PDA

View Full Version : Converting GMax CFS2 to CFS3

stuart277
March 18th, 2015, 23:24
Hi all
A long time member has asked if I can to convert my GMax CFS2 ships to CFS3 ships.
I do not know how to do it.
Any help would be appreciated.:applause:
Cheers
Stuart

Allen
March 19th, 2015, 07:14
Maybe this thread may help.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?92963-Exporting-from-Gmax-amp-Importing-Placing-in-CFS3

Blood_Hawk23
March 19th, 2015, 10:33
So I don't think we need CFS3 to do it. But we will need someone with cfs3 to test it.

Stuart you'll need DDS textures. Which means a new texture mapping. Contact BorekS (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?121016-BorekS), he works in Gmax and builds for CFS3. He would be a great person to talk to about what is needed in CFS3.

I think your CFG and DPs will work as is. Maybe some minor changes. Start there my friend. Let me know if you need anything.

sdsbolt
March 21st, 2015, 04:10
they'd be most welcome but do you have CFS3?

kdriver
March 21st, 2015, 04:42
Hi Stuart,

Would going to the Groundcrew site and downloading the CFS 3 versions of their CFS 2 ships help?

For example, you would be able to compare both versions of their Flower Class corvette models. Apart from one using bmp and the other dds format, the texture looks fairly similar.

Kevin

Milton Shupe
March 21st, 2015, 04:54
Hi all
A long time member has asked if I can to convert my GMax CFS2 ships to CFS3 ships.
I do not know how to do it.
Any help would be appreciated.:applause:
Cheers
Stuart

Here ya go: you will need the SDK as a minimum, CFS3 if you want it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?83816-Combat-Flight-Simulator-3-Patches-and-SDKs

stuart277
March 30th, 2015, 23:29
Hi All
I now have the CFS3 SDK and can import models an I can convert textures using Martins tools.
However, the textures are a bit odd, and when exporting from GMax, I get messages about 'unable to export resized' parts. (This is not the actual message, I am a bit rushed with this reply)
I do not have CFS3, so I cannot test them.
I will check up again tomorrow.
Cheers
Stuart

brundu841
April 6th, 2015, 15:36
you can mail me your ship CFS3, I would do a test, I am eager to have new ships ...

mail me mp ...tanks

stuart277
April 7th, 2015, 19:04
Hi Kevin
I can't do it.
GC's ships do not have the GMax source, and I cannot open them with modelconverterX.
Cheers
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Would going to the Groundcrew site and downloading the CFS 3 versions of their CFS 2 ships help?

For example, you would be able to compare both versions of their Flower Class corvette models. Apart from one using bmp and the other dds format, the texture looks fairly similar.

Kevin

stuart277
April 7th, 2015, 19:05
Hi Brundu841
I will pm you the file, or I will put it on this thread.
Cheers
Stuart

you can mail me your ship CFS3, I would do a test, I am eager to have new ships ...

mail me mp ...tanks

stuart277
April 7th, 2015, 19:22
Hi Brundu841
I cannot send attachments in PM's.
I will attach the zip.file here.
Cheers
Stuart
PS It is a Royal Navy destroyer.

Blood_Hawk23
April 8th, 2015, 03:39
Stuart,

Do you want any help exporting the models?

I can give it a try.