PDA

View Full Version : Must see Video and many others by this author

gera
January 28th, 2009, 06:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mo6dQ_Q1w8&feature=related

foreigndevil
January 28th, 2009, 09:45
Yes, his videos are superb!Also check his "FS11" videos!

datter
January 28th, 2009, 10:19
That's not bad, but after having seen this video (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/80661.html) made with (believe it or not) FS9 of all things, I've been terribly hard to impress. It's highly worth a watch, and if you haven't seen it... you need to see it.

CodyValkyrie
January 28th, 2009, 10:27
That's not bad, but after having seen this video (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/80661.html) made with (believe it or not) FS9 of all things, I've been terribly hard to impress. It's highly worth a watch, and if you haven't seen it... you need to see it.
That video was not made exclusively in FS9. The guy had a festival with pinnacle and adobe after effects as well. There are many scenes that are also real world, and many filmed within perhaps 3DS Max. I would say perhaps less than half of the footage is stock FS9.

gera
January 28th, 2009, 11:10
That video was not made exclusively in FS9. The guy had a festival with pinnacle and adobe after effects as well. There are many scenes that are also real world, and many filmed within perhaps 3DS Max. I would say perhaps less than half of the footage is stock FS9.

So what?....he used whatever to the maximum, or almost, to make a magnificent "viewing impresion", which many try while making videos but fall short..................the techniques used are very good.:applause::applause:.....he makes "little movies" with the best of FS9, FSX or whatever...Most FSX and FS9 shorts are just that "shorts" with no technique.

CodyValkyrie
January 28th, 2009, 11:46
I was referring to Datter's post about the other video made with FS9, not the topic video.

I won't disagree. Both videos are well done.

I'm curious by your statement about most videos don't use technique. If you didn't know, I am an avid video maker myself. I'm always wondering what draws people to certain videos.

Off topic slightly, some people don't really understand how much works goes into making FS videos professionally. I salute the video makers who spend the time in what I consider an art. It is not uncommon for me to put 50+ hours into a product video. I can't even begin to tell you how many more hours go into non-commercial for fun videos.

gera
January 28th, 2009, 12:38
I was referring to Datter's post about the other video made with FS9, not the topic video.

I won't disagree. Both videos are well done.

I'm curious by your statement about most videos don't use technique. If you didn't know, I am an avid video maker myself. I'm always wondering what draws people to certain videos.

Off topic slightly, some people don't really understand how much works goes into making FS videos professionally. I salute the video makers who spend the time in what I consider an art. It is not uncommon for me to put 50+ hours into a product video. I can't even begin to tell you how many more hours go into non-commercial for fun videos.

Hi.....I know the work that goes on making a real good video. My youngest son has had an "Animation and Video" Business for over 15 years. As you say it takes many hours to pump out something really good and you use many programs and techniques to get the wanted effect.......I must say, I like to see FS videos and out of 100 about 10% are done very well the rest is just hobby stuff, which I appreciate, but are not very good.:wavey:

PS: You are so right at labeling this work, mostly " works of art", but as my old Aunt Gira use to say "there is Art and there is Urt"

http://www.agvideo.tv/

datter
January 28th, 2009, 13:22
I'm done a lot of 3d animation, modeling, video editing, FX etc professionally for games, tv etc (info etc at link in sig for those interested) and yes, while I can of course recognize the non-FS9 parts of the vid I linked to it's worth noting that when presenting something like that, it's not as much about what was used to make it, but in the overall final product. With life it's about the journey, with art it's often about the destination... which of course inspires a new journey within the viewer all on it's own.

In this case, the guy did some astounding and inspiring work. It's inspiring enough in fact, that I can't help but think I should apply some of my own resources in this direction if I can find the time.