PDA

View Full Version : FsX:SE Update coming.

Ferry_vO
March 5th, 2015, 09:30
Next week (9th – 16th March 2015) we are planning to release an update for Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition into open beta. The open beta will run for seven days and allow players to provide feedback about the updated before it is released through Steam to all FSX: Steam Edition players. The beta is open to everyone however you will need to own FSX: Steam Edition to take part. We will be publishing further details regarding the open beta and the exact content of the update over the next few days

https://www.facebook.com/fsxinsider?fref=nf

Interesting!

Bjoern
March 6th, 2015, 08:16
Ditched FSXSE for FSX MS a few weeks ago (though I have to admit that it was a completely unnecessary move).

Will probably reinstall (no big deal, takes 30 mins or so) if the update is NOT just multiplayer BS.

- Edit:

The thread on Avsim has the changelog.

FSX: Steam Edition can now be used in Steam’s offline mode.
Steam Dumps are now created following crashes to help with diagnoses of reported issues.
Fixed issues reported with g3D.dll affecting some add-ons
Number of fixes for the terrain.dll crashes experienced by some users have been made.
VoIP communication is now using the correct device as identified in ‘Settings’.
During mission-based Multiplayer flights, if the host has activated the ‘Anti-Cheat’ flag, users who have modified their aircraft are immediately disconnected without affecting the host or other users.
The Steam ‘Invite to Game’ feature will now work by buffering the request until the user enters the Multiplayer menu.
Users are prompted to use the Steam Client to invite someone from the Multiplayer menu to become a friend on Steam.
On the Multiplayer Session and lobby screens, the text in the “Weather” section is now aligned correctly.
If ‘Show Saved Flights’ is enabled, the time stamps on the saved flight data will now show the correct time the flight was saved.
The HTML content displayed in some windows, eg. tutorials, mission help, etc., now runs in IE9 compatibility mode, rather than IE8, providing better presentation.
On the Multiplayer Session screen, the user name of the host is now shown.
On the Multiplayer Session screen, before a session is started, ‘In Briefing Room’ is now shown.

Hot damn, the first four are really promising!

Bjoern
March 9th, 2015, 18:37
Reinstalled FSXSE today and got the beta update. Offline Mode and everything else works.
No comment on the .dll fixes; wasn't affected by them.

CG_1976
March 9th, 2015, 19:26
I re installed Steam and tried to install my FSX/SE, but it wont let me lol. Something about connectivity??Might have to go bang and hang Cox lol yet.

Bjoern
March 10th, 2015, 06:35
If you can't log into Steam, just keep on trying. Once in a while, even I need two or three tries.

Navy Chief
March 10th, 2015, 11:08
Reinstalled FSXSE today and got the beta update. Offline Mode and everything else works.
No comment on the .dll fixes; wasn't affected by them.

I installed the beta, and it promptly caused my VRS Superbug & Tacpac to quit working. Later today I will see about reverting back. NC

CG_1976
March 10th, 2015, 12:11
If you can't log into Steam, just keep on trying. Once in a while, even I need two or three tries.

No that isnt the Issue, I can log in but right click in the Lib on FSX or click install FSX and then I get a connection error within 3 to 4 minutes. None of my other Online stuff is having issue's just the Steam client lol.

Javis
March 10th, 2015, 19:44
I have to reinstall W7 one of these days. Means a fresh FSX too (and what not... :banghead: )

Thinking of FSX-Steam ( gotta love Steam when it comes to reinstalling stuff. F.i. TS installs including the whole kitn caboodle of DTG DLC, and that's a LOT!, within half an hour!)

How's DX-10 with FSX-SE ? Steve's shaders fix working OK ?....

Thanks !

Cheers,
jan

Lewis-A2A
March 11th, 2015, 05:49
Dx10 fixer works for me in steam edition, Steve mentioned some things to change with next version to make it work even better with FSX Steam edition :encouragement:

Navy Chief
March 11th, 2015, 05:59
I installed the beta, and it promptly caused my VRS Superbug & Tacpac to quit working. Later today I will see about reverting back. NC

I reverted back to original (opted out of beta) and VRS working again:adoration: NC

Won't install a Steam beta again, before checking VRS forums!

Javis
March 11th, 2015, 06:08
Dx10 fixer works for me in steam edition, Steve mentioned some things to change with next version to make it work even better with FSX Steam edition :encouragement:

Great! Thanks, Lewis! :encouragement: