March 4th, 2015, 07:22
Oh Yea!! Downloading now!:jump:

Christoph_T
March 4th, 2015, 07:38
Looks nice!!!
Waiting for some review.

YoYo
March 4th, 2015, 08:27
Nice news and welcome back AH! I'll wait when it will be in PCAviator.

More info here: http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_swift.php

Aircraft in Bill Lyons style.... :)

http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/img/products/swift/013.jpg

falcon409
March 4th, 2015, 08:40
Very nice. . . .not a high altitude/Mountain flyer though. . .decreased performance above 8000' (service ceiling is supposed to be 18,000') in mountainous areas leave very little room for error if you must maneuver.

JimmyRFR
March 4th, 2015, 09:17
For $20?? I'll be absolutely flying this one tonight!!

Looks really, really nice. Now I'm excited for the day to get finished with so I can go have some sim time!!

srgalahad
March 4th, 2015, 10:48
Very nice. . . .not a high altitude/Mountain flyer though. . .decreased performance above 8000' (service ceiling is supposed to be 18,000') in mountainous areas leave very little room for error if you must maneuver.

Remember that "service ceiling" is the altitude 'at which a 100 fpm climb cannot be maintained' - or as one of my instructors put it: "you'll run out of gas before you get any higher".

8000 ft with a carburetor-equipped 125 HP engine is pretty good. Toss out the passenger and most of the gas and you might see a small improvement. Of course, you can have a density altitude over 8K on a hot summer day at KELP.

Roger
March 4th, 2015, 11:17
That's great!! ...but I want it from another vendor. I'll wait and see who's first.

heywooood
March 4th, 2015, 13:33
That's great!! ...but I want it from another vendor. I'll wait and see who's first.

I know what you mean...but I had to have it so I set aside my rule this one time and purchased it today and I have to say I love this little birdie

It has the nicest form for a low wing mono and being practically a Golden Age design why wouldn't it?
AH has captured the form perfectly and made a winning model that has virtually zero impact on FPS while being of terrific detail.

It flies right, looks right, sounds right and features a beauty grill...like a '49 Buick.

First flight from Bonners Ferry to SandPoint - winner winner, chicken dinner

bazzar
March 4th, 2015, 13:34
Hi Rog,

I'd be interested to know about your views on vendors. Could you email me please? We are still adjusting our "position" on sales etc. so all input is of value.

Don't forget everyone, there is a fully flyable demo available for download for you to try before you buy. And you can get a 5% discount if you post on Facebook or Twitter.:engel016:

pbearsailor
March 4th, 2015, 13:58
And you can get a 5% discount if you post on Facebook or Twitter.:engel016:

Not a big deal, but the discount did not work for me. Did the tweet and it went no further on the purchase. Maybe me, I dunno. :dizzy:

Cheers,
Steve :wavey:

Roger
March 4th, 2015, 14:03
Hi Rog,

I'd be interested to know about your views on vendors. Could you email me please? We are still adjusting our "position" on sales etc. so all input is of value.

Don't forget everyone, there is a fully flyable demo available for download for you to try before you buy. And you can get a 5% discount if you post on Facebook or Twitter.:engel016:

Hi Baz,

I'm not sure if I have a current e-mail address, so I'll pm you here.

bazzar
March 4th, 2015, 14:08
Hi Steve, very odd, we are looking into it. It is supposed to work automatically at the purchase point. Thanks for the HU.:engel016:

bazzar
March 4th, 2015, 14:29
It appears the auto discount feature is not working correctly for all browsers. We are temporarily disabling it until we can get it sorted with the provider.
Very sorry fr any inconvenience, it will happen once we have it sorted. Thanks guys.:engel016:

bazzar
March 4th, 2015, 14:29
Hi Baz,

I'm not sure if I have a current e-mail address, so I'll pm you here.

Thanks Rog, I have it. I will digest and further think.

JimmyRFR
March 4th, 2015, 14:37
I'm very glad to see that there is an option to buy it directly from the AH website. Will be using that, rather than any vendor.

Nothing against any particular vendor; however on an inexpensive item such as this, I don't mind if 100% of my money goes to support the developers. :)

Browncoat
March 4th, 2015, 15:31
Bazzar!

It is good to see Aeroplane Heaven is still up and running. The globe swift is an awesome looking classic bird!

Rudyjo
March 4th, 2015, 15:38
I'm very glad to see that there is an option to buy it directly from the AH website. Will be using that, rather than any vendor.

Nothing against any particular vendor; however on an inexpensive item such as this, I don't mind if 100% of my money goes to support the developers. :)
I also prefer to buy directly from the developers. Before I hit the "Buy now" box at AH, can you tell me if they accept a Visa card? Some places only sell with a Pay-Pal account which I do not have and don't wish to have.

bazzar
March 4th, 2015, 15:49
Currently credit card purchases can be processed via FS Pilotshop. We are not yet set up for card payments, only PayPal. :engel016:

pilto von pilto
March 4th, 2015, 15:52
Hello Fellas,

I'm the bloke responsible for the site.
I have researched the issue with the auto discounts and it is a per user problem. Good news is I know what the issue is and this information is below as well as being put into the FAQ sometime today.

Problem :
Basically if you are like me you like your privacy. You probably have installed ghostery or something similar which stops tracking of your actions and websites. It is this that is stopping the discount. Screenshot is from the mac version of chrome ( and yes I know it leaks webrtc ip addresses which is why you should use firefox anyway but it is simple and people are still using it ).

FIX :
When you come to the site you'll see that your icon will have 0 trackers on it. however when you hit buy now this number goes up to 6. this is the sharing feature. If you disable the tracker temporarily ( as I have in the screenshot ) and reload the site the icon goes grey and you can then buy the product with the 5% discount. This has been tested in Chrome 41, firefox35 and safari. IE not so much.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20584&stc=1

Anyone want to do the maths for me to make the discount exactly 18.95 instead of 18.96 that would be nice. ( not sure if I can enter in decimal points into the % field though )

At no point does Aeroplaneheaven track your activities. Only when you want to buy the product with a discount should you ever need to temporarily disable the anti-tracking. If you dont want the discount you can leave the anti-tracking software on and the protocols all still work .

Remember to re-enable ghostery ( anti-tracking software ) afterwards.

Back to your regular show now.

Paul Anderson
March 4th, 2015, 16:04

dvj
March 4th, 2015, 16:39
I'm a sucker for these classic GA's. Unfortunately there is a very annoying audio blip every 5 seconds in mid to full throttle audio. Seems to be in the high RPM audio layer. Nav lights are also a bit bright for my tastes. Prop disc could have been volumetric. Barely detectable drag when wheels are lowered. Barely any change in aircraft attitude with full flap drop. I would expect some with a craft this small. Oh well, it looks nice. The blinking eyes are a bit weird, but I like the addition of the female pilot and alternative co-pilot settings from the clipboard.

bazzar
March 4th, 2015, 17:02
I'm a sucker for these classic GA's. Unfortunately there is a very annoying audio blip every 5 seconds in mid to full throttle audio. Seems to be in the high RPM audio layer. Nav lights are also a bit bright for my tastes. Prop disc could have been volumetric. Barely detectable drag when wheels are lowered. Barely any change in aircraft attitude with full flap drop. I would expect some with a craft this small. Oh well, it looks nice. The blinking eyes are a bit weird, but I like the addition of the female pilot and alternative co-pilot settings from the clipboard.

We will obviously be looking into things once the dust has settled and like all our productions will be issuing updates. But I can assure you that the dynamics were built by somebody with many original,professional and personal hours on the Swift.:engel016:

Moses03
March 4th, 2015, 17:21
Checking out the demo on a short dusk flight. A lot of fun to fly even with the limitations.

Like Roger, curious to see if it pops up for sale at another shop.

heywooood
March 4th, 2015, 17:39
I have also noted the slight audio bug wrt engine throttle...not a show stopper and likely an easy fix on AH's side

as to the FDE - I do notice LG drag when extended and what I assume is adequate attitudinal changes as well as proper drag penalty / reduction with flap extension / retraction so....not sure what to make of that claim...

This model is a home run in my view, helped by the fact that this airplane is a light GA from my favorite era of flight - still - a Home Run !

I look forward to my next purchase from AH - ( the F3F Grumman I hope)

The Swift
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2015-3-4_17-46-53-114_zpsbpzbsz2z.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/heywooood/media/2015-3-4_17-46-53-114_zpsbpzbsz2z.png.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2015-3-4_15-45-24-138_zpsgufqienr.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/heywooood/media/2015-3-4_15-45-24-138_zpsgufqienr.png.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2015-3-4_15-43-40-358_zpswsro9fkx.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/heywooood/media/2015-3-4_15-43-40-358_zpswsro9fkx.png.html)

JimmyRFR
March 4th, 2015, 19:47
Currently credit card purchases can be processed via FS Pilotshop. We are not yet set up for card payments, only PayPal. :engel016:

Perfect. Bought direct from your site and downloading as I type.

pbearsailor
March 4th, 2015, 19:47
Hello Fellas,

I'm the bloke responsible for the site.
I have researched the issue with the auto discounts and it is a per user problem. Good news is I know what the issue is and this information is below as well as being put into the FAQ sometime today. Back to your regular show now.

Sorry, but that does not apply to me. Nothing extra going on with my system. Mac using Safari or Opera.

-steve

pilto von pilto
March 4th, 2015, 20:12
Anyone not able to get the discount to work there is a quick workaround. If you go to the AH sellfy product page you can buy direct from there:

https://sellfy.com/aeroplaneheaven

Annoyingly when you click the buy now button it takes you to the checkout with the full amount but you just close that popup and it will allow you to post to facebook/twitter at that point. I have tested this in safari just now. It works from their site just not from ours on safari.

Thanks for the testing :encouragement: it all helps especially for our plans for planes in the future.

:engel016:

JimmyRFR
March 4th, 2015, 21:37
I just finished my first flight; well done, guys. Bravo!

There's a whole lot to like about this package:

- Really nice touches on the modelling, especially in the VC. Textures are nice, and lots of little touches, like the keys that jiggle while the plane is running, or the nicely modeled bolts alongside the inside of the canopy. The various controls and switches are really nicely done. I also like how accessible the radios are, even for being so low. It's the first time that I've ever seen the long tuning knobs used to a good advantage, we're so used to seeing them straight on, but from above they provide a large clickspot for your mouse.

- The cold start tutorial with the individually removable post-it notes is absolutely wonderful. On that note, the clipboard with it's notes and options is charming as well as funny.

- Handles very nicely in the air. I can't judge how accurate it might be, but an aircraft like this should be a pleasure to hand fly, and it really is. I did find it a bit hard to slow down on approach; trying to observe the gear and flap limits means that you really have to plan ahead. Again, I have no input on whether this is accurate, but it is a bit of a quirk to keep in mind. I did get a nice flare though, and for the first landing with a new plane I had an absolutely perfect landing. I wish all my landings were that smooth, in fact.

- A very nice selection of liveries, that speak to the age of the plane.

- A nice selection of pilots / co-pilots. Two provided for each position, and then you can swap positions, which really gives you four possible pilots.

- Twin installers included. I'm not a P3D user at this point, but a nice touch all the same, considering the low cost.

Really, considering the cost, this aircraft is an absolutely gem. :)

I'm not about to be picky regarding small details, but I did notice a few small bugs I think - maybe not bugs? Again, this is no way a complaint, I'd be perfectly content with the aircraft if it never gets touched again by the devs, but purely for feedback purposes:
- the clipboard option to 'enable pilot', when unchecked, still has the pilot shown.
- the switch over on the far right hand side that shows/hides the nice little autopilot panel also shows and hides the left side yoke.

Anyhow, I'm finished my $100 hamburger, back off to return to my home strip. :)

dvj
March 4th, 2015, 22:08

I'm also noticing that there is very little rudder response in flight, but plenty on the ground. Is this normal for the Swift? Cross-wind landing is impossible. Nothing noted in the manual. I'll try the model in P3D next.

d

bazzar
March 4th, 2015, 22:15
According to real world pilots who have a lot of Swift time, the rudder was/is very poor in flight with little response. We have tried very hard to replicate the flight characteristics of the Swift according to these guys. There are several good articles written by them about the early Swifts. The later models with engine /thrust changes did make a big difference but this baby ain't one of those.

Cross-wind landings are not recommended according to period reviews...

We will, of course be noting all and every possible bug and well, you know the rest....:engel016:

dvj
March 4th, 2015, 22:24
According to real world pilots who have a lot of Swift time, the rudder was/is very poor in flight with little response. We have tried very hard to replicate the flight characteristics of the Swift according to these guys. There are several good articles written by them about the early Swifts. The later models with engine /thrust changes did make a big difference but this baby ain't one of those.

Cross-wind landings are not recommended according to period reviews...

We will, of course be noting all and every possible bug and well, you know the rest....:engel016:

So I guess if there is a cross wind at your destination you don't land. I just tried the Swift in P3D v.2. I get pitch up with flaps extended as I would expect, not found in FSX. And surprisingly, full rudder control in flight with P3D, not found in FSX. Still very little drag with the wheels extended.

d

bazzar
March 4th, 2015, 23:15
Rather than keep quoting other people, have a read of this one. There are many others.

http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepSwift.html

thefrog
March 4th, 2015, 23:27
I really like the demo but as I live in the UK I assume that I cannot purchase it from the AH website. As I won't purchase from a vendor that charges for downloads after a certain period I am hoping the Swift will be available from other sites soon.

peterwatkins2
March 5th, 2015, 01:10
Nice one Baz! Had to get this if only to paint G-ARNN (I know it was a GC-1B but what the hell!). FSPilotShop state that the paintkit is available from AH but perhaps they were being a bit premature as I could not find it on the site.

Cheers, Peter W:ernaehrung004:

Dumonceau
March 5th, 2015, 02:37
Nice one Baz! Had to get this if only to paint G-ARNN (I know it was a GC-1B but what the hell!). FSPilotShop state that the paintkit is available from AH but perhaps they were being a bit premature as I could not find it on the site.

Cheers, Peter W:ernaehrung004:

Here ya go Peter: http://www.fspilotshop.com/special/Demo/APH-270_Paintkit-swift.zip

Cheers,

Johan

dhasdell
March 5th, 2015, 05:19
I like the dangling keys. Now that's a Bill Lyons touch if ever there was one.

mgchrist5
March 5th, 2015, 05:57
Great work, AH! Not only is the subject matter very reminiscent of Bill Lyon's work, but so is the reasonable price point. I'm really looking forward to your other forthcoming works.

One very minor issue I noticed - the ADF is commented out in the 'radio' section of the aircraft.cfg, as seen below. Although the ADF turns on, the needle does not deflect towards the tuned station. I changed Adf.1 to a "1" on mine, and all seems to operate well now.

[Radios]
// Radio Type = available, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1 = 1
Com.1 = 1, 0
Nav.1 = 1, 0, 0
Adf.1 = 0
Transponder.1 = 0
Marker.1 = 0

dvj
March 5th, 2015, 06:56
Rather than keep quoting other people, have a read of this one. There are many others.

http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepSwift.html

After reading this, the FSX rendition is the more accurate, lack of rudder response seems to be the norm.

falcon409
March 5th, 2015, 07:35
Beautiful airplane, flight dynamics seem on the money to me and a joy to fly. Some shots of Bill (WND) and I flying the New England Hoplist this morning. In the "Final Approach" image I was tracking straight down the rwy, but the winds had other ideas, lol.

JimmyRFR
March 5th, 2015, 11:28
A question:

This is being billed as a GC-1A. However, the .air file is called GC-1B, and the aircraft.cfg file lists 'max_rated_hp= 125', which matches the real GC-1B. In addition, the swift1_notes.txt file lists the following info:

Powerplant Continental C-85-12 or C-85-12F, 85 hp @ 2,575 rpm (GC-1A)
Continental C-125-1 or C-125-2, 125 hp @ 2,550 rpm (GC-1B)

Soooo... are we seeing the performance and handling of a GC-1A, or a GC-1B?

Or are we to assume that our beautiful GC-1A has underwent an upgrade to a GC-1B, which from my research, many of them indeed were!

No criticism intended, just confused as to which version this is.

My secret hope is actually that we see an expansion for this, that includes both versions, or a modernized sport version with a sliding canopy and a big 210 HP IO-360. :)

donnybalonny
March 5th, 2015, 12:20
No criticism intended, just confused as to which version this is.

My secret hope is actually that we see an expansion for this, that includes both versions, or a modernized sport version with a sliding canopy and a big 210 HP IO-360. :)

Yes, I´m confused as well with the version we have. It could be nice with an expansion with 210hp, more modern gauges and a funky paint. More or less just like the good Bill Lyons version. But I dont need a Classic Swift Floatplane. But dont dont make the expansion now. Wait. This one is very good as it is. A true little gem.
And if you one day make a patch, not that its needed, please give the sound some 10 - 20% more volume. Its a bit quiet as it is and its not the same to turn up volume.
But more than anything, thanks for making us another little lowwing taildragger. I think you guys are the only ones doing that. The Chipmunk is a great fly as well, but not as fun as the Swift.

WND
March 5th, 2015, 13:27
To the guys at Aero Plane Heaven - GREAT JOB !!

Some more pics of our 'hop list' flight this morning..

JimmyRFR
March 5th, 2015, 22:06
Had a bit of fun with the paint kit while at work today. Was surprised when I went to start on this livery and discovered that the registration number was already in this package with a much different paint job! That said, this is a real livery for this reg (N3368K), albeit for a GC-1B. :)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20628&stc=1

ksheadley
March 6th, 2015, 00:18
Downloaded the demo to try it out and I am quite impressed. A fun little plane. And on my short list to get at that price. I love the Chipmunk, but this one is much better. Just need the right music and cruise:untroubled:

JimmyRFR
March 6th, 2015, 07:39
Had a bit of fun with the paint kit while at work today. Was surprised when I went to start on this livery and discovered that the registration number was already in this package with a much different paint job! That said, this is a real livery for this reg (N3368K), albeit for a GC-1B. :)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20628&stc=1

I swear I had a screenshot on this post, no idea what happened to it. I'll have to put it up later, perhaps when I upload the paint.

What's the proper way to show a nice large image in a post?

falcon409
March 6th, 2015, 13:11
. . . . . .What's the proper way to show a nice large image in a post?
If you figure that out let me know. Every time I post nice sized images they're reduced to postage stamps by the time I post.

AussieMan
March 6th, 2015, 14:30
You need to have an account at a site like Photobucket. From there you can add a link in Sim Outhouse and the screenshot will show in full size.

Roger
March 6th, 2015, 14:43
I use Imgbox, you upload the screenshot and choose the BB Code link and paste it into your post...

http://i.imgbox.com/toaZ1gH4

JimmyRFR
March 6th, 2015, 18:18
Thanks for the tips. Imgbox looks like a winner. :)

Anyhow, here's the missing pic:

http://i.imgbox.com/X4e9bYVa.jpg (http://imgbox.com/X4e9bYVa)

JimmyRFR
March 6th, 2015, 21:11
Another r/w livery, this time a bit closer to home for me:

http://i.imgbox.com/yArCXjr1.jpg (http://imgbox.com/yArCXjr1)

bazzar
March 6th, 2015, 21:17
Very nice, I particularly like the second Canadian one. Tres smart!:engel016::very_drunk:

donnybalonny
March 6th, 2015, 23:01
I like the canadian one as well. The blak hood is a good idea on such a shiny and polished AC.

JimmyRFR
March 7th, 2015, 10:18
Thanks! It's such a gem of a little plane, and it has so many interesting real world paint jobs for anyone inclined!

The blak hood is a good idea on such a shiny and polished AC.

The chrome one I did has a black hood too; on the chrome model it's quite easy to have a decent looking flat-ish black. However, this painted version still needs some tweaking. From the outside the black hood looks fine, albeit a little shiny. But from the inside while flying, it looks green. :P

I appreciate the paint kit, and it's quite easy to use, but trying to get the reflections evened out is kind of a pain for an amateur like myself. :)

I'll upload both of them when I'm finished tweaking.

The only problem with researching liveries is seeing all of the neat modifications done to these planes!

heywooood
March 7th, 2015, 17:46
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/IMG_1574_zpskei0uo7o.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/heywooood/media/IMG_1574_zpskei0uo7o.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/IMG_1576_zpsgmm0ucam.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/heywooood/media/IMG_1576_zpsgmm0ucam.jpg.html)

from the airshow at Gillespie Field San Diego a couple of years ago...

and as I was saying before...if you need an idea for your next project, can I suggest an old, familiar friend?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/IMG_1499_zpslklrdtfn.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/heywooood/media/IMG_1499_zpslklrdtfn.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/IMG_1603_zpsawm1herd.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/heywooood/media/IMG_1603_zpsawm1herd.jpg.html)

ryanbatc
March 7th, 2015, 19:24
Here's a few more pics from the demo if you're on the fence.

It's on my to-buy list... but must wait for next month

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/ryanbatc171/globe6.jpg (http://s141.photobucket.com/user/ryanbatc/media/ryanbatc171/globe6.jpg.html)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/ryanbatc171/globe.jpg (http://s141.photobucket.com/user/ryanbatc/media/ryanbatc171/globe.jpg.html)

This one looks real for some reason

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/ryanbatc171/globe4.jpg (http://s141.photobucket.com/user/ryanbatc/media/ryanbatc171/globe4.jpg.html)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/ryanbatc171/globe9.jpg (http://s141.photobucket.com/user/ryanbatc/media/ryanbatc171/globe9.jpg.html)

Rudyjo
March 8th, 2015, 19:45
Just bought it. Is there a way to back up the cockpit view further than what it is?
Using shift plus -, there is still much of the panel that can't be seen unless you pan across it. I would prefer to get the whole panel into view.
It seems that the default view is way too forward to begin with, therefor the shift and - doesn't allow you to back up enough to get the whole panel into view.
Other than that, it's a nice plane at a great price.

bazzar
March 8th, 2015, 19:57
We have used viewpoint adjustment panels in some of our other productions so yes, we can put one into the patch. Then you can position your viewpoint anywhere you like using buttons.

In the meantime you can always use Cntrl/shift/enter or Cntrl/shift/backspace to move laterally and then use Cntrl/enter or Cntrl/Backspace to move forward or back.
Shift/enter and shift/backspace will move your viewpoint up or down.:engel016:

donnybalonny
March 9th, 2015, 05:45
You can also edit the view section of the aircraft file. I agree that the default setting is to much in front and I also find it to be to high, so my view section is like this:
-1.7,-0.9,1.65

But its something very personal. My setting give a poorer view when taking off and a better view for the rest. I normally lift the seat a bit when taking off and hit space once in the air to go to my default setting.

bazzar
March 9th, 2015, 14:33
This is how the viewpoint tool is looking.:engel016:

JimmyRFR
March 9th, 2015, 21:05

Looks great. Can't wait to see what kind of goodies are coming in the update.

I've been a busy beaver with my lowly little Swift. Not content with a few custom paints (which I still haven't finished 100%), I now have wind noise from the landing gear, overspeed stress noises, and flap failures with noise and effect. I started off by trying to tweak engine volume, and kinda got carried away. :)

heywooood
March 9th, 2015, 21:12

looks helpful - I just use the keyboard keys to adjust each plane - like part of the pre-flight seat adjustment but this is nice too...

Your Swift is really a terrific aeroplane - thank you

falcon409
March 10th, 2015, 02:21
This is just my opinion but it seems that adjusting the "eyepoint" setting in the cfg file just once (granted, it may take a few tries to get it just right) is a much easier way of handling this. You do it once and it's done, you don't have to mess with it every time you load the airplane.

Changing the eyepoint in Aircraft config:

First number moves the eyepoint fwd or backward. (higher numbers fwd)

second number moves the eyepoint left or right of center (higher numbers right)

third number moves the eyepoint up or down (higher numbers move up)

It's normally the first and last numbers you adjust most often, usually the pilot is at least centered in the seat so rarely will you have to mess with the middle (second set) numbers.
Note that I use TrackIR which overrides keystroke adjustments in the cockpit, so using those in any cockpit is useless. Also be aware that the first number may be a -negative number so adjusting that requires that you think in reverse when adding or subtracting numbers. (ie; higher numbers will move you further away rather than closer).

donnybalonny
March 10th, 2015, 03:49
Yeah, I agree. Thats what we do with our car, isnt it? I always do it in the AC that I use a lot.
The eyepoint tool looks neat though.

Dimus
March 10th, 2015, 06:14
Although I got this over the weekend, I only managed to fly it yesterday. I also had Bill's version for FS9 so I had to get it. Very nice model and the FDE is challenging for a light taildragger. I have never flown a real one but I find it convincing.

My only gripe would be the engine sound looping that was mentioned in another post. Not much but it gets irritating after a while. I would appreciate if this was addressed soon by AH, otherwise flying this gem would not be so appealing.

binarkansas
March 10th, 2015, 14:46
Here are two shots of my sweet little Swift just out of the paint shop. It is a fictional representation of what the full size Swift of virtual dreams might look like.

Rudyjo
March 10th, 2015, 17:22
Thank you for the information on how to change the numbers in Aircraft Configuration under eyepoint , I changed the first number from -1 to -1.5, works much better now.
For those who have a problem on takeoff, the default setting has the plane 77 lbs. overweight, so be sure to reduce either the payload or fuel before trying to takeoff.

bazzar
March 10th, 2015, 21:48
Patch V1.1 is available today. Existing owners will be notified. The demo has also been updated. There is a change log issued with the patch.:engel016:

donnybalonny
March 11th, 2015, 00:44
That good news Bazzar.

Withe respect of take off, my obeservations are: change fuel to 50%, reduce weight of people to 150 each, change rudder size to 7 ( thanks my friend) in aircraft.cfg, and dont give full throttle untill the Swift is running some 20 mph.

Maury2008
March 11th, 2015, 08:23
Also the download from Fspilotshop was updated?

DaveB
March 11th, 2015, 09:07
Go to your downloads at FSPS and check the 'Last updated' date for this file. If it's newer than when you bought it, it's been updated;)

ATB
DaveB:)

donnybalonny
March 11th, 2015, 09:24
It says 04the march on my account.

DaveB
March 11th, 2015, 09:34
I think that'll be the original mate as this thread is also dated 4th. It takes them a while to update files but how long depends on how much string you have:biggrin-new:

ATB

pilto von pilto
March 11th, 2015, 16:29
I got notified that it is being updated tonight ( US time, apparently the US is a big place so I dont know which timezone that is ) on fspilotshop. Understandable really as they are a wee bit larger than us :biggrin-new: and will have lots of other jobs to do. We only have to update one site and work out how to animate a worm driven gear system...

pilto von pilto
March 11th, 2015, 16:30
I think that'll be the original mate as this thread is also dated 4th. It takes them a while to update files but how long depends on how much string you have:biggrin-new:

ATB

We have an answer to the string question on our FAQ by the way.

:encouragement:

Paul Anderson
March 12th, 2015, 00:35
FSPilotShop now shows update (March 11).

donnybalonny
March 12th, 2015, 06:28
I have installed the update.
But I dont really know what to think:
The autopilot has disappeared. Its just not there, even though the manual clearly writes about it.
I still get no reading from the socalled ILS gauge. If I tune the nav receiver to a ILS, and the ADF receiver to an NDB, I get an ADF reading on the "thick" needle of the NAV1 and ADF gauge and a directional reading to the ILS on the "thin" needle of the NAV1 and ADF gauge. The socalled ILS gauge remains unactive.

I hope someone else will check this and reply to this thread and I hope someone from APH will chime in. And finally I hope that its because I´m to stupid to make it work.

btw, I use P3Dv2.4, I completely uninstalled the Swift before installing the updated version.

Maury2008
March 12th, 2015, 09:53
I also can not understand what they had upgraded.The bugs remain the same.The ILS indicator do not work.The altimeter set indication also isnot working.Set the box to hide the pilot on the configurator that reamain always visible.The manual state that the com and nav radio had a standby frequency, but in the aircraft cfg the standby frequency is set to 0.

donnybalonny
March 12th, 2015, 10:47
Maury (and anyone else)
Do you have the autopilot in the updated version?

therealjambo
March 12th, 2015, 10:56
Maury (and anyone else)
Do you have the autopilot in the updated version?

Hi, yes I have the autopilot, still available to me by the switch to the right of the co-pilot yoke.

Maury2008
March 12th, 2015, 11:46
I also had the autopilot, with that switch

WND
March 12th, 2015, 12:24
The vor indicator favoring the right hand side of the panel is attached to a #2 nav...

#1 vor and the adf are in the pilots side indicator..

Bill

JimmyRFR
March 12th, 2015, 13:07
I also can not understand what they had upgraded.The bugs remain the same.The ILS indicator do not work.The altimeter set indication also isnot working.Set the box to hide the pilot on the configurator that reamain always visible.The manual state that the com and nav radio had a standby frequency, but in the aircraft cfg the standby frequency is set to 0.

To address the standby frequency thing: It's there, regardless of what the aircraft.cfg setting says. Tune a frequency, then click the outer portion of the on/off knob, tune a different frequency, then click the knob again. You'll see that you can flip back and forth between two channels.

- The sound is improved I think? (the old sound never really bothered me)
- The yoke toggling when you hide/show the ap panel is fixed.
- The eyepoint tool is neat.
- The .air file is properly named to state GC-1A... however it's still a bit confusing in that the specs and performance still seem that this is a GC-1B, which is likely a good thing, otherwise no-one would get off the ground.

However,

- The altimeter set indication does not move
- The 'ILS' gauge does not seem to be tied to NAV1.
- The hands on the little clock do not seem to be settable
- The pilot does not seem to be able to be hid, regardless of unchecking the little box on the clipboard.

