PDA

View Full Version : A panorama...

Cees Donker
February 14th, 2015, 02:40
...most Dutch pilots will recognize....

Cees

huub vink
February 14th, 2015, 03:41
A long way before the time I served there....... :encouragement: Its a national museum now........ :santahat:

Looks nice Cees!

:applause:

Cees Donker
February 14th, 2015, 04:25
That's right Huub!

Some more screenies......

Cees

Dutcheeseblend
February 14th, 2015, 04:56
Great Cees!

Cees Donker
February 14th, 2015, 10:45
It's a busy airfield....

Dutcheeseblend
February 14th, 2015, 11:31
That typical view... Looks accurate, promising scenery! Looking forward ;)

Ferry_vO
February 17th, 2015, 11:14
Looks like this one is missing, Cees..?:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/NMM/IMG_4572_zpsi2tgohow.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/NMM/IMG_4572_zpsi2tgohow.jpg.html)

Cees Donker
February 17th, 2015, 14:09
Well Ferry, that one is a bit more work, but it will be there in the final version.

:wavey:

Cees

Ferry_vO
February 17th, 2015, 14:51
Cees, when I say it for the first time today I immediatly thought of this thread, and that it would be so much work that I wouldn't blame you if you left it out... Good to see you have started though! :encouragement:

For those who don't know ewhat it is: This is 'building 45', the oldest surviving aviation related building in the Netherlands; construction started in 1910 and with the opening of the new museum at Soesterberg it is now accesible to the general public.

Some pics of the museum here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?92581-New-National-Military-Museum

Cees Donker
February 18th, 2015, 11:52
Well.......

:running:

Cees

huub vink
February 18th, 2015, 12:11
Looks perfect Cees! :encouragement:

The funny thing is that I served two periods at Soesterberg and never saw this building :dizzy:

Cheers,
Huub

Dutcheeseblend
February 18th, 2015, 12:19
Very nice Cees!

Huub, you might have been looking through the thing... :D

Ferry_vO
February 18th, 2015, 12:22
That's maybe because it was remodelled quite a bit over the years, Huub:

Now it's back in the original 1910 configuration.

Ian Warren
February 18th, 2015, 12:51
One hell of a Snazzy control tower :adoration:

Cees Donker
February 19th, 2015, 10:49
I think I'll skip the stairs in the middle of the building!

Cees

Dutcheeseblend
February 19th, 2015, 11:02
I think you've already enough detail on the building now. I don't think the staircase would add a lot.

Looks very good!

gaucho_59
February 19th, 2015, 11:16
You do fantastic work! I'd like so much to be like you when I grow up!

Carlos

Cees Donker
February 19th, 2015, 11:46
You do fantastic work! I'd like so much to be like you when I grow up!

Carlos

Hahaha Carlos! I can say the same about you!

Cees

Cees Donker
February 19th, 2015, 11:49
I think you've already enough detail on the building now. I don't think the staircase would add a lot.

Looks very good!

It's 8000+ vertices! No loss in framerates whatsoever. I think the stairs are inevitable (......must do the stairs, must do the stairs, must do the stairs, must do the stairs, must do the stairs.........):biggrin-new:

Cees

Cees Donker
February 23rd, 2015, 12:18
There's so much detail going into this base! Having a blast! The train will be black in the release......

Cees

Stickshaker
February 23rd, 2015, 12:44
Hello Cees,<o:p></o:p>
Your scenery looks very interesting, but can it co-exist with modern scenery? For example, what happens to my Aerosoft Schiphol if I install yours? Of course I can simply try it, but then the damage may be done…<o:p></o:p>

Dutcheeseblend
February 23rd, 2015, 12:51
Very nice Cees, this is going to be your masterpiece I assume!

I'm also curious about the co-existance with other scenery. NL2k didn't go well, but I think Cees' scenery is more important (for me though).

Ian Warren
February 23rd, 2015, 12:57
Stairs and stairs and and a little TOOT :adoration:

Cees Donker
February 23rd, 2015, 13:10
Stickshaker: My airfields will bring the Netherlands in FSX back to the thirties of the previous century, at least in the vicinity of the airfields. I have built in exclusions to hide all modern airport facilities and polygons. Eindhoven as an example was situated in another location in the thirties as was Schiphol. I'm using a vanilla install, with only my airports as addons. I'm making these airfields for my own amusement. I'm making these public, but it's all at your own risk. Simply removing my airfields will give erase all changes. So i see no risk in trying them.

And Daan: this is my best work so far indeed!

Cees

Cees Donker
March 1st, 2015, 05:07
large hangar some time ago....

mudmoving 1.0

Cees

Cees Donker
March 1st, 2015, 05:08
Mudmoving 2.0!

Cees

nigel richards
March 1st, 2015, 05:22
:encouragement: Awesome watching your projects evolve - great work, Cees :-)

Peg o my heart
March 1st, 2015, 05:59
I would love to go there, it has been one of the must visit aviation related destinations. Someday maybe. As an Indonesian, Im pretty sure I'll find loads of interesting pieces of history :)

Looking forward to seeing this completed, amazing work :)

Stickshaker
March 1st, 2015, 07:12
Stickshaker: My airfields will bring the Netherlands in FSX back to the thirties of the previous century, at least in the vicinity of the airfields. I have built in exclusions to hide all modern airport facilities and polygons. Eindhoven as an example was situated in another location in the thirties as was Schiphol. I'm using a vanilla install, with only my airports as addons. I'm making these airfields for my own amusement. I'm making these public, but it's all at your own risk. Simply removing my airfields will give erase all changes. So i see no risk in trying them.

And Daan: this is my best work so far indeed!

Cees

Thanks, Cees, will give it a try.

Cees Donker
March 3rd, 2015, 05:58
Adapted building from Easy Object Designer. (Thanks Arno!)

Cees Donker
March 3rd, 2015, 05:59
Mudmoving 2.0!
Cees

Edit: did a bit more research this time. The planks were horizonal, not vertical as I had at first. The windows are more like the originals now. Also the back of the hangar is more like the Original.