PDA

View Full Version : SimScape

WarHorse47
October 6th, 2008, 15:12
Anybody here purchase a product from SimScape?

http://www.simscape.fr/

I decided to download the updated FS9 F-16C panel and purchase their HUD which I've seen advertised elsewhere.

The trail version of the HUD doesn't work, and I have yet to receive any confirmation on my order or registration.

Thought I would see if anyone has dealt with them before.

Thanks

--WH

Felixthreeone
October 6th, 2008, 16:10
I will be curious to see how you make out warhorse....I have been looking at that HUD for some time debating whether or not to get it....you'll have to let us know how it goes.

WarHorse47
October 6th, 2008, 17:06
Well, so far not so good. :banghead:

The latest trial version does not work. :tgun2:

I decided to purchase a registered version, but its been over 24 hours and 3 e-mails and I still do not have a registration key. :sniper:

Although there are several sites talking about their product, I haven't found anyone who has purchased it. :icon36:

Looks like I lost my money. :a1451:

--WH

Felixthreeone
October 6th, 2008, 17:42
.....welll lets hope that is not the case....I know how that feels... happened to me recently with a program called FSHOTFX.....absolutely understand your frustraton. Keep us all informed.

fsafranek
October 6th, 2008, 21:50
I just sent a note to Jason over there asking him to read this thread and take care of business. Hopefully he will soon. They recently changed the evaluation period to begin the 15-day term when installed. The original uploaded everywhere had problems with the timing of that. So try the ones now available for download from their website (towards the bottom of the detailed product description page).

Hope this helps.
:ernae:

fsafranek
October 6th, 2008, 21:54
Although there are several sites talking about their product, I haven't found anyone who has purchased it. :icon36:

I didn't purchase it. I got a super discount because I helped test both versions for them. I think it is a great product and if I had noticed Simflight was running a voting for add-ons I would have nominated it without hesitation. I've adopted the full screen HUD minipanel to a couple other aircraft and most of the Mirage parts to the Mirage F1 and Super Etendard. It is great fun.

WarHorse47
October 7th, 2008, 04:57
Thanks, Frank. Glad to hear from you.

I've now sent them four e-mails to three different e-mail addresses they have posted on their site.

As of 5:58 am this morning Pacific Time there is no response and I still cannot use the HUD. And I am checking my ISP to make sure it isn't held up as spam or something.

The panel and with the evaluation HUD were downloaded from Avsim. I later downloaded the evaluation HUD from their website, but still no joy.

Based on their web site screenshots and descriptions I took a gamble and purchased it. That was over 36 hours ago.

--WH

Lionheart
October 7th, 2008, 08:25
Warhorse,

You might try looking in your Spam folder.

Oddly, when I make similar purchases of software, the link goes to my dang Spam filter and I have to dig through tons of spam to find it.

I hope the day comes soon when Spam dies....

Bill

fsafranek
October 7th, 2008, 09:30
I got a response within a couple hours. He said,

"I know about this customer. He is unhappy, and I can’t blame him for this: each mail I send him never reaches its destination, certainly because of ISP problems. This is a problem I already had with some other customers, it is a real pain.

I hope it is fixed now: I sent the key again to this guy using another mail account.

Thanks for the info anyway,
Jason"

Is your ISP or as Lionheart suggested, the local spam filter, blocking emails from "@simscape.fr"?

Daveroo
October 7th, 2008, 15:01
frank.,..can you ask that guy to come here and send the reg key to warhorse through his PM?

WarHorse47
October 7th, 2008, 15:12
Okay, I got the key as Jason mentioned. Third time's a charm. :wiggle:

After not receiving the key after purchase, the first thing I did was check my ISP account. I use MS Outlook to pull from my ISP mail server, and there is a spam block (that works). Just in case I sent Jason an alternate e-mail address.

As best as I can determine, none of his e-mails were blocked as they would have shown up in the spam folder.

As a side note, awhile back I had a similar experience with an e-mail that someone else on the Continent from the forum tried to send me. Those e-mails got lost in a 'black hole' as well, and we finally communicated via forum PM.

Thanks all for your input, and to Jason for the extra effort.

--WH

fsafranek
October 7th, 2008, 17:07
Glad it worked out. After using it let us know what you think keeping in mind that it is about the avionics and not so much the aircraft carrying them. That was a problem with the Mirage 4000 version, folks were commenting on an FS2002 era aircraft and not what the package was all about. Myself, I like it. :jump:

WarHorse47
October 8th, 2008, 20:18
Glad it worked out. After using it let us know what you think keeping in mind that it is about the avionics and not so much the aircraft carrying them. That was a problem with the Mirage 4000 version, folks were commenting on an FS2002 era aircraft and not what the package was all about. Myself, I like it. :jump:
:ernae:Okay. Time to report back. I like it a lot. :d

Naturally, I started with my Kirk Olsson F-16C install. I always liked the plane, but the cockpit wasn't my cup of tea. When I started looking around for a cockpit replacement, I came across the SimScape update and HUD.

Everything works as advertised, including integration with Eric Marciano's radar. It neat to be able to identify the target on the scope, then follow the a/c using the HUD box. All the other panel features work real great, as does the HUD.

After setting up the F-15C, I decided to download and install Kirk's two seat models and alias the cockpit. The only thing I noticed is with the VC - the left MFD doesn show in the C, but shows in the D.

The only thing missing for me is the ILS. The HUD uses a flight path vector for landing, which is not as accurate for my landings.

I should mention that I have several payware and freeware aircraft with different HUDs. I have a low end machine, and the SimScape HUD had no noticable FPS impact unlike some of the other HUDs.

The setup also replaces the minipanel with the HUD. The only thing I might change here is to decrease the size as it tends to overwhelm the screen. But it is nice.

--WH

eric_marciano
September 29th, 2009, 10:49
I jump on this topic, almost 1 year later, to inform you that 2 new aircrafts are available on my web site: an F-16 Viper Block 20 based on the second version of the great F-16 from Kirk Olsson and a Mirage 2000C RDI based on the model designed by GMax Academy members.
Both aircrafts have a panel that include my Radar gauge and the SimScape Head-Up Display (HUD) that you already know. They are bundled as a single product, easier to install, easier to register and much cheaper than the Radar and the HUD bought separately.

For more information: http://emarciano.free.fr
F-16 Viper: http://emarciano.free.fr/F16
Mirage 2000C: http://emarciano.free.fr/M2000

Enjoy !!
Eric