PDA

View Full Version : FSX SE and the simconnect.dll

Daveroo
March 13th, 2015, 07:47
when i was installing some of my orbx scenery ,i got a error message that the simconnect.dll wasnt there ,or it couldnt find it,then when i went to google (yes its MY freind),what i found just confused me even more.so i ignored it and then i got the message once more...they occurred when i installed the montery airport,and again later with the redding airport,both in NA Gold northern california area...

heres what happens when i go to them in FSX SE,montery appears to have black lines from the heavans to the ground in the distance,in all views...but redding is perfectly normal...like i said..both installs got the simconnet.dll thing.

any ideas?..

Ferry_vO
March 13th, 2015, 08:42
To quote a previous post of mine regarding FsX:SE and Simconnect:

The only problem I've had so far was with FsHost; FsX:SE comes with a new version of simconnect which isn't backwards compatible with older add-ons. Inside FsX (FsX/Steamapps/common/FsX/SDk/Core Utilities Kit/Simconnect SDK/LegacyInterfaces/) you will find three folders with installers for older versions of simconnect. Install all three solved my problems. These are installed standard with the boxed version but not with the Steam Edition. Check Shoprite Specials (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?shoprite/) and Spar Specials (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?spar/).

Daveroo
March 13th, 2015, 08:59
To quote a previous post of mine regarding FsX:SE and Simconnect:

The only problem I've had so far was with FsHost; FsX:SE comes with a new version of simconnect which isn't backwards compatible with older add-ons. Inside FsX (FsX/Steamapps/common/FsX/SDk/Core Utilities Kit/Simconnect SDK/LegacyInterfaces/) you will find three folders with installers for older versions of simconnect. Install all three solved my problems. These are installed standard with the boxed version but not with the Steam Edition.

thank you fine sir...and i must admit,im a bit lazy when it comes to searching,like im after Francois store to get some past file keys and im having no luck at all...i know there was some sort of change with him,but i dont recall what...and i cant find that post at all.