PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Busch Won't Face Crimminal Charges

Panther_99FS
March 5th, 2015, 13:23
http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/kurt-busch-ex-girlfriend-patricia-driscoll-no-criminal-charges-stewart-haas-racing-030515

PRB
March 5th, 2015, 16:25
So what is this "path to reinstatement" process all about, especially now? Will KB have to go to sensitivity training, where he has to answer the question "have you stopped beating your gf?" And if he says "but I didn't..." he won't "graduate" from "The Path"? This is bizarre.

stansdds
March 6th, 2015, 04:03
It will be fascinating to see how NASCAR handles this. Kurt was accused of abusing his ex-girlfriend, NASCAR indefinitely suspended him from the sport, now the district attorney says there is insufficient evidence to support the allegation of abuse. So basically, Kurt Bush was not charged with a crime, was not found guilty of a crime, but NASCAR suspended him for committing a crime. I think NASCAR's policy of "guilty until proven otherwise" is about to result in an embarrassment to the sport. NASCAR overreacted to an allegation and, as I said before, this sets a dangerous precedent.

Daveroo
March 6th, 2015, 06:56
the report says there wasnt sufficient evidence to support a crime...but it doesnt say he didnt touch her..just that what he may have done was not a crime...just wait..he got away with it this time..there will be more "incidents" in future.

Panther_99FS
March 6th, 2015, 15:46
It will be fascinating to see how NASCAR handles this. Kurt was accused of abusing his ex-girlfriend, NASCAR indefinitely suspended him from the sport, now the district attorney says there is insufficient evidence to support the allegation of abuse. So basically, Kurt Bush was not charged with a crime, was not found guilty of a crime, but NASCAR suspended him for committing a crime. I think NASCAR's policy of "guilty until proven otherwise" is about to result in an embarrassment to the sport. NASCAR overreacted to an allegation and, as I said before, this sets a dangerous precedent.

Amen!
- And let me add that there should not be any "Road To Recovery" for Kurt either....

PRB
March 6th, 2015, 16:33
the report says there wasnt sufficient evidence to support a crime...but it doesnt say he didnt touch her..just that what he may have done was not a crime...just wait..he got away with it this time..there will be more "incidents" in future.

Actually, what the government said was that there isn't enough evidence to make them (the government) confident they could get a conviction in front of a jury, not that they think what he's accused of isn't a crime.

But NASCAR's problem remains. Maybe they "jumped the gun" in the wake of all the NFL embarrassment, but "jump the gun" they apparently did. And they are such expert bureaucrats! I love the statement they released, saying, basically, "Hey Kurt already agreed to 'The Path To Redemption', so he's stuck with it, but, his 'non indictment' may, possibly, maybe, speed up his 'path' ... ", blah, blah, blah... No really?

Panther_99FS
March 6th, 2015, 17:11
Actually, what the government said was that there isn't enough evidence to make them (the government) confident they could get a conviction in front of a jury, not that they think what he's accused of isn't a crime.

But NASCAR's problem remains. Maybe they "jumped the gun" in the wake of all the NFL embarrassment, but "jump the gun" they apparently did. And they are such expert bureaucrats! I love the statement they released, saying, basically, "Hey Kurt already agreed to 'The Path To Redemption', so he's stuck with it, but, his 'non indictment' may, possibly, maybe, speed up his 'path' ... ", blah, blah, blah... No really?

Yah...BIG "foot in mouth" by NASCAR here....

stansdds
March 7th, 2015, 04:56

Yep, Kurt is stuck with it and NASCAR can figure out what to do later on, maybe publicity will die down, maybe people will forget about this decision. It's becoming pretty clear that NASCAR will not admit to jumping the gun, they, like all bureaucracies, can never admit to committing an error.

Panther_99FS
March 7th, 2015, 08:16
Yep, Kurt is stuck with it and NASCAR can figure out what to do later on, maybe publicity will die down, maybe people will forget about this decision. It's becoming pretty clear that NASCAR will not admit to jumping the gun, they, like all bureaucracies, can never admit to committing an error.

Problem is that the basic question hasn't been answered now with this result - and that is.
What exactly is Kurt being suspended for?

Terry
March 7th, 2015, 08:57
NASCAR screwed up, however they can make the case that they and several car owners have give Bush chance after chance and he just keeps screwing up. So there are points to be made for and against reinstating him.

PRB
March 7th, 2015, 09:26
Problem is that the basic question hasn't been answered now with this result - and that is.

Same thing as before. NASCAR could make the case that nothing has changed. The government decided not to prosecute because they don't think they have enough witnesses and evidence to guarantee a conviction. NASCAR doesn't have to convince a jury. But they are not taking that position, since they said the government's decision “may” get Busch through this “process” faster. In that case, your question is now relevant. If NASCAR no longer thinks Busch committed this act, they should let him race tomorrow.

b52bob
March 7th, 2015, 14:01
But...who would he drive for. Sponsors would be wary.

stansdds
March 8th, 2015, 03:19

I think that is exactly why NASCAR is saying very little at this time. I think they are hoping that people will forget about this incident.