To be honest, it's all minor stuff really. Still having fun with it. :)

donnybalonny
March 12th, 2015, 15:09
Honestly, what is going on at Aeroplane heaven??? Have they lost it?

I think its ok to put a nonfuncional gauge in a plane and write in the manual that its non funcional. No problem. But making an update that adresses the nonfuncional gauge without fixing it is far out.

Besides, why did my autopilot disappear?????? (A P3D issue that was not tested?)

If I had made this update, I wouldnt be proud of myself. And I think they should find some new beta testers instead of letting us the costumers who payed money for the addon be the beta testers.

I will stop using this plane for a while. All this fiddling with stuff that doesnt work is frustrating and takes away the focus of flying and its a petty, because the plane itself is nice. I will come back and enjoy the little Swift when things have calmed down a bit.

Btw, I made a popup radio window with 2 nav radios in order to test the ILS gauge and it didn´t respond. Everything else, ADF, Radio magnetic gauge, autopilot could be controled from that popup window. But not the ILS gauge.

falcon409
March 12th, 2015, 16:56
. . .Besides, why did my autopilot disappear?????? (A P3D issue that was not tested?)
I believe several people have already told you that the AP is hidden and made to reappear by using the switch on the bottom right of the panel to the right of the co-pilots yoke.

bazzar
March 12th, 2015, 18:04
Donnybolonny, hadn't realised that you are a fellow luthier! Do you specialise or do you make instruments? I restore , mostly archtops.

donnybalonny
March 13th, 2015, 01:02
I build Flamenco guitars and violins. And a harp is on its way:applause:. I dont restore. Where I live, there's absolute no money in that. But I have deep respect for those doing good restore jobs. Its a very complicated job.

Maybe you could restore the ILS gauge of the swift or maybe it would be better to build a new one. :)

I will check out to see if the autopilot shows up. This with the button was a fsx thing in the original release. i use p3d where it was always present.

WND
March 13th, 2015, 02:49
Maybe you could restore the ILS gauge of the swift or maybe it would be better to build a new one. :)

I will check out to see if the autopilot shows up. This with the button was a fsx thing in the original release. i use p3d where it was always present.

WOW people - GIVE IT A REST !!!

Why would you want to make the pilot disappear ?? Someone has to fly the airplane - unless you want to make it a 'drone' !!! You can however move him over to the 'right seat' !!

Why do you want to sit there and play with knobs all day ?? In fact, back in those days, clocks where probably not part of the package !! As far as the altimeter goes, until such time as as AH fixes the knob issue, hit the "B" key on your keyboard to reset the altimeter - works great !!

As far as the autopilot switching panel goes, I like what they did - you can control it with the switch on the lower right hand instrument panel (as many have stated earlier) and it doesn't effect the pilot's yoke like it used to - AND you can still make the pilot's yoke disappear all by it's lonesome !! As far as the 'autopilot' goes, consider yourself lucky you got one - back in those days the 'autopilot' consisted of how well you could 'trim' the airplane (which in the Swift is up behind the pilots head )!!!

AGAIN as I said yesterday, there is NO ILS gauge in the Swift !! There are 2 VOR's 'Heads' .. Nav 1 is connected to the 'vor head' right in front of the pilot, Nav 2 in connected to the 'vor head' favoring the co-pilots side. If AH is at fault for doing (or not doing) anything, it's that they didn't configure the Nav 2 radio in the aircraft config file - which they had a 50 / 50 chance of getting right due to the fact they didn't know what kind of radio people where going to use !! So, with that said, if your using a 'single channel' receiver, go into your radio section of your 'aircraft cfg file' file, and for a 'single channel receiver' - Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0 and for a 'flip flop' radio, Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0
I agree, the #2 'vor head' didn't work on the original release (v1.0) but it works fine now with the update...

Jimmy: If you want a true / true "A" model, go into the aircraft config file - reduce the 'gross' weight down a bit, reduce the baggage weight down to about 40 pounds, and go into your engine section and reduce the 'horsepower' from 125 to 65 - now you'll have a true "A" model (which I believe they only made one of before they 'bumped' it to an 85 hp engine) !! Personally I look at it as having a "B" in an "A" body !!! AH gave us an airplane and elected to go with the most popular engine - which in a lot of cases where 'bumped' up to 145hp without much modification to it - then along came all the highly modified one's which involved a lot more items being modified / changed !!

Personally, I think AH gave us a very nice airplane 'out of the box' - and I'm sure they'll make updates to it along the way based on reasonable 'feedback' !! As we say in the RW, don't fly the airplane beyond it's capabilities OR YOURs !!

Bill

PS: Airplane works fine in FSX, P3D v1.4 AND P3D v2.+

falcon409
March 13th, 2015, 03:18
. . . . .I will check out to see if the autopilot shows up. This with the button was a fsx thing in the original release. i use p3d where it was always present.
Actually it isn't a P3D "thing". . .the original model was setup to show the AP when it loaded and that switch to turn it off and on was there from the beginning. Then with the update, when you initially load the airplane the AP is hidden and by using that switch it will reappear. . .but it was never a glitch or a P3D problem.

ksheadley
March 13th, 2015, 04:03
Finally upgraded from the demo and I'm happy with this plane...It's a plane I can just fly, not worrying about checklists, flows, complicated avionics, just look out the windows and fly. She coordinates nicely, has all the visual references for flying without looking at the gauges lol. It's a great representation of that era aircraft. Nice job AH.

JimmyRFR
March 13th, 2015, 07:34
Why would you want to make the pilot disappear ?? Someone has to fly the airplane - unless you want to make it a 'drone' !!! You can however move him over to the 'right seat' !!

Each to their own, but one of the things I sincerely enjoy is parking my aircraft at the end of a successful flight and taking a leisurely 'walk-around' to admire it. If the model offers it, I always hide the pilot when I do this, since I'm walking around and not sitting there inside the plane. Basically, I'm pretending that I'm 'there'.

Quite silly, I know.

My pointing it out was merely to say that it seems like it's an option that is non-functional. If it's not, that's fine too. I've also stated that the few things I notice are minor and in no way detract from my experience. If the developer chooses to not fix them, then I'll still enjoy the plane just the way it is. If they do fix them, well, then they'll rise even higher in my books than they already are!

While I do believe that there is no reason to nit-pick or complain, especially with a high value / low price, wonderful addition to my hanger, I also believe that if we always choose to keep absolutely quiet about bugs that we might notice then we are simply complementing the emperor on his fine clothes.

Besides, honest praise is the most worthwhile. I feel I've given my share of that; to the point where I felt it was necessary for as many other people as possible to know about the release of this aircraft and have done my best to promote it to the community outside of this particular forum. More people know = more success for the developer = more great aircraft from the developer.

Maury2008
March 13th, 2015, 09:22
[QUOTE=WND;942367]WOW people - GIVE IT A REST !!!

AGAIN as I said yesterday, there is NO ILS gauge in the Swift !! There are 2 VOR's 'Heads' .. Nav 1 is connected to the 'vor head' right in front of the pilot, Nav 2 in connected to the 'vor head' favoring the co-pilots side. If AH is at fault for doing (or not doing) anything, it's that they didn't configure the Nav 2 radio in the aircraft config file - which they had a 50 / 50 chance of getting right due to the fact they didn't know what kind of radio people where going to use !! So, with that said, if your using a 'single channel' receiver, go into your radio section of your 'aircraft cfg file' file, and for a 'single channel receiver' - Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0 and for a 'flip flop' radio, Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0
I agree, the #2 'vor head' didn't work on the original release (v1.0) but it works fine now with the update...

I try that but the radio set only the nav1 .For get the vor 2 indicator to work i had to add a nav 2 radio as a window popup?

donnybalonny
March 13th, 2015, 09:42
The autopilot thing was me not knowing. In the confusion and frustration with the upgrade, I didn´t realise that they had changed the way the autopilot appears or no. I always had autopilot in the original version. I apologize if I sounded to harsh.

Instead of getting all winded up about what kind of gauge is this and that, read the manual and the update. APH calls the gauge an ILS gauge... ok?
They also wrote in the update that this gauge has been fixed. Thats not true and has caused a lot of confusion and even anger. Its not a good way to start business.

As it is now, there´s what I call a radio compas, the one with the 2 needles that requires 1 nav radio and 1 adf radio. And then there´s the ILS/vor gauge requiring another nav radio.

Since there´s only 1 nav. radio, I would have prefered that it was going to a Vor1 and that the ADF was going to a dedicated ADF gauge (without the radio compas needle) It would have been simpler and a better option to this.

As I wrote before, I´m personally taking abreak with this addon. All this fuzz and trying things has taken the energy away from the lovely little plane that the APH Swift is. I will come back to it with a new energy another time and fly something else in the meantime..

And next time APH/Just flight sends out an AC, I will wait and see how things are going before purchasing. I dont like to be a paying beta-tester. But since I like the Swift and the Chipmunk as well, I will always check in and see what APH is doing.

WND
March 13th, 2015, 10:14
I try that but the radio set only the nav1 .For get the vor 2 indicator to work i had to add a nav 2 radio as a window popup?

Sorry Maury - I failed to mention that !! You have to add a Nav2 radio to a 'pop up' then go configure the radio in the aircraft cfg file to co-inside with the type radio your using..

Bill

WND
March 13th, 2015, 10:30
Each to their own, but one of the things I sincerely enjoy is parking my aircraft at the end of a successful flight and taking a leisurely 'walk-around' to admire it. If the model offers it, I always hide the pilot when I do this, since I'm walking around and not sitting there inside the plane. Basically, I'm pretending that I'm 'there'.

Quite silly, I know.

My pointing it out was merely to say that it seems like it's an option that is non-functional. If it's not, that's fine too. I've also stated that the few things I notice are minor and in no way detract from my experience. If the developer chooses to not fix them, then I'll still enjoy the plane just the way it is. If they do fix them, well, then they'll rise even higher in my books than they already are!

While I do believe that there is no reason to nit-pick or complain, especially with a high value / low price, wonderful addition to my hanger, I also believe that if we always choose to keep absolutely quiet about bugs that we might notice then we are simply complementing the emperor on his fine clothes.

