PDA

View Full Version : FSX.SE fails to load..

Daveroo
March 3rd, 2015, 18:36
i installed alot of things the past week,and all was fine,then today i installed FTX/Orbx the rocky mt stuff..central and north?..tahoe airport.....so i went to load the sim..started steam..all ok..started FSX,the splash screen came up,and a "loading scenery index" and then it just disappears....what to do?..i dont want to start all over...help??

StormILM
March 3rd, 2015, 18:44
Dave, I don't have FSK/SE yet but I've heard a number of addons have issues Steam updates itself. I am wondering if that may be the source of your issue?

Daveroo
March 3rd, 2015, 19:20
hmmm..maybe so....thanks...but what now?

Navy Chief
March 3rd, 2015, 19:29
Dave, I would go on the Orbx forums and look for a solution. Orbx seems to be quite proactive in making their addons Steam compatible. If you don't see an answer posted, I would bet someone would reply to your questions about it. Pete

Daveroo
March 4th, 2015, 06:40
thanks pete,i have problems over there..those forums are so..well confusing to me..i know things here..but im a virgin there..eeeeeeeeee

still looking for that elusive steering wheel

Dumonceau
March 4th, 2015, 06:44
Dave, you need to install the ORBX libraries, the ones specifically for steam.

You can find them here: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

The one before last are the ones you're looking for!

Johan

Daveroo
March 5th, 2015, 09:53
i had thought i had that installed Dave...but i dont remember seeing the "steam" part of it...ive removed everything again,and im going to reload FSX.SE new again..but im having trouble getting my PC clean of FSX and FSX.se stuff....slowly but surely im getting it though...

i have another question,,,,,when i begin to load my orbx stuff....should i put in the libraries FIRST,,then global,vector,norcal,pacificnorthwest,central rockies,and northern rockies..then the airports?...its how i would like to do it...and im going to load..reboot.and then load fsx.se and be sure it works...BUT do i need to reboot?..