PDA

View Full Version : FSX Acceleration Hornet in P3D 2.5 - MFDs & UFCP don't show?

coolguy3
February 14th, 2015, 09:30
Hi - I've posted this in the LM forum as well. I'm trying to get the FA-18 to work completely in v2.5, but the MFDs and UFCP don't show, but the HUD works fine. Dino's T-45C, F-14D, F-35ABC all work. The FA-18 works completely in v2.4. Does anyone know what may be going on/what I may have missed?

Hi – here’s the situation:
1. New PC w/New P3D License – installed P3D 2.5 new/clean in c:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
2. From another system – Copied Fa-18 folder into Airplanes folder
3. Copied fa-18.dll into Gauges folder
4. Checked to make sure I wasn’t missing anything else (effects, textures, sounds, other gauges) from the FSX machine – all looks ok
5. Hornet loads and flies, but does not show the 3 MFDs or the UFCP – does anyone know if it works, or what I may have missed?
Thanks,
Jim

Dumonceau
February 15th, 2015, 23:07
No idea! I've done exactly the same thing, and it works just fine!

coolguy3
February 16th, 2015, 11:34
Good news - Somehow it corrected itself and everything works....I copied the carrier missions and ran the one off of Tokyo yesterday, and it worked! Since then, the Hornet has been fine....weird, but I'll take it! (Also, carrier tracks 2.5, aicarriers, and Javier's Nimitz/Ike all work in v2.5).
Jim

Archi
February 18th, 2015, 08:09
Good news - Somehow it corrected itself and everything works....I copied the carrier missions and ran the one off of Tokyo yesterday, and it worked! Since then, the Hornet has been fine....weird, but I'll take it! (Also, carrier tracks 2.5, aicarriers, and Javier's Nimitz/Ike all work in v2.5).
Jim

Hi!

I had also MFD issues in P3D. In addition to adding the FA-18.dll-file I had to run the SimConnect.msi installer in "Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib" After that worked fine for me.

Unfortunately I have night light issue with Javiers Nimitz as described in this post#17 :( (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?89226-Carrier-lights-and-wake-error-in-P3D-v2-3&p=903339&viewfull=1#post903339)

For some reason the lights are floating in the air and its a bummer for night carrier ops :(

coolguy3
February 22nd, 2015, 17:37
Hi Archi,

Yeah, the night lighting on the Nimitz is messed up as you describe...just tried it at night, and it's a no-go....daytime only :( (Unless someone can come up with a fix for the problem?)
Jim