PDA

View Full Version : Lionhearts pipers

Daveroo
March 12th, 2015, 18:58
Hi all,
i have no sound when i load one,or any of Bills pipers...what could the problem be?..

trucker17
March 12th, 2015, 19:12
Hey dave.
Check to see if you have the wave sounds in the sound files.....
Also have you made any changes to FSX...?

JimmyRFR
March 12th, 2015, 19:20
I just checked, on my installation, it looks like it's aliased to the Maule.

Although, you never can tell with Bill's stuff. As much as I enjoy his aircraft, I wish to god he'd leave all the files in the places they are supposed to be.

For example, some of the panel stuff for his Lear (I think it's for the Lear) is located on my machine at \terrain.1\Mountains\101203040\San Diego....

Sounds are often 'hidden' this way as well. Drives me nuts when I try to maintain a clean installation of FSX.

heywooood
March 12th, 2015, 19:34
hmm I have not seen that before - but what Bill has done in the past that I know of is he typically only populates one sound folder for each type of aircraft and then aliases the sound in all the various repaints to that one folder - so in the other planes when you open the sound folder you see only the sound.cfg with the alias remarks.

a lot of devs do this to save time and effort - just means you have to check before you remove a paint you dont fly...then copy / paste the sound populated folder into the planes you like and delete the shortcut

JimmyRFR
March 12th, 2015, 19:52
Well, here's the first gauge in the first window in the panel.cfg for the Lear:

gauge00=LHC_X2!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,terrain.3\\Deserts\\9892wtg8\\November\\Pa nelSounds

And here's the panel.cfg for the Fairchild:

[FLTSIM]
product_code=FSIM
alias=..\..\terrain.1\Mountains\101203040\Belaire

And this one is from the Blade:

gauge01=LHC_X2!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,terrain.3\\Deserts\\9892wtg8\\KonigSee\\Pa nelSounds

I really like his planes, but it is a bit annoying.

heywooood
March 12th, 2015, 19:57
I don't have his Lear jet so that's news to me - as you say - it makes it hard to keep associated files together....not to stray too far OT

JimmyRFR
March 12th, 2015, 20:07
not to stray too far OT

Indeed. I enjoy Bill's handiwork, and my intent was to merely point out that things might not be all they seem. Deleting something seemingly unrelated could have an effect. However, after closely looking at my installation of his Piper, I don't think that the case here. From what I can see, the sounds are aliased to the Maule, so unless that was removed, they should work.

donnybalonny
March 13th, 2015, 00:57
The lack of a good soundfile is something that turns the otherwise very nice PIper Pacer down.
The Maule has a very dull typical default sound and besides, its a 6 cyl. Engine, where the Pacer uses a 4 cyL

You can just find a sound package from another AC that you like. Rename the org sound folder just in case you want to go back to a sound that doesnt work:untroubled:

DaveB
March 13th, 2015, 06:33
Just checked my install and yes.. the sounds are aliased to the Maule. I did have a look some time ago to find a more suitable set. I gather there used to be one at Britsim but they were already down when I was looking.

ATB
DaveB:)

Daveroo
March 13th, 2015, 07:37
well get this,when i tried the piper,i was just testing,i had wiped my drive and have been reinstalling,i hadnt yet installed FSUIPC,after i tested,i decided to install FSUIPC,and when i started FSXSE ,a box came up and said a sound file was connecting to the piper,and it now works..but is very very soft...ill put the maule back in i guess.thanks.

DaveB
March 13th, 2015, 09:17
That's how I hear the TP in FSX Dave. Just in case there was something odd about the sounds/alias, I selected the Maule and that's the same.. I can hardly hear it:banghead: I found this over at FSPS for $8.. http://www.fspilotshop.com/sonic-solutions-cessna-172-sound-pack-p-2523.html . Some 172's have Lycoming 0-320's.. others have 0-360's and Sonic Solutions don't say which it's mastered from. They sure sound better than the Tri-Pacers Maule alias and for $8.. they just might be worth it. The flap sounds are 'powered' mind you and I'm not sure that would fit with the TP. Still.. it makes the TP more fun to be in and around;)

ATB

JimmyRFR
March 13th, 2015, 10:29
The flap sounds are 'powered' mind you and I'm not sure that would fit with the TP.

Are there any soundsets / addon aircraft out there that have a sound for non 'powered' flaps? I'd be most interested in that!

DaveB
March 13th, 2015, 10:50
I think I'm going to try it Jimmy and use the Maule's flap sound. The worst that can happen is that it doesn't work:biggrin-new:

EDIT: Well.. the result has been less than startling. I just don't hear the sounds 'in sim' as they are in the demo (and this goes for a number of other after-market sound sets). If I increase the sound settings 'in sim' and crank up the speakers.. it sounds better. If I then chop to the Maule.. those sounds are much louder!! I then chopped to the ND/MV Huey and that almost split my speakers!! I'm not sure what the heck is happening???

ATB

JimmyRFR
March 13th, 2015, 12:33
I don't know what to tell you! It's strange that the Maule and the Piper have different sound volumes if the sound for the Piper is simply aliased to the Maule. The only thing I can think of is perhaps he's using a sound module for the flap sounds?

Sorry Dave, you might have to email Bill for support!

