PDA

View Full Version : Warthog Driver II

WarHorse47
February 17th, 2015, 08:02
I finally got around to updating my IRIS A-10 package to the Warthog Driver II. I really like the new Payload Manager (non-TacPac) and find myself flying it more than ever.

One thing I cannot figure out are the payload weights. When adding payload does the Payload Manager automatically adjust the weights or do they need to be added manually, and if so, what would are those weight values?

I'm also considering getting the VRS TacPack, but am not sure if that can be purchased as a stand alone or if it comes with the VRS Super Hornet. I had some issues with my FS9 Superbug when I changed virus protection programs, so I best do some homework beforehand.

Thanks in advance.

DaveWG
February 17th, 2015, 08:27
TacPack can be purchased separately.
I know when using TacPack the weights are added automatically, but not sure about the non TacPacked Hog.

Smudge
February 17th, 2015, 12:03
WH, when adding payload in the payload manager for non-TP aircraft, no weights are added/removed, it's purely visual changes made. :)

airattackimages
February 17th, 2015, 12:11
Yes, TacPack is standalone. No requirement to buy the Superbug, although not to is insanity ;)

WarHorse47
February 17th, 2015, 15:29
WH, when adding payload in the payload manager for non-TP aircraft, no weights are added/removed, it's purely visual changes made. :)Thanks. That's what I thought but wanted to verify.

With the prior release the weights were incorporated into the station_load entries associated with the different models.

I was wondering if anyone had come up with a loadout sheet that could be used in conjunction with the payload manager?

As for TacPack, I'm still doing my homework. There is an issue with the VRS Superbug and my McAfee virus program that never has been resolved (long story), so I want to make sure there is no issue with TacPack. With so many a/c using TacPack these days it is very tempting.

Victory103
February 18th, 2015, 07:06
WH47,
Agree with airattackimages, there is no reason to fly an unarmed Hawg! If you want I can check the weights of the various stores, but I highly recommend re-looking at TP. Just for fun I set up a TP generated SAM site and see how many SA-2 launchers I can kill with various A-10 weapons until he kills me!

WarHorse47
February 18th, 2015, 08:05
Thanks, Victory.

Seems like there is never enough time in the day to accomplish all I want to do. Taking the wife to the movies and dinner and doing some outside chores while the weather holds does have a higher priority. :biggrin-new:

I'm still looking into TP and compatibility with McAfee. Any info on VRS return policy just in case?

I did spend sometime working on a load out chart using other sources for individual weights. Good enough for government work, but I would be interested in seeing what weights you come up with.

Still need to verify weights for the LAU-68/AA FFAR and MXU-648 baggage pods. Did have time to do a night flight last night and re-familiarize myself with the light controls.

Cheers :very_drunk:

Victory103
February 20th, 2015, 05:33
I'm still looking into TP and compatibility with McAfee. Any info on VRS return policy just in case?

Still need to verify weights for the LAU-68/AA FFAR and MXU-648 baggage pods. Did have time to do a night flight last night and re-familiarize myself with the light controls.

Cheers :very_drunk:

I have never had to use the support feature, but have read good stuff on the forums about returns given VRS is 3 dudes.

I can look at those weights and I assume you want your golf bag in the pod?

WarHorse47
February 20th, 2015, 06:02
I have never had to use the support feature, but have read good stuff on the forums about returns given VRS is 3 dudes.

I can look at those weights and I assume you want your golf bag in the pod?..and a case of PBR. Works for me.. :biggrin-new:

WarHorse47
February 20th, 2015, 11:50
Am I to assume that the cannon does not function in the non-TacPack version?

I get the "gun ready" light, but no round count nor firing so I'm not sure what else needs to done. The manual implies that the cannon should fire, but that might have been with a version prior to TacPack. Either that or I don't have the proper key assigned to fire the cannon?

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks

airattackimages
February 20th, 2015, 14:18
You should be able to override McAfee to do the install I would imagine. :)

There is literally nothing more fun than actually dropping a bomb on a target within FSX. It's amazing what a feat VRS has accomplished.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8643/16401160458_61d1333b41_b.jpg

airattackimages
February 20th, 2015, 14:20
I'm trying to remember and want to say it was CNTRL V. Haven't used a key command for the gun in forever so not sure.

Stickshaker
February 21st, 2015, 03:50
I think it is ctl shf v

WarHorse47
February 21st, 2015, 07:22
Nope. It's neither Ctrl+V or Ctrl+Shift+V or any other keyboard assignment. I seem to recall it was the brake key as assigned to Button 01 on my Combatstick, but that doesn't work either.

BTW - with the Gold edition you are given the option to install to FSX with or without the VRS TackPack. I naturally installed to FSX without VRS TackPack, but the aircraft.cfg indicates this is the TackPack version.

Nobody seems to have the answers, and there is nothing I can find on their forums so I just may have to put this in the hangar until I get around to getting TackPack.

Thanks for all your comments.

Victory103
February 21st, 2015, 07:37
Well if you are getting a "GUN READY" light then the switchology is correct, something else is up. Spent alot of time in the original version (non-TP) with the gun and the saved flight drop bombs way of moving mud, don't remember any issues with the gun.

Looked over the wiki, didn't see much written about the non-TP Hawg Driver II. As far as I know, you have the correct version of the config, as it is the same regardless of TP added or not.

Stores:
LAU-68=10#
FPU-11=380#
Didn't see anything for the baggage pod.

airattackimages
February 21st, 2015, 08:06
If you have the TacPack version of the aircraft like they may have given you, and no TacPack... That would be where my money is as the issue.

The Control V key command was when I had the non TacPack Superbug. With TacPack, the gun is fired via controller trigger. Yet if you don't have TacPack, nothing is going to fire.