PDA

View Full Version : i need a refresher please

Daveroo
February 25th, 2015, 07:24
i cant remember how to "//' out a plane from the active hanger.do you have to do it to all paints in the .cfg?..or is there a way to do it just once?..leaving the folder in the system,rather than cut/paste to another folder somewhere outside of FSX?

falcon409
February 25th, 2015, 08:01
I'll tell you how I do it, then everyone else can tell you how they do it. in the "Airplanes" folder make a new folder called "HANGAR"...anything you don't plan on flying drag to that folder. When you decide to fly it sometime, cut and paste it back into the active folder. Everything stays within the "Airplanes" folder, no problems.

Daveroo
February 25th, 2015, 08:04
simple enough fine sir...thank you very much...Daver

Dumonceau
February 25th, 2015, 08:12
Here is what I do (for what it's worth):

- I make a copy of the whole sim on a second harddrive that I only use for storage
- the real sim only has the planes that I plan on flying/

The added advantage is that you have a copy of your sim available for when things go really wrong. Other thing: I you hangar your planes within the active sim itself, it will still be read. I think my method caters for shorter loading times.

This is of course just MHO and no criticism towards Falcon was meant in any way!

Johan

DaveWG
February 25th, 2015, 09:23
If you want to leave the aircraft in the SimObject folder, but remove it from the in game list, simple rename the panel folder to panel.stored or something similar.

Daveroo
February 25th, 2015, 09:37
If you want to leave the aircraft in the SimObject folder, but remove it from the in game list, simple rename the panel folder to panel.stored or something similar.

ok Dave this is the one i was trying to remember..thank you...and thanks to you other guys for your suggestions as well.Daver

Lane Street
February 25th, 2015, 10:20
ok Dave this is the one i was trying to remember..thank you...and thanks to you other guys for your suggestions as well.Daver

If you rename a panel folder and another plane is aliased to that panel, you will break that alias.

A better approach is to edit the panel.cfg.

Open in Notepad.

Ctrl+H

Find- panel=

replace with- panel=off

Replace All.

Easily reversible and doesn't break aliases.

cheers,
Lane

Daveroo
February 25th, 2015, 21:06
ok thank you mucho