Portia911
March 13th, 2015, 13:11
well get this,when i tried the piper,i was just testing,i had wiped my drive and have been reinstalling,i hadnt yet installed FSUIPC,after i tested,i decided to install FSUIPC,and when i started FSXSE ,a box came up and said a sound file was connecting to the piper,and it now works..but is very very soft...ill put the maule back in i guess.thanks.

You can just copy the 'Sound' folder from the Maule and replace the equivalent in the Pacer/Tri-pacer folders - you don't have to install the Maule.

Daveroo
March 13th, 2015, 14:07
You can just copy the 'Sound' folder from the Maule and replace the equivalent in the Pacer/Tri-pacer folders - you don't have to install the Maule.

thats what i did do,and as daveb says...its still whisper quiet,no change between the maules sound files,or the dawson sound file with FSUIPC.....not to sure what to do..ill either email him or pm him through the P3D forum.

rich12545
March 13th, 2015, 14:08
Why don't you just write to Bill with the problem? He's really nice and helpful.

Portia911
March 13th, 2015, 15:08
Are the Maule sounds quiet when used in the Maule I wonder (?)
Another option might be the First Class Simulations Pacer sounds.

mthrift
March 13th, 2015, 16:26
Hello all,

It's been a while since I bought my Pacer, but sometime back then I must have noticed the same thing. However, after digging around through all the Pacer files, I noticed that the Bush version DOES have its own sound set. Here's it's directory location:

C:\ . . . \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Piper_Pacer_LHC_Bush\sound

I aliased the other Pacers' sounds to this location and now they all sound sweet!

You might try that and see what you think. Alternately, you could just take a spin in the Bush model and see if you like how it sounds before switching the others. I wonder if the old Maule sound reference was a "leftover" from when they were developing the model . . .

Have fun, :jump:
Michael

Lane Street
March 13th, 2015, 17:23
Hello all,

It's been a while since I bought my Pacer, but sometime back then I must have noticed the same thing. However, after digging around through all the Pacer files, I noticed that the Bush version DOES have its own sound set. Here's it's directory location:

C:\ . . . \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Piper_Pacer_LHC_Bush\sound

I aliased the other Pacers' sounds to this location and now they all sound sweet!

You might try that and see what you think. Alternately, you could just take a spin in the Bush model and see if you like how it sounds before switching the others. I wonder if the old Maule sound reference was a "leftover" from when they were developing the model . . .

Have fun, :jump:
Michael

Hmmm, must be a sound addon that you added. All of my Pacer models, including the Bush model, are aliased to the Maule.

cheers,
Lane

JimmyRFR
March 13th, 2015, 19:47
Yep, I just checked again, all of my Pipers are indeed aliased to the Maule.

musterpilot
March 13th, 2015, 20:57
Yep, I just checked again, all of my Pipers are indeed aliased to the Maule.

Hi guys I have been using the tss sound pack for the Lycoming 0-320 160hp which replicates the real life pacer sound
Having owned the full size pacer it sounds much better
you could use the TSS 0-360 180hp sound set if you want more grunt

SpaceWeevil
March 14th, 2015, 01:20
I was happy enough with the Maule sounds but I have found that the Flight Replicas Super Cub sounds are a nice alternative, if you're lucky enough to own that model - same engine, I think. The FR Super Cub uses a 'mix of custom and default C-172 sounds, with modified .cfg entries..'

donnybalonny
March 14th, 2015, 01:28
You can use fs2002/2004 sounds perfectly well. I think my LH pacer uses the Dreamfleet Cardinal sounds. Anything but the default 6cyl Maule sound. The old Bill Lyons Tripacer can be used as well, but not for the float version. its a very different sound package sounding like an old beaten 135hp engine. Whatever suits your ears. Sounds are very important for me.

JimH
March 14th, 2015, 08:47
Whenever I read that the Lionheart Pacer uses the FSX default Maule's sound file, I scratch my head. I've never altered any of my sound files, and my LH Pacer sounds completely different from my FSX Maule.:confused:

Lane Street
March 14th, 2015, 10:13
Maybe, just maybe, FSX actually reads the aircraft.cfg and realizes that the Maule has 6 cylinders and the Pacer only has 4 and that the Maule has a constant speed prop and the Pacer has a fixed pitch.

These factors might affect how FSX treats the sound.

cheers,
Lane

donnybalonny
March 14th, 2015, 11:38
So JimH, what do you have in your sound folder?

My pacer sounded EXACTLY like the Maule untill I changed it.

JimH
March 15th, 2015, 08:22
So JimH, what do you have in your sound folder?

My pacer sounded EXACTLY like the Maule untill I changed it.

My point is that I have no idea what's in my sound folders - I haven't modified them, and I've never even looked at them. I just flew both the Maule and the LH Piper. The Maule has a very distinct, strong deep bass sound at lower RPMs, kind of a bellowing. The Piper has no where near as much bass. They sound quite different. And I have two separate FSX disks (purchased new, not bootlegged) downloaded into two separate computer systems, and the Maule sounds the same
on both systems.

Bill Ortis at Lionheart Creations has himself listed the Maule as the basis for his Pacer sounds, so I'm not disputing that. I just wonder why mine sounds so different.