PDA

View Full Version : Tacpac & Dino's F-14, F-35

Butcherbird17
March 15th, 2015, 17:22
I just recently got TacPac 1.4.1.4 and upgraded to 1.4.2.2 today. The problem I have is I can't seem to change any of the loadouts with either the F-14 or F-35 using the latest versions of both. This happens with both versions that I have of TacPac before and after upgrading. My question is there something I need to do in the TPC or in either of the a/c before the loadouts will change? I have tried with both a/c cold & dark and ready to go, but nothing changes. I have read the TacPac Wiki and the manuals for both a/c but I still can't get it to work. I know i'm missing something but what it is I don't know.:dizzy:

p.s. this is in a fresh install of OS (8.1) and FSX SE.

Thanks, Joe

Dino Cattaneo
March 16th, 2015, 00:48
Hi, Joe

Both the F-35 and the F-14 should work fine with 1.4.2.2 - please check that Tacpack is correctly loaded (i.e. its menu appear in the Addon menu). Note that it is possible (by mistake) to install the Tacpack but instruct FSX not to load it.
If this shows you may also want to check Add-<WBR>ons | VRS Misc | Validation -> and see if the aicraft is validated.
Also, check that the aircraft are correctly installed (make sure that they have their Tacpack files - configurations and validation keys) in their folders (they should be there unless they removed it).

Also, note that with FSX:SE, Tacpack version should be "congruent" with FSX:SE version (check VRS forums).

Regards

Dino

Butcherbird17
March 16th, 2015, 03:35
Thanks Dino,
Tacpac is loaded when FSX SE starts, and yes to the addon menu in game. I will check that the a/c are validated
when I get home from work later today. I do know TacPac is working as I get the default loadout on the Tomcat. (see pic)
I do have one other problem and that is FSX SE can not find the sound ini file in the Sound folder within the Panel folder of both a/c. I have checked both folders and can see a cfg file but no ini file. (unless they are one in the same) There are 2 cfg's, dsd_fsx_xml_sound and a sound config. I don't know why fsx can't find them but they are there. I should also add that this happens in both FSX MS and FSX SE.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/Butcherbird17/Tomcat_CAG_zpsc6rpeyc7.jpg~original (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/Butcherbird17/media/Tomcat_CAG_zpsc6rpeyc7.jpg.html)

Joe

Dino Cattaneo
March 16th, 2015, 06:52
The default load will show anyway.... also disregard the error massage for the Sound.ini file. The aicraft will work all the same.

Regards

Dino