Besides, honest praise is the most worthwhile. I feel I've given my share of that; to the point where I felt it was necessary for as many other people as possible to know about the release of this aircraft and have done my best to promote it to the community outside of this particular forum. More people know = more success for the developer = more great aircraft from the developer.

I would have to say I agree with ya Jimmy. I'll do the same thing (after flight walk around) especially if I want to take a picture and if it's capable I'll get rid of the pilots for the picture .. It's just after a while (at least for me) I get tired of the 'nit-pick' and / or 'public bashing' of something after realizing and having a general idea of what it takes to produce something like this..

Unfortunately your comments got caught up in other comments I had just read from another post so I apologize for using yours as an example ..Usually when / if I find stuff with an airplane I like, I quietly PM or E-mail the developer with such issue's and from past experiences it either gets me a good explanation why it was done the way it was done or it gets rectified quicker !!

I guess I handle my 'bug report' a little differently than most !!! lol

If I got a plane or whatever that really upsets me and I've paid for it, I'll ask for a refund or if I got a 'freeware' that I don't like, I'll delete it and move on..

Bill

bazzar
March 13th, 2015, 14:34
OK chaps, we have given the Swift a thorough check again and have found an error for which we must apologise. I think it will settle all disputes and return the Swift to favour for some.
You see, we inadvertently assigned the coding for the "ILS" (let's call it a CDI needle (the one that should swing left or right if off course) to Nav2. , the clock's trip time hands are now settable and among a few other things we have included two new liveries to make up. So that should settle the feathers. We'll be uploading the Patch V1.2 this weekend. :engel016:

Portia911
March 13th, 2015, 14:48
Bazzar, you are to be applauded for your pre and post-sale efforts. :applause:
Great to see AH back in business.

Rudyjo
March 13th, 2015, 18:48
[QUOTE=Portia911;942512]Bazzar, you are to be applauded for your pre and post-sale efforts. :applause:
Great to see AH back in business.[/QUOTE

I agree. I have not yet installed the 1st update, will wait for the 2nd update.

JimmyRFR
March 13th, 2015, 19:50
Bazzar, that's mighty grand of you folks to provide a quick second update.

Meanwhile, I'm currently planning on where I'm going to fly my Swift tonight!

JimmyRFR
March 13th, 2015, 21:57
Playing with the Swift a bit more tonight. :)

Simulating a linkage failure on the left flap, resulting in an asymmetric flap condition...

http://i.imgbox.com/5M4u8gK5.jpg (http://imgbox.com/5M4u8gK5)

donnybalonny
March 14th, 2015, 01:35
Thanks for the update Bazzar.
I will patiently wait for the 1.2
I tested the ILS gauge yesterday with a popup radio and by adding a line in the ac file. It works like Bazzar just described (swinging needle) but the default beep beep sound drives me crazy :santahat:

binarkansas
March 14th, 2015, 07:58
I'd like to personally shout out a big THANK YOU to Aeroplane Heaven for offering the Swift to the flight sim community. I accept that it's not perfect. In spite of its imperfections, I'm having a blast with it. It's a beautiful model of a beautiful aircraft. I enjoy repainting and tinkering with the models. If I don't like the sound, I change it, if I don't like the way it flies, I change it, if I just don't enjoy the model I relegate it to my unused file. For my favorite models, I create a personal paint scheme based on what I'd want the real aircraft to look like if I could afford to own one. I've already done a few for the Swift. Getting the colors I want on this aircraft is a challenge, but then it's still fun.

Taking price into consideration, the quality of this model is extraordinary. Since I've installed the Swift, I have only flown my A2A aircraft twice........and that was only to keep the batteries charged.

And don't forget, It is a model of the GLOBE SWIFT..........good grief, tell me where I can find a better model of one and I'll buy it. It even has an autopilot and navigation radio, something I'll probably never even try to learn. I grew up flying Aeronca Champs, Super Cubs and 150s. To me VFR is the way to fly the Swift. If you really want to practice instrument approaches and stare at a gps every minute, get another model.

Except for the Swift, and the A2A Cherokee and Cessnas, I have ALWAYS altered the performance characteristics some way with changes to the flight tuning, prop, engine,geometry or other cfg settings. I've found flying the Swift, as it comes, is great fun. I've never flown a full size Swift but I would assume the real one is not a good short field aircraft. Based on real world taildragger experience, I would think the take off and landing characteristics of the little AH Swift are a bit easier to deal with than in real life. Yes, on takeoff you have to use almost full right rudder and yes, if you open the throttle up quickly, you even need to be ready to use a stab of differential braking to get it back in line, but I've never flown a full size tailwheel aircraft that this was not true also. Yes, it is not a STOL aircraft, it is a two seat retractable sport tourer with just 125 hp, designed in the early '40's. It is what it is.

To fully appreciate the Swift as a machine, one must learn to love it, warts and all, just as one must for all mechanical creations. For those like myself who have been hoping for a nice FSX Swift, this model is almost a dream come true. Just like the big mac, I'm lovin' it.

Yes, the Swift it is not perfect, but AH seems to be more than willing to produce updates to make it more close to perfect. I have paid twice as much for some flight sim aircraft and not enjoyed them half as much.

Normally I am a lurker on this board, have been for years, never felt like other forum members really wanted to read my thoughts. Sometimes I post a screen shot or two. Usually, I don't openly praise, condemn or bad mouth any one or anything on any forum. But following the thrashing Lionheart took after the release of his Lear, I felt the need to express my thanks publicly concerning the Swift. Please excuse the semi-rant, my intention is to simply give a big THANK YOU and a virtual pat on the back to AH for releasing one of my favorite GA Aircraft.

Thank you Aeroplane Heaven and please keep up the good work and someday, consider doing a Taylorcraft BC-12d.

BB

heywooood
March 14th, 2015, 08:20
great plane - great support - excellent addon to FSX

good on the pilots for making a valid squawk list - and to Bazzar and AH for taking care of the list.

I'm happy -

olderndirt
March 14th, 2015, 08:54
About the AH (perhaps already mentioned). While the horizon part (gyro) functions, the fixed aircraft seems to be missing its little simulated wings (usually white).

bazzar
March 14th, 2015, 14:35
An adjustable "wings" marker has been added to V1.2 and will be in the upload this weekend.:engel016:

bazzar
March 15th, 2015, 00:19
V1.2 is uploading as I write. Same as before, notifications will happen.:engel016:

ksheadley
March 15th, 2015, 00:38
V1.2 is uploading as I write. Same as before, notifications will happen.:engel016:

Thanks for the updates to a mighty fun airplane. Great work

donnybalonny
March 15th, 2015, 00:40

Aahhhh a blue repaint in the package.:applause:

Dimus
March 15th, 2015, 09:20
Bought from FSpilot shop (no alternative in Europe) but were not notified for the first update, although I saw it here.

bazzar
March 15th, 2015, 13:48
They are a little slow at making notifications. We have asked them about improving things.:engel016:

falcon409
March 16th, 2015, 04:02
They are a little slow at making notifications. We have asked them about improving things.:engel016:
I'm wishing I had just purchased through your site now Baz. Just checked and they still haven't updated. For sure all future purchases will be made through your site.

bazzar
March 16th, 2015, 04:32
Like the sound of future purchases ! :ernaehrung004:

Seriously though, I'm sorry about the problems but until we can get a better situation with regard to VAT rulings, we have to channel through Flightsim for our EU customers. However, as you are outside of the EU, you can always buy from our site. And very welcome you are too!:engel016:

thefrog
March 16th, 2015, 10:18
I've been holding off buying this until FS Pilot Shop has the v1.2 update - still waiting! It would be good for us in the EU to have an alternative vendor.

bazzar
March 16th, 2015, 13:54
Currently Pilotshop offers the best deal, simple as that. With relatively low cost products like this one, commissions and admin costs from some store sites can seriously erode any profit, making the whole business questionable. We continue the search and will add vendors if we can find the right conditions. As for update notifications we are looking at the Pilotshop newsletter system to increase awareness of updates. As the World's tax officials close ranks and close doorways, small businesses like ours will inevitably have to struggle hard to survive. But survive we damned well will.:engel016:

donnybalonny
March 19th, 2015, 00:27
If Fspilotshop offers you the best deal, so that you can continue offering products like the Swift, then just stay with them.

Another thing (I'm not being critical ! )

the autopilot heading hold. I have learned that when I switch on the AP, then the heading is automatically switched on, and that I need to turn it on and then off in order to fly with altitude hold and no heading hold.
But, when turning the heading hold on, I dont really understand what happens. It seems to me that its more of a roll hold or something. If I'm hanging a bit in the yoke when there's a crosswing and attach the heading hold, then the ac doesnt hold the heading, but slowly turns.
Anyone else has observed this? Is there something I can do. Its not a problem (no need for a patch:untroubled:) I dont use heading hold very often.

bazzar
March 19th, 2015, 00:49
Technically, the Swift never came with an autopilot. We put one in to make cross country trips more fun for people. What you have in the Swift is the most basic AP you can get. The heading hold is just that. fly the heading you want and flick the AP on with heading hold and the aircraft will stay on that heading. To make adjustments, turn off the AP and re-adjust heading, turn AP back on.

Even early airliners had this style of AP. Like the aircraft, there is no sophistication here.:engel016:

falcon409
March 19th, 2015, 03:34
. . . . . . .the autopilot heading hold. I have learned that when I switch on the AP, then the heading is automatically switched on, and that I need to turn it on and then off in order to fly with altitude hold and no heading hold.
If I start from a cold and dark start, switch on the Avionics (controlled by the avionics circuit breaker next to the ammeter, which actually works in reverse of the way it should. . .out is on. . .in is off and it should be the other way around). Anyway with the Avionics turned on initially the AP switches are all off. I've never seen an instance where turning on the AP switch also activates the heading hold switch. Not once.

