PDA

View Full Version : Flight Simulator Manager for FSX and FS2004 now Freeware

gray eagle
March 11th, 2015, 14:24
FSPS have announced that their product, Flight Simulator Manager for
FSX and FS2004 is now released to the public completely FREE.

The Flight Simulator Manager is an application designed to expand the
capabilities of aircraft within Microsoft's Flight Simulator X and
2004. Created by Flight Simulator Platform Solutions, this application
makes default aircraft just as viable as payware when it comes to
inbuilt functionality. Available as an immediate download, this
fantastic product will radically improve your flight experiences
without the need for expensive payware aircraft.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/lists/lt.php?id=NU5eUAZNUlwaDAIOAF4

Naismith
March 11th, 2015, 23:02
Good one thanks

TeiscoDelRay
March 12th, 2015, 07:16
Thanks but what exactly are you supposed to do with it? I downloaded but not sure how to make it work with FSX. I don't see it in the fsx addon window or anywhere.

gray eagle
March 12th, 2015, 08:16
Thanks but what exactly are you supposed to do with it? I downloaded but not sure how to make it work with FSX. I don't see it in the fsx addon window or anywhere.

As far as I can tell, it is a standalone that works with FSX, How? well, you startup fsx as per usual, pick your aircraft and location, Once that is done then you click on the FSM icon and once its GUI
pops, you will see numerous tabs at the top of the GUI. There are a few tools in it that will help or assist with various aspects of FSX in general or the particular you loaded.

That is about all I can tell you. I am just passing on what I have experienced as a user.

There is no module in FSX for this program, it is a Standalone program.

GunnyG
March 12th, 2015, 09:22
As far as I can tell, it is a standalone that works with FSX, How? well, you startup fsx as per usual, pick your aircraft and location, Once that is done then you click on the FSM icon and once its GUI
pops, you will see numerous tabs at the top of the GUI. There are a few tools in it that will help or assist with various aspects of FSX in general or the particular you loaded.

That is about all I can tell you. I am just passing on what I have experienced as a user.

There is no module in FSX for this program, it is a Standalone program.

Quick synopsis: Don't open the FS manager (by clicking on the icon in your start menu, taskbar or desktop) until after you have started FSX, having already selected both an airport and aircraft.

dhazelgrove
March 12th, 2015, 10:02
I'm always wary of anything that calls itself "Manager" - especially if you don't know what it's doing.

Dave

gray eagle
March 12th, 2015, 10:10
Quick synopsis: Don't open the FS manager (by clicking on the icon in your start menu, taskbar or desktop) until after you have started FSX, having already selected both an airport and aircraft.

I thought I said all that already in my previous ^ i.e., open FSX first then the manager.

gray eagle
March 12th, 2015, 10:15
I'm always wary of anything that calls itself "Manager" - especially if you don't know what it's doing.

Dave

It's free and if you don't care for it then, you hit the uninstall button. I usually will research what the product does first then give it a test spin and if not satisfied, I toss it;
When it's free, then there can be no buyers remorse, right? :adoration:

falcon409
March 12th, 2015, 19:51
I tried it just to see if it would work with P3D. The opening screen says "FS2004, FSX and ESP" I suspect this was probably the early version of P3D. It does work, but there are things it doesn't recognize. . .the version of Flight Sim is one, lol, GPS info is another, I run FSGlobal Real Weather and the weather tab is sometimes readable and sometimes it appears to get confused and doesn't know quite what to display. I flew Piglets OV-10 and while it recognized that it had two engines, when I tried to adjust the mixture control or prop pitch it only affected one engine. Some of the gauges read incorrectly and some not at all. Overall, for someone who gets excited about systems management and knowing what every little thing is doing and when. . .it's a good utility. . .personally it was WAY too much information aside from the fact that it had problems with P3D_V2.5+. Cudo's to the developers, but it just isn't anything I found the least bit interesting.

TeiscoDelRay
March 13th, 2015, 04:29
At least you got it to show something. I cannot get it to show anything with my FSX. I start FSX then open the program and the boxes are blank, no plane, no airport, nothing.

Naismith
March 14th, 2015, 22:26
Whilst looking into this freeware, I came across this free Cessna Skylane for FS9 though it may well work in FSX too. I have no idea if it is good bad or indifferent. But it is free.

https://www.simshack.net/products/free-1966-old-school-cessna-skylane-182kfs2004-431

You will have to register to get it I just don't have the time right now.

Also at that site is the Just Flight C152 and CLS Piper Arrow as freeware.

Maybe this thread should be moved to FS9 as it is more relevant there than here.