PDA

View Full Version : Blown away..

warchild
February 28th, 2015, 17:59
This was SUPPOSED to be me going "Hey. looky what I did".. It was supposed to be that.. Ive been working on this livery of a late 1960s JAL 727-100 for about a day now and was getting really proud of what ive accomplished. Then X-Plane started up. Ive never seen anything like this in FSX or P3D, and these pictures are flat and featureless compared to how it looked in sim and the original pics i took before uploading them.. I'm still stunned..
I'm using the skymaxx plugin here so that may have helped along with the free HD World mesh. I hope its more than just you and I that see it Ted.. But frankly, if not, its their loss. Enjoy..

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20347&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20348&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20349&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20351&stc=1

txnetcop
March 1st, 2015, 09:31
WOW that is OUTSTANDING!!!
Ted

TuFun
March 1st, 2015, 10:50
That is impressive! :encouragement: Any WW2 war birds from you two?

txnetcop
March 1st, 2015, 11:18
Munda scenery for X-Plane 10.3

TuFun
March 1st, 2015, 14:17
Oh!!! Looks very good! :adoration: I was looking at the B-25 and DC3 which look impressive too. I think I will be living in Jan's C-47 most of the time! :biggrin-new:
I do enjoy the other sim here. Avsim has big following there and lots of pics. When I do an upgraded to my computer, I will have to look at X-plane.
As it is now mostly fool around painting/sounds sets.

txnetcop
March 1st, 2015, 14:24
Oh!!! Looks very good! :adoration: I was looking at the B-25 and DC3 which look impressive too. I think I will be living in Jan's C-47 most of the time! :biggrin-new:
I do enjoy the other sim here. Avsim has big following there and lots of pics. When I do an upgraded to my computer, I will have to look at X-plane.

It is the only true 64 bit simulator around right now, but I confess I fly FSX just as much on my antique.:O)

warchild
March 1st, 2015, 17:14
I like the challenge.. I've always liked the challenge. It didnt matter what sim it was.. mostly though, i wanted to fly a real aircraft so badly that i learned how to make them fly and became a flight dynamics person. I couldnt stand the way FS9/fsx aircraft behaved. So i learned how too make them behave. What resulted was possibly the greatest shift of consciousness i have ever witnessed as dynamicist after dynamicist moved in the same direction with me and now FSX has some incredibly realistic flight models. It also still has some incredibly bad ones, but ya gotta admit, planes like the 737ngx, and larry and daves navion go a very long way towards making up for the bad ones.. I mention those two because those were pretty much the last two aircraft released before i left this community. I own some of PMDGs other stuff like their MD11. Its crap.. Sorry, but it is.. It flies ridiculessly and anyone who thinks otherwise i would bet have never been behind a real yoke.. FSX breaks the laws of physics all over the place when the dynamicist doesnt follow the laws of physics themselves. And thats the problem with FSX. It doesnt have any reality unless the dynamicist knows how to make it real. So I left the FSX community. Its not the only reason I left but its one of them.

X-Plane has at its heart everything that makes up whats called the blade element theory. I dont know a lot about it because I swore off calculus when i stopped making flight models, but i know its used by a lot of companies during the design phase of their real aircraft. I'm not saying X-plane doesnt have its problems.. It certainly does, and some of those are with poor flight models, or at least the poart that isnt controlled by the sim itself.. Take my MU-2 for instance.. It uses spoilers like the P-61 instead of ailerons and the horizontal stabilizer is designed upside down.. The model had the spoilers right, but the horizontal stabiliuzer was wrong and it lead too an inaccurate representation. I corrected it and now the MU-2 will happily kill you if you fly it wrong, just like the real one.. It also was delivering two horsepower more than the real aircraft as well so i corrected that too.. Oh well..
The great thing I like about X-Plane is the aircraft.. I'm sorry, I like weird aircraft.. I love my Late' I'm gonna paint it brown so i can have chocolate Late'.. I love the Kalinen. Its ridicules but flies like a dream.. I Love that i have to run through the checklists and set the crj up exactly the same way i would in real life.. and I love the unexpected lift that happens with risers coming off the sides of mountains and the ability to do soaring, without extra addons.. X-Plane is so much like FSX in so many ways, and yet it goes so far beyond FSX in so many ways. I never thought i'd come back too simming, but i'm actually having fun with it now..
Pam

warchild
March 1st, 2015, 17:18

TuFun, what you do is incredible.. I love your paints.. I love looking at the pics people make of them.. You do really nice work.. No lie..

warchild
March 1st, 2015, 17:26
That is impressive! :encouragement: Any WW2 war birds from you two?