But, when turning the heading hold on, I dont really understand what happens. It seems to me that its more of a roll hold or something. If I'm hanging a bit in the yoke when there's a crosswing and attach the heading hold, then the ac doesn't hold the heading, but slowly turns.
As Baz mentioned, this is a rudimentary Autopilot, you fly the heading and altitude you wish for a certain flight, turn on the AP switch (the heading hold and Altitude hold switches do not automatically activate) then turn on the heading hold and altitude hold and the aircraft will fly that altitude and maintain that heading until such time as you decide to change one or the other. The only time I've seen the aircraft slowly turn while I have the AP active is if I forget to turn on the heading hold. . .the aircraft then slowly turns due to engine torque (it's not that exactly but it's the easiest way to explain it). But if the heading hold switch is active, again I have never had the airplane not hold the heading.

. . . .Anyone else has observed this? Is there something I can do. Its not a problem (no need for a patch:untroubled:) I don't use heading hold very often.
No I never have. Maybe practice more using the basic AP until you're comfortable with how it should work.

JimmyRFR
March 19th, 2015, 07:31
My experience is that the heading & altitude hold work as designed.

Incidentally, it's very easy to assign keys or hardware buttons to do the same, regardless of whether it's present in the aircraft itself. I have a few extra buttons on the center of my yoke that I have set to do this; for anything that does not have a custom autopilot that interferes, it works great.

On another note, my custom code module for the Swift now covers flap actuation at higher than recommended speeds causing increased wear leading to asymmetric flap failures, increased yaw when dropping or raising the gear at speeds higher than recommended, locking out the gear and flaps when the hydraulic pump circuit breaker is out, and eventual plug fouling when letting sit idle too long with too rich of mixture. Going to add a few other things, then maybe wrap it up and offer it to anyone interested. :)

ksheadley
March 19th, 2015, 08:10
On another note, my custom code module for the Swift now covers flap actuation at higher than recommended speeds causing increased wear leading to asymmetric flap failures, increased yaw when dropping or raising the gear at speeds higher than recommended, locking out the gear and flaps when the hydraulic pump circuit breaker is out, and eventual plug fouling when letting sit idle too long with too rich of mixture. Going to add a few other things, then maybe wrap it up and offer it to anyone interested. :)

Would be very interested, should make things a bit more interesting or at least keep me honest on my speeds

donnybalonny
March 19th, 2015, 10:43
If I start from a cold and dark start, switch on the Avionics (controlled by the avionics circuit breaker next to the ammeter, which actually works in reverse of the way it should. . .out is on. . .in is off and it should be the other way around). Anyway with the Avionics turned on initially the AP switches are all off. I've never seen an instance where turning on the AP switch also activates the heading hold switch. Not once.

As Baz mentioned, this is a rudimentary Autopilot, you fly the heading and altitude you wish for a certain flight, turn on the AP switch (the heading hold and Altitude hold switches do not automatically activate) then turn on the heading hold and altitude hold and the aircraft will fly that altitude and maintain that heading until such time as you decide to change one or the other. The only time I've seen the aircraft slowly turn while I have the AP active is if I forget to turn on the heading hold. . .the aircraft then slowly turns due to engine torque (it's not that exactly but it's the easiest way to explain it). But if the heading hold switch is active, again I have never had the airplane not hold the heading.

No I never have. Maybe practice more using the basic AP until you're comfortable with how it should work.

First of all, thanks for the answer. Next, I have been in the flightsim world on and of since FS98 and I´ve used tons of autopilots from the most simple ones like this Swifty thing (I dont need more for this bird, ok?) to complicated Autopilots on modern jets etc. I fully understand what the Swifts autopilot is and what it isn´t OK?
My autopilot doesnt work as you write. It works as I desribed a few post above. Meaning, that sometimes, especially in a crosswind , the autopilot heading hold doesnt hold the heading when I turn it on!!!! I already wrote that. It turns slowly with a small bankangle. The heading hold is on, because there´s no response to yoke input. and if I turn the heading hold off again, then there´s response on the yoke. I hope I explained clearly enough what I am experiencing.

Its not a big deal. I dont use the AP very much and I use the heading hold very little. I sometimes fly with altitude hold only. I was just asking to know if anyone else had encountered the "issue" I mentioned. I was not trying to be negative at all and I dont need APH to make a fix for it. I like the Swift and have started flying it a lot again. It is one of my best addons for a very long time.

falcon409
March 19th, 2015, 11:31
Ok, just to satisfy my own curiosity I ran a few tests and this is what I found. I flew the Swift to 2000' and activated the AP switch. . .only the AP switch and attempted to put the aircraft into a shallow turn. It would not turn. I haven't looked at the cfg file but I suspect a type of "wing leveler" function. I disengaged the AP switch, put the aircraft into a moderate left hand turn and again hit the AP switch. . .the airplane immediately pulled back to straight and level flight. I disengaged the AP once more and then turned it back on along with the Altitude hold switch at which time it held the current altitude. Next I attempted to cause a left turn to a new heading and it wouldn't budge. Now I haven't flown any long distances like this so I don't know how accurately it would track that heading once it's level if the heading hold switch is off. At no time while I was attempting to turn and activate the heading hold did it seem to want to continue to roll. . .it would immediately correct and return to straight and level.

So if anyone else can weigh in on this. . .someone preferably who has had the same experience with the heading hold switch (especially exhibiting hold problems while in a crosswind), that would be great. But I have to stay with my previous observation, which is that what you describe has not displayed itself in any of my flights with the Swift which amounts to about 30 hrs right now.

WND
March 19th, 2015, 12:17
My 2 Cents !!

Two things come to mind on this Auto Pilot issue..

1. Since the Swift didn't have an auto pilot, AH elected to put a 'basic' one in for those that fly long distance's.. Therefore the auto pilot 'parameter's ' are probably not very 'tight' !! I'm guessing from your comment that it "will not hold a heading especially in a crosswind", my thought is that you have 'overcome' the heading hold parameter because of the crosswind component and it has dis-engaged itself from the 'heading hold' circuit.. Keep in mind that it's just a 'guess' at this point but if your able to fly using the 'heading hold' without having a crosswind, then that would be an area I would definately look at more closely.. If I'm not mistaken, the airplane itself in the RW had a very low 'crosswind' component..

2. As far as personally experiencing the airplane staying in a turn with the 'heading hold' on, I have never experienced that !! Usually if I'm in a turn, and I turn the 'heading hold' on, it will immediately level off and 'lock' onto the last major degree it passed.. If your flying along without the 'heading hold' on, depending on the difference between the weight of the 2 people in the seats, it WILL make a slight turn towards the heavier weighted side !! AH has design the FDE of this aircraft very well whereby anything larger than about 20 pounds difference will slowly cause the airplane to turn in the heaviest direction !! If I was bored when I was doing my 'cross country's', I would lean one way or the other and make the airplane turn for the fun of it !!!

Anyways, hope this helped some..

Bill

ksheadley
March 19th, 2015, 12:36
Just tried this with a 13 knot crosswind component, gusts to 18 knots, 28J following the radial to TAY at 2200 feet, no issues with the AP holding heading, or altitude. That said, the AP was a bit "loose initially" but settled in short order. Not seeing that issue here.

donnybalonny
March 20th, 2015, 03:30
Thanks for your tests and your anwers. I will test again later on today. But as I said before, its no big issue.

donnybalonny
March 20th, 2015, 05:13
Ok, I tested again and my AP does not work like what you guys say. Could using P3Dv2 have any influence ¿?

*I took the Swift up, in a 8 knots crosswind, stabelized it to a straight and level flight with 23 manifold pressure. default weight, 40% fuel.
*I switched the AP on with the mouse. AP only. The 2 hold switces were not on. (no light and switch down) but both Alt and Hdg hold were on (the ac was not responding to yoke): Alt hold: perfect, Hdg hold: slight turn
*I turned both hold switces on and no change. no response to yoke input, ac slightly turning, Alt hold perfect.
*I turned Both hold switces off and they were both off.
*I flew directly into the wind straight and level and turned both hold switches on: no response to yoke input, ac slightly turning, Alt hold perfect. after a 45 degree turn (with hdg hold on) I swiched of the hdg hold, levelled the ac and tried again with the same result 3 times.

Thats it. Please, understand, that I´m not trying to make a big deal about this. I´m very happy with the AC and will now stop testing and accept what there is. Its been 2 weeks full of confusion and patces and it takes some of my energy away from the AC and thats a petty because its a little gem. I will stop testing and just fly the little charmer.

Weird enough, I didnt have this hdg hold issue in one of the earlier versions. I cant remember which.
Thanks for chiming in and enjoy your Swift.

falcon409
March 20th, 2015, 05:26
Could using P3Dv2 have any influence?
In a word. . .NO! Enjoy your airplane.

donnybalonny
March 20th, 2015, 14:33
I agree. Lets just put it into the box called flightsim issues if its not already full. My car has its issues as well and I dont really care as long as its safe and sound.

N2056
March 20th, 2015, 16:44
Prior to taking on a major commercial project I was well along on a rendition of a GC-1B version of the Swift. Having purchased and flown this plane and having done a lot of research for my model all I can say is this...

What a wonderful plane! :encouragement:

For the level of quality coupled with the selling price this is an incredibly good deal. Not to mention it's one less project on my "to finish" list! :jump:

srgalahad
March 21st, 2015, 15:33
Not to mention it's one less project on my "to finish" list! :jump:

Does that mean I'm off the hook and don't have to spend a weekend photographing the nearby set of Swifts and perhaps talking my way into a ride in one? Dang...

donnybalonny
March 22nd, 2015, 08:50
Just and Autopilot update:
Since I took the decision to stop worrying about the weird manners of my AP, it has turned "straight". It now works just the way it should. I havent changed anything except my attitude towards it.:santahat:
If some of you think I have a couple off loose bolts in the upper appartment, then its ok. I sometimes wonder myself.
Back to swifting. This little gem has totally parked all my other GA AC. I just occasionally fly a jet. But besides that, Swift.

