PDA

View Full Version : P3D didn't uninstall

davido53
February 27th, 2015, 11:12
I went to start menu, control panel, programs and selected P3D, then 'uninstall' but nothing changed other than it disappeared from my programs list. The shortcut is still there and the program runs.

Daube
February 27th, 2015, 12:52
Then try with the Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs.

davido53
February 27th, 2015, 14:33
thats what i did

paiken
February 27th, 2015, 17:53
Use the installer for the program, not the add/remove programs in your control panel. Lockheed Martin states this specifically in their forums.

Daube
February 28th, 2015, 01:40
thats what i did

Ah sorry, I didn't read your sentence correctly :dizzy:

davido53
February 28th, 2015, 08:27
I couldn't find it...I wonder if I deleted for some reason.

UKTrafficPilot
March 1st, 2015, 04:52
Use the installer for the program, not the add/remove programs in your control panel. Lockheed Martin states this specifically in their forums.

Ooops. Didn't know this. I uninstalled V2.4 via the control panel un-install panel and all went fine. Install of V2.5 went smoothly.

If it was me I'd email LM with your order info so they can reset your account and then remove the program manually (assuming you haven't found the usual uninstall route).

Adam

falcon409
March 1st, 2015, 05:28
Ooops. Didn't know this. I uninstalled V2.4 via the control panel un-install panel and all went fine. Install of V2.5 went smoothly.

If it was me I'd email LM with your order info so they can reset your account and then remove the program manually (assuming you haven't found the usual uninstall route).

Adam
Same here Adam! I uninstalled using an advanced uninstaller I purchased that uninstalls, then scans for any leftover files and deletes those also. Plus I went directory by directory deleting leftover folders where necessary and then a final scan to be sure everything was gone. Installation of 2.5 went as advertised after that. By the way, I did save all the important files from the folders in question first as well as all freeware aircraft, gauges, effects and so on.