PDA

View Full Version : P-40

Killer Svend
March 10th, 2015, 04:02
In the past,I coud'nt care less of different textures and who was flying the different a/c's. It has changed a lot and I found that the p-40 is extreamely difficcult to find out wich texture fix the particular plane, it is a real puzzle, now f.inst. I would like Lindsay Watts P-40's with PHP skins , so my questions are 1. Where to find the planes? 2. where to find the real PHP textures for these planes?
Killer Svend:wavey:

Worthless
March 10th, 2015, 16:16
Wow. I can hardly believe no one has responded to your message by now, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I'm not sure I know what to tell you. Lindsay's site went dark some time ago. I don't really know why or what happened, but it's gone; I do know that. And with it went almost all of his wonderful creations, like the P-40E and P-40B aircraft that were archived there. Some of his Tree and Object files are still available at Maskrider's site.

http://mask-rider.net/MaskRider2008/index.html

Rami
March 10th, 2015, 16:24
Killer Svend,

You would have to reach out to a member who has them and ask them to send them to you. I do not have them, but I imagine some of our Pacific aficionados do. :mixed-smiley-010:

dvslats
March 11th, 2015, 01:47
f.inst. I would like Lindsay Watts P-40's with PHP skins , so my questions are 1. Where to find the planes? 2. where to find the real PHP textures for these planes?
Killer Svend:wavey:

Hi Svend,

You can find the textures at Sopwith's web page. Link (http://sopwithc.wikifoundry.com/page/Downloads+Page+8)

Also, I'll send you a PM.

Cheers, Dave

Killer Svend
March 11th, 2015, 03:45
Thanks a lot
Killer Svend

Killer Svend
March 11th, 2015, 08:44
Dvslats. Dave
I am a fool re.how the system is working re.replying private messages so here it comes in full public: brinkse@mail.tele.dk I am not affraid to reveal it because at 1.st.April I will change supplyer of mail-system and get a complete new adress. Ok re lindsay watts, I have read something in the past re. that he was not a great admirer of SOH,do'nt know why, I is just a pitty that so much of hes great work dissapeared, in the meantime I found the skins and say ,once more thank you very much for your effort
Regards from Svend (The Killer)

Fibber
March 11th, 2015, 10:08
.....tried sending these direct and it wouldn't go. So see if you can get them from here. They are all the files that I have for LW's plane.

https://onedrive.live.com/#cid=DEDDE6C63F47D25D&id=DEDDE6C63F47D25D%21116

kwb737
March 11th, 2015, 13:12
Thank you so much Fibber for the link to download LW P-40's from. I was just about to ask if any of our members could send me them but now that's not necessary. Thank you again! :encouragement:

Blood_Hawk23
March 11th, 2015, 15:57
Thank you so much Fibber for the link to download LW P-40's from. I was just about to ask if any of our members could send me them but now that's not necessary. Thank you again! :encouragement:

I believe I still have his P-40E. not sure of the B. I'll have to look. I might still have a bata of his N that he was working on. again I'll have to look.

Update 1:
After looking I have both versions of the P-40e. the player and AI versions. I don't have the B. I'm still looking for the N. It may have been lost in my last redo of my computer. I'll check my old emails and see if its still there. more than likely not as he didn't want it out yet. I'll keep looking.

those of us that were friends with Lindsay know the reasons for his leaving SOH and why alot of his work is now lost. I have most of his later works and a few not released that we both worked on while he was starting to teach me about GMax.

Update 2:
Sad to say the N is gone. I do have the uboat that we were working on. and the readme for the daed trees that he made for my WWI scenery. that was the last email that i saved. I don't even have the one for the HMS Tigher that we were working on. but I do have the files.

kwb737
March 11th, 2015, 17:36
I believe I still have his P-40E. not sure of the B. I'll have to look. I might still have a bata of his N that he was working on. again I'll have to look.

Update 1:
After looking I have both versions of the P-40e. the player and AI versions. I don't have the B. I'm still looking for the N. It may have been lost in my last redo of my computer. I'll check my old emails and see if its still there. more than likely not as he didn't want it out yet. I'll keep looking.

those of us that were friends with Lindsay know the reasons for his leaving SOH and why alot of his work is now lost. I have most of his later works and a few not released that we both worked on while he was starting to teach me about GMax.

Update 2:
Sad to say the N is gone. I do have the uboat that we were working on. and the readme for the daed trees that he made for my WWI scenery. that was the last email that i saved. I don't even have the one for the HMS Tigher that we were working on. but I do have the files.

The link that Fibber posted and that I downloaded from had both the E and B models in it. Thank you Blood_Hawk for the extra looking around you did. :wavey:

Fibber
March 11th, 2015, 20:48
........your more than welcome to them. Just glad that you were able to get them from the upload.

Killer Svend
March 11th, 2015, 23:42
Brothers in Arms
You are fantastic !!!! I am really greatful for all your efforts in helping the old man,it allmost brings tears to my Eyes-Thrue it does.once again thank you all.
Killer Svend:denmark:

dvslats
March 12th, 2015, 01:39
Hi Killer Svend,

It may take some time these days but eventually people will jump in to help. There's so many addons for CFS2 it took me awhile to even remember where these files are kept on my storage disks. :mixed-smiley-010:

@ Fibber, Thank you for sharing your collection! You had several that I missed downloading several years back. :encouragement:

Cheerz, Dave

Fibber
March 12th, 2015, 05:22
.....you guys are more than welcome. If I have it squirreled away you are all more than welcome to it.