PDA

View Full Version : FTX Global Lighting Configurator.....YES

heywooood
March 7th, 2015, 18:59
I haven't seen any remarks about it here so I'm wondering - why?

It makes the dawn, dusk, and night flying environment so much better.
It has a simple GUI, you can set multiple profiles (I only use one), and it does nothing to your FPS..

It can be D'led from their website - its FREE so its in the free downloads section at the bottom, and it really enhances and brightens up the lighting tenfold
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2015-3-5_22-1-42-369_zps7u9rhn3y.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/heywooood/media/2015-3-5_22-1-42-369_zps7u9rhn3y.png.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2015-3-7_19-45-22-445_zpsg0hytuvj.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/heywooood/media/2015-3-7_19-45-22-445_zpsg0hytuvj.png.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2015-3-4_15-43-40-358_zpseaqzpirw.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/heywooood/media/2015-3-4_15-43-40-358_zpseaqzpirw.png.html)

not sure if my shots do it justice - but trust me - try it with the brightest settings and see for yourself - you can always reduce the settings or remove the program if you no like

davido53
March 8th, 2015, 09:28
thanks for the heads-up!!

heywooood
March 8th, 2015, 20:06
You are welcome -

I guess not too many people fly "after hours" ....

Paul Anderson
March 9th, 2015, 17:32
Thanks for the pics, now I know what I'm missing.
An FTX forum thread was opened by a gent on April 15 2014 saying he couldn't run it, FTX GLOBAL Lights Configurator.exe is not a valid win32 application, it was marked NOTED.
I added to it that I was also having the same problem, couple other folks too.
Almost a year later and no change in status, guess their main focus is on fixes for the payware problems.
Can't say that I disagree with that, but 11 months is a long time.

heywooood
March 9th, 2015, 19:29
Thanks for the pics, now I know what I'm missing.
An FTX forum thread was opened by a gent on April 15 2014 saying he couldn't run it, FTX GLOBAL Lights Configurator.exe is not a valid win32 application, it was marked NOTED.
I added to it that I was also having the same problem, couple other folks too.
Almost a year later and no change in status, guess their main focus is on fixes for the payware problems.
Can't say that I disagree with that, but 11 months is a long time.

the error message "...is not a valid win32 application" typically refers to an issue on the end users PC and NOT with a vendors software.
usually a corrupted file, or interrupted download are the cause and simply re-downloading after deleting the original attempt - and re-installing will cure it.
However - it could also indicate the presence of a virus or other malware on the end users PC...

I am a bit surprised that with the number of FTX users here, there doesn't seem to be anyone else who has the Lighting Configurator installed or has tried it...?
It really is to my eyes a clear indication that only a very small percentage of flight simmers fly at night or at dawn / dusk.

Paul Anderson
March 11th, 2015, 12:43
Not to misdirect thread, but there are many things that can cause the error message, tried all remedies I can find on internet to fix, after ORBX suggestions.
Suspect now that it was compiled without WinXP 32 bit option.
Are there any WinXP users out there that have no problem?
Not a big problem for me though, I like daytime flights, just thinking some FPS could be gained if lights could be set low.

ejoiner
March 11th, 2015, 12:48
the error message "...is not a valid win32 application" typically refers to an issue on the end users PC and NOT with a vendors software.
usually a corrupted file, or interrupted download are the cause and simply re-downloading after deleting the original attempt - and re-installing will cure it.
However - it could also indicate the presence of a virus or other malware on the end users PC...

I am a bit surprised that with the number of FTX users here, there doesn't seem to be anyone else who has the Lighting Configurator installed or has tried it...?
It really is to my eyes a clear indication that only a very small percentage of flight simmers fly at night or at dawn / dusk.

Im an active and enthusiastic userr of FTX products and own many. however I didnt know about this lighting configurator until this thread! on the FTX/Orbx web site its at the very bottom of the freeware page. Easy to miss.

Eric

heywooood
March 11th, 2015, 20:47
to be clear - and just in case anyone is still "in the dark" about what this program does : It has no effect on cockpit lighting...it ONLY affects GROUND lighting - traffic lights, neon lights, street lights etc...
I dunno why I suddenly thought there was a miss conception...wasn't anything anyone said - I just wanted to make it clear if it wasn't, from what I had posted earlier...

heywooood
March 11th, 2015, 20:49
Im an active and enthusiastic userr of FTX products and own many. however I didnt know about this lighting configurator until this thread! on the FTX/Orbx web site its at the very bottom of the freeware page. Easy to miss.

Eric

please post a pic or indicate whether you think the program adds something to the FSX night environment...when you get a minute.

glad to have been of service

heywooood
March 11th, 2015, 20:51
Not to misdirect thread, but there are many things that can cause the error message, tried all remedies I can find on internet to fix, after ORBX suggestions.
Suspect now that it was compiled without WinXP 32 bit option.
Are there any WinXP users out there that have no problem?
Not a big problem for me though, I like daytime flights, just thinking some FPS could be gained if lights could be set low.

noted - sorry to see it isn't installing properly for you - I wonder if anyone else has the same issue or has solved it if they did...

jtrandttr
March 12th, 2015, 20:37
I just got around to installing the Configurator this evening. Both the download and the install seemed to go off without a hitch, but I also get the "...is not a valid win32 application" error.

I'm running XP Pro 64 (which was also installed as the 64-bit OS). I happen to be one of those simmers that enjoy flying at dusk, so I would be interested if anyone comes up with a solution. In the meantime I'll consult Google and see what's out there I can try.

Tom

heywooood
March 12th, 2015, 23:25
I run win7 home premium 64 and had no issues.... I hope this thing can be solved