PDA

View Full Version : Saitek X52 Pro

uniform7
March 21st, 2015, 09:24
I just recieved a new Saitek X52 Pro flight control system. I like it but the joy stick aside from being a little loose in the spring action has a little play in the twisting or rudder motion like the handle is a little loose conecting to the shaft. Is this normal? Everything seems to work OK otherwise.

Blackbird686
March 21st, 2015, 12:31
IMO that isn't normal. The twist should be smooth and easy but solid on the shaft. At least mine is that way...

BB686:US-flag:

uniform7
March 21st, 2015, 14:59
IMO that isn't normal. The twist should be smooth and easy but solid on the shaft. At least mine is that way...

BB686:US-flag:
Ya, thought so. This the second time they replaced it in less then two years. The throttle has broken twice. I like the X52, been using them for ten years but they don't hold up or I am to hard on them. I have a Thrustmaster for backup, $30.00 and eight years old, just not as fancy.

Jafo
March 21st, 2015, 15:10
Have a look at the X65F.... no moving parts to wear out/wobble.
Takes a bit to get used to....but once you do it ends up superior for just that reason...;)

uniform7
March 21st, 2015, 15:50
Nobody seems to have it in stock. What about the X55 Rino?

Naismith
March 21st, 2015, 23:27
Mine (not the pro version) celebrates 10 years next month and is as good today as the day I bought it with almost daily use. It has outlasted my Logitech G940 (which was a horrible thing, it is not broken just languishing in the garage along with the rice cooker which seemed like a good idea at the time and an old wine fridge which never quite worked) and CH Yoke both of younger vintage. Of course now that I have bragged, it is sure to breakdown within the next day or so. :adoration:

warchild
March 22nd, 2015, 07:03
the X-65F has its own issues.. I use mine now only because after the move last year i cant find the stick part to my X-52.. Topping that, the X-65 is no longer being offered for sale.. They pulled it from the store.. However, The X-55 Rhino, appears to be half way between an X-52 ( adjustable spring loaded column ) and the X-64 ( a huge amount of extras to use ). ive heard nothing but good about it so far..

Terry
March 22nd, 2015, 08:38
I've gone through two Saitek X52 pros over the last four years. They are great when they work but they seem to break easily such as the bottom trigger switch shorting out and operating two functions at once. Now I have gone to my backup a Logitech extreme 3d pro which is just awful to use but it is tough. It would be nice to find a stick with a delicate touch but built well for longevity. What else is there that fits this requirement?

uniform7
March 22nd, 2015, 09:20
Ya, I have a Thrustmaster for my back up same thing but it's tough too.

ejoiner
March 22nd, 2015, 09:25
Ya, thought so. This the second time they replaced it in less then two years. The throttle has broken twice. I like the X52, been using them for ten years but they don't hold up or I am to hard on them. I have a Thrustmaster for backup, $30.00 and eight years old, just not as fancy.

I had a thrusty HOTAS F-16/F22 combo that I used for years and years until last spring when I finally bought a PC that I couldnt connect the old fittings to. I actually kept an old turtle beach sound card with a 15 pin D connector slot on it just for these. Finest ever made. I used to go on ebay and buy up old ones just for parts. Having replaced several actuators and china hats etc. Finally they went on the closet shelf in favor of a Saitek X-55 HOTAS set up. I like it "ok" but its not a thrusty. I still cant configure it well for use in the DCS combat sims. yaw doesnt seem to work well. It does work fine for FSX. I did like that I could change springs in the joystick for a stiffer feel, but its just not the same as the thrustmaster.

I may yet spend the REALLY big bucks and get an upgraded USB thrustmaster setup.

DennyA
March 22nd, 2015, 10:30
When my X-52 Pro stopped working, Saitek had no policy for fixing a stick that was out of warranty. That soured me on buying expensive sticks from them.

Naismith, I love my G940. Your lack of like for it makes me worry yours had a functional issue, but if you just don't like the design and it works fine, send me a PM and we should discuss me converting some of your garage storage space into money for you. :) I'd love to have a spare since they don't make them anymore.