part of the contacts section "gear". Did you go back to default or use another setting?

The screeny is just compression of mains at cat launch start.

GT182
March 4th, 2009, 11:36
Shylock, your rapidshare file is no longer available for this reason......

"This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information."

Shylock
March 4th, 2009, 14:10
Shylock, your rapidshare file is no longer available for this reason......

"This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information."

Sorry bud. It seems as though it was downloaded more then a few times. Heres one to megaupload

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TVMZL1HN

GT182
March 4th, 2009, 15:18
Thanks Shylock, I've got it now. :d

Alexraptor
April 22nd, 2009, 12:26
Me stupid for not seeing this thread earlier.
Thanks for that HUD glass fix tip, it really made flying the FA-18 much much easier.
Used the transparant glass one since in reality the HUD glass is almost as clear as the canopy.

wilycoyote4
July 14th, 2009, 19:30
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2020.0
A new cockpit manual PDF file (3.8MB) is available in that thread. Comments and link are stated.

dswo
July 18th, 2009, 17:18
The new manual is excellent. Thanks for mentioning it here.

aris11b
November 10th, 2009, 08:06
THANK YOU Shylock...finally a FA 18 in marpat. I've seen a few of these but this is the only one I have found that works with the stock FSX FA18, also a big thanks for the other files ( .air file, brake fix) I'll be checking your site again for more updates.....

Now can someone show me to the F14 marpat texture:173go1:

Cheers Ari

Shylock
November 11th, 2009, 07:14
Your welcome aris11b we are trying to work on some other goodies for the 18.

Shylock
December 9th, 2009, 23:00
Hey guys we just released a how to for the auto pilot. Find it here

http://www.fsxblueangels.com/videoscreen%20autopilot.html