PDA

View Full Version : scenery.cfg

Daveroo
February 26th, 2015, 09:16
i got my issues with the FTX/Orbix products fixed,but when i went to look at them..or something..anyway i realised they are not in my FSX-SE at all..the install path was correct,program files/steam/steam apps/common/FSX without looking .i believe that is correct..

thing is,when i was installing it,when the FTX window came up..i got a message that the scenery.cfg couldnt be found..but i just kept going because it would disappear on its own..the message that is...

i went to look at the files,and my addon scenery file is empty...i looked at the FSX scenery file and it only has the "stock" files in it...

oh what shall i ever do???

btw.if this seems more rambling than normal..my IHSS worker is here..and we keep talking and i keep losing my train of thought.

Daveroo
February 26th, 2015, 09:39
i found all the missing files in a folder titled ORBX,everything seems to be in threre..should i copy and paste the files manually from that folder to the scenery and texture folders?..or move that entire orbx folder to scenery?..

Butcherbird17
February 26th, 2015, 15:56
After you installed the FTX region and before you click on the installer to finish, FTX Central should have opened up. You can then click on "Finish" radio button to close out the installer. Now with FTX Central still opened you need to click on the region you want to use, in your case it will be North America. Now it will write the associated entries into the scenery.cfg. Once its done writing you should have a check mark in the North America icon, now close out FTX Central. Another thing you need to do is make sure you have the latest patch for the region and the latest ORBX libraries installed. Any patch needs to be installed before the libraries, and also make sure North America is checked in FTX Central.
Do Not move any folders or files from the ORBX folder. Once the above is done, start FSX and go into the scenery library and you should see the FTX entries at the top of the list. If you do not see them, try running FTX Central again and if still a no go, I would uninstall everything (FTX/ORBX) and start over.
Hope this helps you out.

Joe