ToniJH
April 1st, 2015, 23:33
I have problems with engine start. If i pull the "Starter" the plane goes crazy and starts fly like crazy. Is there fix for this problem?

bazzar
April 2nd, 2015, 00:34
Are you using the demo or the full package?
Also, some basic things...
Parkbrake on?
Throttle calibrated properly and closed?
Tried a new flight? Sometimes data from a previous flight will transfer over and create problems.:engel016:

ToniJH
April 2nd, 2015, 00:58
Full package, yes all it's like it should be, but still the plane goes insane if i pull the Starter. I guess i have to try make a new flight and then try start engine again.

JimmyRFR
April 2nd, 2015, 07:33
Full package, yes all it's like it should be, but still the plane goes insane if i pull the Starter. I guess i have to try make a new flight and then try start engine again.

I've had this happen a few times on me as well.

Once was when loading a previous flight that was saved with version 1.0 of the Swift; I loaded up the next version of the Swift after the next upgrade, started it, and the world went crazy. :)

The other times have been when testing engine failure code. (Not that anyone else will experience this. Yet.) I had code in place to make the engine run rough and then randomly stall the engine under certain circumstances. On restarting the engine, occasionally the plane would jump into the air and spin like mad... I had it once happen in mid-air... needless to say, I abandoned that area of the code. :)

I do believe, however, that on loading a cold and dark flight created with the current version of the Swift, that I've never had the starter bug pop up. The key part is to not use a cold and dark flight created with another aircraft.

pilto von pilto
April 2nd, 2015, 16:09
Here is what is written in the 2 manuals and checklist.

Start up procedure.
1. turn on the battery.
2. Check your fuel amount and turn the fuel cock to open .
3.Turn avionics on , Tune avionics to necessary channel.
4.Switch the fuel pump on.
5. Increase the mixture.
6. Switch the ignition to both ( if you miss this step you initiate the "craziness" )
7. Crack the throttle to around 25 %
8. Use the starter.

When I tried to replicate the issue by starting things backward, or missing a step, or trying to start with no fuel only missing step 6 above would I get the craziness. It has, as the only person who actually emailed us about the problem correctly surmised, to do with the normalised starter torque setting. Which while correct, will do doo-lally ( technical term that :biggrin-new: ) to your simulator if you dont follow the correct procedure. The bloke who emailed us seemed to use this entry " normalized_starter_torque=0.2 " to fix the doo-lalliness of forgetting step 6. above. Also If you have modified the aircraft.cfg for more power you might need a higher torque value. This may or may not have an affect on other areas of the flight file.
Thanks Bill.:ernaehrung004:

BTW when following the correct sequence after loading a flight with a dassault business jet the oddness was not there. Though i couldnt start the engine as the previous flight had done something odd to the battery. So a reset of a flight is a good idea. A way to do this i have found is .
1. Load the stock cessna.
2. Turn everything completely off.
3. Save the flight.
4. Reset the flight. ( to check )
5. Load the plane you want.
6. Save the flight as " Sensational cold dark cockpit of all things curvaceous and bumpnoxious"

Personally I think the craziness is a figurative rap on the knuckles for not following the correct procedure. :biggrin-new:

Hope this helps.

JimmyRFR
April 2nd, 2015, 20:35
6. Save the flight as " Sensational cold dark cockpit of all things curvaceous and bumpnoxious"

That is truly awesome. I am, from this point forward, going to name every one of my saved flights in that sort of creative fashion. :)

(However, I'll likely run out of 'creativeness' very quickly, and fall back to a cryptic two or three random letters followed by an airport code that tells me nothing about the saved flight.)

ToniJH
April 2nd, 2015, 21:57
Where do i get latest upgrade? I purchased Globe Swift couple weeks ago, i probably have latest installer i guess or did the update came after that?

bazzar
April 3rd, 2015, 01:11
This not a support forum. Please email the help desk. FYI the update was made available on March 17 . If you bought via the FS PiloShop, it was a few days later.:engel016:

ToniJH
April 3rd, 2015, 02:13
Ok, thank you.

pilto von pilto
April 7th, 2015, 15:04
Hey Guys this is mainly for the demo users ( if you are a purchaser from us you'll have received an email. FSpilotshop a little later ) This is what was sent to purchasers. This information is packaged as a pdf with the demo zips available now.

DO NOT USE THE UNINSTALLER FROM THE AH GLOBE SWIFT PACKAGE!

Having replaced the installer type we have now upgraded the package so that new users will not have the problem.

If you an existing owner/user, prior to 7th April 2015, please visit this page for instructions on how to fix the current issue.

http://aeroplaneheaven.com/swift_uninstall.php

OR

Simply navigate to your simulator root folder, find the file Uninstall_AH_Globe_....exe and DELETE it.
Then if you wish to remove the Swift from your computer, simply trash the aircraft folder from the airplanes folder of your sim.
We would, however urge current owners to upgrade to the new package as soon as is convenient. BUT DO THE ABOVE FIRST!

We apologise for the inconvenience and hope you will continue to enjoy the Globe Swift.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21682&stc=1

There are no other fixes but please follow the instructions above or what is in the pdf which is the same info. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21683&stc=1&thumb=1

I need some amber fluid made of organic wheaty hoppy things.

donnybalonny
April 8th, 2015, 00:02
I´ll try another time

donnybalonny
April 8th, 2015, 00:21
First of all, I bought the Swift day one from FSPilotshop and I´ve NEVER received any info about updates, patches or whatever from FSPilotshop or from Aeroplane heaven. And yes, I have checked my spam folder and nothing there. The only thing I get from FSPilotshop is sales material and lots of it

Next: I dont really get this last message from pilto von pilto. I have Swift 1.2 installed in P3D and everything works just fine. Do I need to do anything? Download a new version? I think its version 1.2. Its the one with the working localizer/vor gauge (you call it ILS gauge) and the 2 new liveries. I installed it the day it was available on fspilotshop. (after having to check my account I dont know how many times in order to get it.) Is this version 1.3 important. Is there any changes besides uninstall.exe and if not, will it be enough to just delete the uninstall.exes

And: On my FSPilotshop account, the last update is from 17 march 2015 (version 1.2?). Will there be another one later on?

and finally: Because of the 2 updates within a few days, I uninstalled and installed the swift using the products uninstaller in control panel.. Is there a problem with that. So please explain what will happen if the uninstaller is used. Its enough to say it causes issues when you use words like rigorously and very important in fat characters.

bazzar
April 8th, 2015, 00:39
The best and fastest way to get answers to any problems or queries you may have is to go via our help desk. This is not a support forum for our products and should not be used this way.

This was just a courtesy call for SOH members who have the Swift.

Our help desk is always quick to respond and will always do its upmost to help.

You have made contact before and I have to say you have a very different persona when you contact us that way...

Dimus
April 8th, 2015, 01:58
Well, one valid comment is that for us in Europe that have no choice but FSPilotshop, there is no notification about new releases, other than SOH. Even then, the shop takes too long to apply the new versions.

bazzar
April 8th, 2015, 03:24
We are aware of the situation and are looking at further options.:engel016:

YoYo
April 8th, 2015, 04:42
Well, one valid comment is that for us in Europe that have no choice but FSPilotshop, there is no notification about new releases, other than SOH. Even then, the shop takes too long to apply the new versions.

+1.

Why it isn't in PC Aviator for example?

donnybalonny
April 8th, 2015, 13:22
You have made contact before and I have to say you have a very different persona when you contact us that way...

maybe there´s a reason for that and maybe Aeroplane Heaven has a part in that??? You decide wheather you want to learn or not.

Besides, your own attitude in this quote is saying a lot. But dont worry, I´m going to let go, and you can continue with yours. Enjoy life.

jetstreamsky
April 8th, 2015, 15:29
This uninstall issue, isn't at all clear why it's a problem from the posts or linked help file, does it delete all your effects files by chance, I seem to have lost everything from the effects folder?

Ran the uninistaller yesterday :banghead:

bentwing
April 8th, 2015, 17:28
I think so. I lost all my effects, too. Uninstalled the demo a few days ago, didn't make the connection until now.

falcon409
April 8th, 2015, 18:29
FSPilot Shop has posted the updated V1.3

donnybalonny
April 9th, 2015, 08:55
This uninstall issue, isn't at all clear why it's a problem from the posts or linked help file, does it delete all your effects files by chance, I seem to have lost everything from the effects folder?

Ran the uninistaller yesterday :banghead:

Now this is really bad.
My effects folder is also very thin now and only entries from the last couple of weeks.
And I agree with you that AH should give an explanation about what is going on and why its so important to do what they say we have to do. That was what I tried to say in my post the other day, but instead of an explanation, the only thing i received from Bazzar was to be pointed out as the bad guy and told to contact help disc. Gone were the nice manners.

This problem they should be posting about in each and every little flightsim forum on the net. And I dont care about how ashamed they feel about doing so. Dont forget about all the FSpilotshop costumers not reading this. We dont get any notifications from FSPilotshop.

I was really enthusiastic about this AC but I´m going end up hating it because of all the BS there´s been about it. NEVER AGAIN!!!

falcon409
April 9th, 2015, 09:15
There were two uninstall files in my P3D folder. I deleted both of those then uninstalled through control panel. Nothing in the effects folder was touched. I ran the 1.3 installer and all is well. Not sure why ya'll are losing effects.

JimmyRFR
April 9th, 2015, 10:42
I almost never run the un-installers provided with any FS software. The ability to have things blindly deleted from such a precarious thing as a functioning FSX installation never sits well with me.

If aircraft developers do things by the book, there's very few spots where they will have put any files. Easy to find and delete manually. Gauges and effects folder swell with un-needed stuff a bit, but if you have a pristine backup copy of an FSX install safely tucked away (and every simmer should, imho), it's easy enough to do house cleaning once in awhile.

And... and... anyhow, why would anyone ever uninstall the Swift??? :)

jetstreamsky
April 9th, 2015, 13:35
Well I used the uninstall routine called from the windows uninstall option under the control panel to remove the demo, which I believe simply uses any provided uninstaller before resorting to brute force through windows itself. I think the reason they want you to delete the uninstaller is because it removes effect files for the model, but one level too high i.e the effects folder rather than the effect.

i can't know for the sure without getting a response from AH or by doing a trial, but why they wouldn't make the problem with the installer clear to anyone is bizarre in the first place. I have no axe to grind, mistakes happen and it's very inconvenient, but hardly the end of the world.

of course my issue may not have anything to do with the model, but for now it's the most likely candidate.

bazzar
April 9th, 2015, 13:56
I am not sure why this is escalating the way it is.

