PDA

View Full Version : Really neat nostalgic ATC/airlines video

ryanbatc
February 25th, 2015, 19:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNddSNlPigw

Wasn't sure where to post feel free to move... about 30 min long

StormILM
February 25th, 2015, 20:45
Oh yes! I love that stuff! I remember getting DC-8 and 707 models when I was a kid as well as the original Bacnmann Mini Planes and playing with them for hours on end after seeing old airline ops on tv. Those were the days!

mal998
February 26th, 2015, 06:19
That was excellent! I love to watch vintage films such as this. It reminds me of how much I have always loved aviation and why I still do. Now off to fly my United DC-8 which was one of my favorite models as a kid. Great paint scheme!

expat
February 26th, 2015, 09:22
Funny, yes it hits that golden nostalgia sweet spot in some of us. It was all so shiny, new and changing then. Love the style and format of the film. Men wore hats - with their crew cuts - and thin ties. Reminds me of the many "official" documentary films shown in class in elementary school (US) with the 16mm projector fan blowing loudly in the back like an APU, lol. Takes you back. Great stuff.

expat
February 26th, 2015, 09:48
. . and the two main characters both speak like William Holden . .

ryanbatc
February 26th, 2015, 12:33
Haha... yeah it was a little corny and staged but I liked it! Love anything to do with airplanes!

olderndirt
February 26th, 2015, 16:45
The Federal Aviation AGENCY was a great outfit to work for. When LBJ made us the Federal Aviation ADMINISTRATION under the DOT, the bloom began to fade.