PDA

View Full Version : still curious about ______

Daveroo
March 8th, 2015, 18:22
hey all,i dont want most of the stock planes in my FSX.SE hanger,back in FS9 ,i was told to copy the .cab files from the gauges? folders..but i dont want them left in the file folders part in explorer,make that list shorter,so what can i do to keep the pertinent files in the sim,with out having to have the entier plane folders in it?..

ryanbatc
March 8th, 2015, 18:29
Rename their panel folders to panel.bak

Daveroo
March 9th, 2015, 08:55
but that leaves the entire plane folder IN the fsx simobjects /airplanes folder does it not?......i want all those folders out of there..

odourboy
March 9th, 2015, 09:26
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but for aircraft I want out of sight, but not necessarily permanently retired, I simply cut and past the entire aircraft folder from fsx/SimObjects/Airplanes (rotocraft also) and paste them into an 'FSX Hanger' folder on a different drive. I leave the gauges, effects and sounds alone (they're generally don't take up too much disk space anyway) so if i want to reactivate a hangered aircraft, I just copy it's folder back into fsx.

This saves me precious space on my SSD (where FSX is installed) and keeps my set of flyable aircraft down to a manageable list.