We explained that the uninstall feature of the installer we were using had detrimental effects on the root effects folder. Not for everybody thoguh, it would appear.
We told people how to fix it in two ways.
The installer has now been removed and replace with a better software.

Nothing in that affects the way the product behaves, flies or presents itself.

I have never been discourteous, I believe a language difference may be responsible for misinterpretation, I do however, have a problem with people who openly make noise and stamp their feet in public but who are as nice as pie in private mails. I do tire quickly of forums like this turning into these cage fights. It really is a shame.:engel016:

bazzar
April 9th, 2015, 14:00
We are talking about an uninstall routine.

If this is a deal breaker for you I suggest you apply, via mail to where you bought, for a refund of your 19.95.

Happy,as always, to do that.:engel016:

JimmyRFR
April 9th, 2015, 14:09
Bazaar and team: Please don't construe anything I've said to be negative or criticizing in any way. I've commented above on my personal views on installers (I don't use 'em in fsx), but that's a generic thing and has no ill intent towards yourself or any other developer!

I very much adore the Swift, and have had no hesitation in saying so!!!

jetstreamsky
April 9th, 2015, 14:14
Hi Bazzar, the post here about the deleting the uninstaller for the demo and also the help page linked from do not say anything about the deleted effects, it simply says where you might expect to find those standard folders under different OSs and then about ensuring all uninstall routines are deleted.

this was a clue to my issue of missing effects I was trying to troubleshoot at the time, an unfortunate occurrence separated by only 24 hrs from running it and seeing this post.

There is no way to recover them, if the trash can has been cleared, except by deep drive inspection software.

as I said, I have no axe to grind, I only want to establish what happened, I was more worried I was having a drive failure.

we haven't communicated anywhere else about this, so hopefully there's no angst going forward, glad now to know I don't have any hardware issues to resolve.

happy flying

Allan

bazzar
April 9th, 2015, 14:27
Sorry, forgot to add the quote. My comment was meant for donnybalonny. I truly believe there is a culture confusion there. I can do nothing about that I am afraid.:engel016:

bentwing
April 9th, 2015, 17:42
No worries here. Stuff happens. AH has fixed the problem, and I'm sorting my effects folder. The Swift is a great little airplane, so I can't complain about some inconvenience.

donnybalonny
April 10th, 2015, 08:23
I'm sorting my effects folder.

How do you sort your effects folder? Mine has been erased and there´s hardly anything in it.

falcon409
April 10th, 2015, 09:01
Go back to your Sims installation disks and locate the "effects" folder. I've never had to replace an entire effects folder but if nothing else you can at least get back the default effects. Any that were added beyond that, unless you had a backup (which you obviously didn't) are gone.

bentwing
April 10th, 2015, 19:43
Yep, what Falcon409 outlined is all that can be done. My install was pretty add-on heavy, so I took the opportunity to do a fresh install of FSX and reinstall add-ons.

donnybalonny
April 10th, 2015, 23:47
I´m using P3D for the Swift and I have no idea how to recover the folder.

So maybe this means a totally new install of P3D. That sucks major!!!! If Aeroplane Heaven cant understand why some people like me say NEVER AGAIN to their products, then I think they have a serious problem.

Dumonceau
April 10th, 2015, 23:52
You can run the P3D installer again and do a repair of the installation. That isn't exactly a full reïnstall. Don't forget the hotfixes though!

Johan

Dumonceau
April 10th, 2015, 23:56
You can run the P3D installer again and do a repair of the installation. That isn't exactly a full reïnstall. Don't forget the hotfixes though!

EDIT: this is also proof that a "Hangar" (in my book a full copy of the sim in a safe place/disk) is one of the most useful things to have.

Johan

falcon409
April 11th, 2015, 05:50
. . . . .If Aeroplane Heaven cant understand why some people like me say NEVER AGAIN to their products, then I think they have a serious problem
Donny "if" you followed the directions given on how to delete the uninstallers and install the latest version (1.3) then there's no reason your effects files should have been deleted. Also, and I'll only say this once. . .you have been the only one who seems to have had a problem with the airplane from the start to the level of angst and anxiety that you've displayed. Yes others initially noticed the gauge problems, it was spoken of and dropped and AH fixed those. There was a small problem with the AP/gauge links that was a problem and it was fixed and folks went on their way and enjoyed the airplane. However you just continued to bang away at how the AP didn't work like it used to when, in fact the basic operation of the AP had never changed. . .all the while saying how poorly AH was handling the "problems" with the airplane.

Baz may be right, maybe there's a cultural or language problem here that has caused a bit of misinterpretation. This latest fix should have been very simple to handle but if you ran the uninstaller before you were warned about the consequences then I would be a bit upset as well. . . but I'd get over it because I had backups. Your Tirades, at least for me, and hence this little post, have become an irritant. No one is perfect, we all make mistakes and Baz and the AH folks have done a commendable job of handling each and every glitch along the way in an effort to correct minor problems. The Swift is a masterpiece, it has had some growing pains along the way but most releases do. If "Never Again" is the way you feel, then so be it. . .but I don't believe for a second that it's AH that has the serious problem.

heywooood
April 11th, 2015, 06:21
Agree 100% with Falcon - AH has addressed the issues with their Globe Swift product in timely manor. An issue with the uninstaller may have caused a problem for a few customers...especially if among those few were one or two who had not protected themselves with backup FSX orP3D files....

ksheadley
April 11th, 2015, 07:24
I have to agree with the above posts..AH has done an outstanding job on a fun, entertaining, VFR airplane in the Swift. There have been a few issues, but nothing life altering nor anything to panic over. For what this plane is and represents...a fun two place, tail dragger, VFR airplane, it is above and beyond what was expected, especially at the price point offered. Three updates in short order, in my book is great customer service.

FSX/P3D re installs are a pain, but not the end of the world.

donnybalonny
April 11th, 2015, 08:40
Its good to see your forgiving attitudes and I mean it. I´m not being sarcastic, ironic or anything else.
Since I dont want to be everyones irritation, I just leave.:wavey:

donnybalonny
April 14th, 2015, 08:03
Ohh, I forgot to mention:

The reason i got my effects folder wiped out was that I uninstalled and reinstall version 1.2 of the Swift because I had problems with the Autopilot. The problems didn´t stop because of that. The only thing that changed was that my P3D/effects folder got wiped out.
Remember that the main effects folder is not only for the FS effects. All other addon effects are installed there, so in order to repair I will have to reinstall everything.
I know that you find this to be irritating, but please put yourself in my situation before judging.

bazzar
April 15th, 2015, 16:30
We do understand your irritation mate, really, we do. There was no "fault" the product, just the installer which was not technically ours but nevertheless we used it and that is our error for which we have apologised and supplied replacement software (and offered a full refund- should you wish to go that way). We simply cannot do any more. If we could undo what has been done we would my friend. Believe me.:engel016:

donnybalonny
April 15th, 2015, 22:56
Bazzar, I believe you. Ok.
You guys should look a bit on this release, because there are things you should try to do better in the future. I´m not talking about the AC, because as I have mentioned many times, I find it to be very nice. But beta testing could have been better.. Enough of that.

I use the word irritation, not so much to describe my feelings, but to describe what fellow forum members have openly written: that my swift problems were irritating. To this I can only say, that its about as low level as it can get to badmouth people with problems when you dont have any yourself and therefore dont know what you are talking about. If you dont find it interesting or relevant, just dont write anything.

I´m glad to know that some havent had any problems with the Swift, but it doesnt mean that others are in the same situation. And if thats irritating then maybe the problem is something completely different and has nothing to do with me, the Swift, this forum, but the irritated persons themselves.

The attitude of these irritated persons only does that important things like how to avoid having your effects folder wiped out by a payware addon cannot be discussed in a way that may bring some kind of help to the persons with trouble. I once thought that forums were for that use, but I have learnt that they are mostly for badmouthing other persons and polishing egos.

I have also learnt that what I have just written is a total waste of time because very few, if any, cares, so I stop now. Fortunately I have other and more interesting things to do.

bazzar
April 15th, 2015, 23:11
Well I guess, if nothing else, it shows clearly why it is always best to contact a manufacture via their help desk. That is what it is there for, and the only people likely to get irritated then would be us! Not that we are or ever were.

These forums are for discussions about products and flightsim in general. They are not support forums and never should be.:engel016:

donnybalonny
April 16th, 2015, 00:13
Bazzar.
I disagree.
The problem with your installer was mentioned by you guys on this very forum. If I hadn´t read this very thread I wouldn´t have known why my flightsim effects folder was empty.

Those of us who bought the Swift on fspilotshop were never told and there may be many of these costumers out there with a empty effects folder or that may have one in the future. You should make sure these costumers are told!!! If not, they may get angry at you guys. You said you couldnt do more than you have already done but thats not true. You could make sure that ALL Swift costumers are told.

The other thing is that you guys suddenly wrote (on a small flightsim forum) that there were problems with your uninstaller and that action should be made. YOU NEVER WROTE WHAT COULD HAPPEN if action was not made. Thats not really very responsable.
releasing an addon that wipes out a general flightsim folder used by all your addons is a not a bug. Its a LOT worse. And dont blame the guys who made the installer/uninstaller, its your responsability as a publisher that you chosed to use it.

And finally, dont write about culture differences when the problem clearly has nothing to do with culture but with a piece software that you made and sold. Dont point out your costumers on a public forum and use that as an excuse for the mess you have created. You wont get anything possitive out of that in the long run.

Right now, my Swift is in the back of the hangar. I havent deleted the uninstaller, I havent used it, I have just withdrawn its flying license because I´m mad at it. The little bugger is grounded.

Roger
April 16th, 2015, 04:04
Reluctantly it is time to close this thread.