PDA

View Full Version : Been Away For Awhile, Anything New and Exiting?

strikehawk
February 22nd, 2015, 19:27
Just as it says, I've been gone from here for almost 3 months now, I bet it was real quiet too. Long story short, I have high blood pressure and while I was in hospital for a kidney infection I was given some new BP meds. At the same time I was also taking morphine and a heavy duty muscle relaxer for chronic back pain, common for old Ordnancemen I guess. Long story short, I was not told or didn't pay attention to being told to stop using the BP meds I had at home. Those, combined with the relaxer and the new BP meds dumped my BP and nearly stopped my heart. When I was taken to the ER I was told I was fading fast, had I not gone when I did I would not be writing this now. Thankfully I was taken to the hospital I retired from and they worked very hard to keep me going. Anyways that was the capper to a crappy end of the year/start of the new one. Being sick from two weeks before Xmas, and I know I did post about FSX on Steam but that was it_I think, until the end of last month. With two hospital stays and lots of time away from the PC and FSX along with my other games.

So, now that I am doing lots better, I can't believe how behind I am on things related to FSX. My love is for Helos and Naval Aviation so I would like to know if anything has come out for those two types as well as interesting scenery. I'd be happy with repaints for any of the H-60's since those are what I fly in game more than anything when I do load it up. Also, has anyone used the Steam version of FSX online? I ask because I am planning to by it for both my grandson and myself, he's old enough to understand what I'm saying when I am showing him the sim. He want's me to teach him how to fly on it the right way and not just zoom and boom annoying others.

Anyways, that's all I have to ask and I'll go back to my corner and play with my ordnance.

rvn817j
February 22nd, 2015, 19:43
Glad you are now feeling better shipmate. Navy Chief would be able to update on FSX-SE as he seems to have used it quite a bit over the past couple months. I've been focused on flying the "new" Iris Texan around my small corner of the world (MN). The new Texan is a fine aircraft and comes in a couple Navy favors. Stay well...

Edit - You saw the "Forest Fire" class will be available in FSX AND NAS Lemoore is looking very nice.

Victory103
February 23rd, 2015, 09:29
strikehawk, glad you pulled through from one former sailor to another. Since we share a common interest in any H-60 related, nothing new on the repaints. As Jay mentioned, all Naval Aviation fans should check out the freeware NAS Lemoore scenery from Uchi.

Forgot about the freeware Hawks on Hovercontrol, "Hill Viking" released his MH-60R based on the J. Moore FS9 model. So he has almost all USN/sea going variants, not sure if he is doing the B and F yet.

limjack
February 23rd, 2015, 19:54
Glad your feeling better and on the mend!

Jim

Navy Chief
February 24th, 2015, 14:04
Ahoy Charlie!

Yes, I have been using FSX-Steam a bit, but have NOT tried MP flying with it. Maybe let me know via PM, so we can try? Pete