PDA

View Full Version : Is there a problem with Uploading to the Library?

Cazzie
March 3rd, 2015, 12:57
I have a new skin for the Vertigo SPAD VII for FSX/P3D and have tried since yesterday evening to Upload to SOH. I get an Upload error every time, stating that the file exceeds the limits of a file of this type? The zip is only 7.8 MB!

Caz

trucker17
March 3rd, 2015, 13:14
On average the size of the file has to be smaller then what size you are trying to upload.....
I have had this problem as well with some of the paints i had done, I post here and upload the larger files to LOF (Lock On Files).

Cazzie
March 3rd, 2015, 13:44
On average the size of the file has to be smaller then what size you are trying to upload.....
I have had this problem as well with some of the paints i had done, I post here and upload the larger files to LOF (Lock On Files).

Says 510.22 Mbytes is the limit trucker, my meager zip is only 7.8 Mbytes? May upload to my Google Drive and post link.

Dangerousdave26
March 3rd, 2015, 13:44
The error message is misleading.

The problem will be the size of your image file you are trying to upload.

Scale the image smaller in size and it will upload.

by smaller I mean x and y pixel dimensions

Rami
March 3rd, 2015, 15:14
Cazzie,

Sorry. I have been battling a severe cold and have been virtually useless the last 24 hours or so. At any rate, try uploading the package without the picture, and I can raid this thread and make the edit manually.

If this fails, we'll have to do some troubleshooting.

Cazzie
March 4th, 2015, 07:58
The error message is misleading.

The problem will be the size of your image file you are trying to upload.

Scale the image smaller in size and it will upload.

by smaller I mean x and y pixel dimensions

Thanks Dave, will do, you're right, that is probably the issue, I think I left them in my default screen dimensions.

Caz

Edit: that did it Dave, went up fine, image was too large.