PDA

View Full Version : Will these addons run in P3D 2.5?

malibu43
February 26th, 2015, 09:17
Hi all,

I have a new system on the way and am strongly considering buying and installing P3D instead of FSX. I have a few "favorite" addons that I want to make sure will work in P3D before I go down the road of buying and installing. I have searched for these in google, but I haven't found any clear/up-to-date information. I would like to know if they either 1) install fine on their own, or, 2) install fine with the migration tool. I am OK with either of those options. I don't plan on/really don't want to have a dummy FSX installation that I have to install to and then manually copy from.

Here are the addons:

Captainsim C-130
Aircraft Factory F4U
Aerosoft Bronco X
Golden Age Stearman Model 75
Carenado C185 Bush
Aerosoft Tahiti X
A2A C172
A2A accu-feel

Thanks to anyone who can help!

falcon409
February 26th, 2015, 09:27
If they are "Native FSX" models. . .yes, most likely they will. If you have FSX still loaded on your system you may find that you have a problem using the installer to install to P3D. If your installer will allow you to load to a temp folder, then you can manually move the files over. Otherwise you may need the EMT (Estonia Migration Tool) which already has a thread started on this forum with a link to their page (it's payware, but reasonably priced). If any of those aircraft are FS9 portovers then they will still be flyable in P3D however the VC will probably not be clickable.

DaveWG
February 26th, 2015, 11:21
I've used the first 3, and Accu-feel in P3d without issues. You'll have to add the entry for Accu-feel to the XML.DLL yourself if you don't use the migrator tool (I don't use it, no need if you know your way around FSX / P3d files).
The Accusim C172 is sold under a separate license for P3d, so porting over the FSX version will probably be against their EULA.

malibu43
February 26th, 2015, 11:42
I've used the first 3, and Accu-feel in P3d without issues. You'll have to add the entry for Accu-feel to the XML.DLL yourself if you don't use the migrator tool (I don't use it, no need if you know your way around FSX / P3d files).
The Accusim C172 is sold under a separate license for P3d, so porting over the FSX version will probably be against their EULA.

Interesting. I didn't realize/remember that about the C172.

I'll have to think about this now. That may be a P3D show stopper to be totally honest. It's the most expensive add-on aircraft I've bought. I don't think I want to spend even more to buy it again...

DaveWG
February 26th, 2015, 12:59
When the P3d version was released, they did have a limited time offer to swap licenses, but that has long gone I'm afraid.
May be worth sending them an e-mail or PM, you never know...

malibu43
February 27th, 2015, 08:08
As usual, A2A customer service was great and I have been taken care of.

It looks like I am edging closer to P3D.

Dumonceau
March 1st, 2015, 06:30
The Carenado C185 Bush works as well, but sadly, the C337 does not... :(

Johan

falcon409
March 1st, 2015, 06:58
. . . . .but sadly, the C337 does not... :(
Johan
Are you sure Johan? I had it in V2.4 and although I didn't fly it very often, it seems that it worked fine. I haven't reinstalled any payware into 2.5 yet, so I'll give that a try first just to see.
The Carenado 337HD works perfectly in 2.5 as well.

Dumonceau
March 1st, 2015, 07:12
Are you sure Johan? I had it in V2.4 and although I didn't fly it very often, it seems that it worked fine. I haven't reinstalled any payware into 2.5 yet, so I'll give that a try first just to see.
The Carenado 337HD works perfectly in 2.5 as well.

OOPS! My mistake! Wrong installer! The one that I tried was some glorified FSD portover... The carenado one works a treat!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Falcon! The C337/O-2 is one of my favourites!!

Johan

falcon409
March 1st, 2015, 07:27
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Falcon! The C337/O-2 is one of my favourites!!
Johan
Yep, mine too. Had several O-2's assigned to my base in Nam. They were definitely battle-worn, lol

Dumonceau
March 1st, 2015, 07:58
Yep, mine too. Had several O-2's assigned to my base in Nam. They were definitely battle-worn, lol

Ah, a battle worn era repaint would be brilliant! :D

falcon409
March 1st, 2015, 08:49
Ah, a battle worn era repaint would be brilliant! :D
Indeed it would.