I'm avoiding warplanes any more.. I just cant go back too them.. Mostly now i fly regionals like the saab or crj's or even the 727-100 above.. Its too easy for me to shred most warbirds and I dont want to go there any more.. .. However i would love it if some really kind person were to model Matsuyama castle and the zen gardens for x-plane ::lol::

TuFun
March 1st, 2015, 18:09
I use to be into Combat sims, COD and ROF are the only two have left on board. Just the fact they a beautiful rendered sims. As for FSX or P3Dv2, I fly the civies. I think I've done one military paint for German twin bird for FS9. I like to focus on the Daks, Howards, Stearmans and one CS Boeing 707 just to fly. The Grumman F3F-2 I'm working on is just a unique aircraft. A transition from bi-plane to monoplane (Wildcat). Although the model is the not the proper F3F it has the Gulfhawk paint job, not military. I would love to have a B-25 model that represents the Red Bull aircraft, no guns. The one military aircraft that I must have is the A2A P-40. I love that plane! I love how sounds and flies. It's good thing there are choices now to what ever we fly and enjoy. :adoration:

warchild
March 2nd, 2015, 03:41
I use to be into Combat sims, COD and ROF are the only two have left on board. Just the fact they a beautiful rendered sims. As for FSX or P3Dv2, I fly the civies. I think I've done one military paint for German twin bird for FS9. I like to focus on the Daks, Howards, Stearmans and one CS Boeing 707 just to fly. The Grumman F3F-2 I'm working on is just a unique aircraft. A transition from bi-plane to monoplane (Wildcat). Although the model is the not the proper F3F it has the Gulfhawk paint job, not military. I would love to have a B-25 model that represents the Red Bull aircraft, no guns. The one military aircraft that I must have is the A2A P-40. I love that plane! I love how sounds and flies. It's good thing there are choices now to what ever we fly and enjoy. :adoration:

Well, its payware and I apologize for that. On the positive side, its 25 bucks and you may be able too remove the one machine gun in plane maker which comes with x-plane..
http://store.x-plane.org/North-American-B-25-Mitchell_p_263.html

I wholeheartedly agree about having choices.. I've got the A2A P-40 myself although ive always been biased towards my own flight model for the Iris birds..
I'm currently focusing on the 727 above as well as JRollons CRJ-200 ( https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Jrollon ). The CRJ practically requires a type rating just to start it up in sim as you'll see.. I'm hoping JAL virtual accepts my suggestion to do legacy routes.. Theres a few more 727 liveries from the sixties i want to do.. :)..

warchild
March 2nd, 2015, 03:47
See, the thing is, X-Plane is just so bloody real looking and it comes SO empty scenery wise.. Its litterally begging for scenery devs to get in there and recreate the actual world. its already got trains and traffic and pedestrians in places ( I still havent seen the Shinkansen but i'm watching for it ), it deserves some top knotch modeling for various buildings and structures..

txnetcop
March 2nd, 2015, 04:52
See, the thing is, X-Plane is just so bloody real looking and it comes SO empty scenery wise.. Its litterally begging for scenery devs to get in there and recreate the actual world. its already got trains and traffic and pedestrians in places ( I still havent seen the Shinkansen but i'm watching for it ), it deserves some top knotch modeling for various buildings and structures..

I got into X-Plane at version 7 and was stunned by the flight dynamics compared to FSX and other sims, but the empty world was such a turn off. I only flew it just get a bit realism in my simming and then A2A came out with Accu-Sim and I went back to flying mainly FSX again. I came back when I saw X-Plane 10 and I love it...but it still bitc## to setup. But once you finally get it... it is WOW!
Ted

warchild
March 2nd, 2015, 11:48
Ya know, i'm going on about 23 hours without sleep right now so i'm a little loonier than normal, but i cant help thinking that the user interface is still the big drawback that intimidates people at first.. Perhaps though if we made a tutorial on how to set things up and what each menu contained it would help.. what do you think??

txnetcop
March 2nd, 2015, 13:21
Ya know, i'm going on about 23 hours without sleep right now so i'm a little loonier than normal, but i cant help thinking that the user interface is still the big drawback that intimidates people at first.. Perhaps though if we made a tutorial on how to set things up and what each menu contained it would help.. what do you think??

Let me think on how to simplify the process. The reason it is so complex is because of the different systems that use X-Plane...it accommodates all of them if you just figure how much your system can handle of X-Plane's versatility.

flyinjake
March 23rd, 2015, 04:43
I stopped using FSX before purchasing XP. I became frustrated with the lack of performance in FSX no matter what the settings.

When I first started using XP I would scratch my head mostly becasue I had been brainwashed with the way MSFS was setup over all those years.

Now that I have used XP it seems natural and it makes since. With my older system I am able to have decent performance, not good or great, and know what things need to be turned down or off if I want a certain type of computer performance. FSX was clear on making changes but on my system I would never notice the performance difference when making changes.

I am happy I have made the change to XP and look forward to learning more as I build my simpit.

txnetcop
March 23rd, 2015, 08:23
I stopped using FSX before purchasing XP. I became frustrated with the lack of performance in FSX no matter what the settings.

When I first started using XP I would scratch my head mostly becasue I had been brainwashed with the way MSFS was setup over all those years.

Now that I have used XP it seems natural and it makes since. With my older system I am able to have decent performance, not good or great, and know what things need to be turned down or off if I want a certain type of computer performance. FSX was clear on making changes but on my system I would never notice the performance difference when making changes.

I am happy I have made the change to XP and look forward to learning more as I build my simpit.

I fly both because I have learned to make FSX and X-Plane 10 work really well on my old quad core system. The SSD drive helped a bunch and I still use my old Nvidia GTX 285 OC. I have my system running at 4.2GHz and that also helps with FSX. I have the QX9650 CPU which even today is fairly respectable. I just recently started flying in War Thunder...now that is FUN!

By the way, according to Austin's latest email there are some really exciting things coming up with Global Scenery!