PDA

View Full Version : Major PMDG 737NGX Update

StormILM
March 5th, 2015, 16:54
I just heard about the new PMDG 737NGX update which brings the model fully into FSX.SE and P3D. Besides updated systems & radar, they threw in another unexpected surprise:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20621&stc=1

ColoKent
March 5th, 2015, 18:13
Two questions:

1. Does that work with FSX (Accelerate, not SE) as well?
2. Is a paint kit included?

Kent

StormILM
March 5th, 2015, 19:48
Kent, the model will work in FSX Acceleration without the Steam version. To clarify, the installer has the option to install on either or both versions (if one or both versions of FSX are detected). It is also important to note that the P3D version is separate and to obtain that version, it is a separate purchase. Right now they are offering a temporary discount for existing FSX NGX users to obtain the reworked P3D version. I'm not totally familiar with the terms and costs and anyone who's interested in the P3D version should consult PMDG's website for more information. Regarding the P-8A, it is included in all versions(FSX/FSX.SE & P3D) and it is a stand alone aircraft folder. There are extra P-8A two repaints available in the PMDG Operations Center. Regarding the Paint Kit, as far as I can tell the original 2011 dated Paint Kit files are still current for the 800/900 series and the 600/700 expansion pack has been updated. I have seen no specific Paint Kit for the P-8A and am unsure if the 800/900 files will work as there are many new parts on the P-8A exterior model.

ryanbatc
March 5th, 2015, 23:53
But note you're paying the same price as FSX (even if you already own that version), plus a price hike for P3D should you choose to buy that version.

*sigh*

The sims are still far too similar for this pricing BS.

DaveWG
March 6th, 2015, 01:06
But note you're paying the same price as FSX (even if you already own that version), plus a price hike for P3D should you choose to buy that version.

*sigh*

The sims are still far too similar for this pricing BS.

To be clear, you don't need to buy it again for FSX-SE if you already have the original FSX release.
The P3d version is a separate product / license.

StormILM
March 6th, 2015, 01:27
To be clear, you don't need to buy it again for FSX-SE if you already have the original FSX release.
The P3d version is a separate product / license.

Correct, I did not make that clear before. As I understand, the process to get the rights to make it for P3D was a bit of a headache in addition to the upgrade work. The new update for the FSX/FSX.SE version is free including the P-8A.