PDA

View Full Version : USS Arizona before and after Dec7th.

trucker17
February 13th, 2015, 14:43
USS Arizona historical photos, before and after Pearl Harbor.
This was found on another website, posted at A2A.
I thought i would share it here.
May they all rest in peace.:sorrow:

http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.o ... af4fb31ca4 (http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54661&sid=ab6efc452eb4bc40f269d3af4fb31ca4)

gray eagle
February 13th, 2015, 14:51
Thanks for sharing Craig. Very informative pictures both before and after Dec 7 41.

PRB
February 13th, 2015, 15:07
Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing. I have that big Paul Stillwell book on Arizona, and it too has lots of photos of the ship before Dec 7. If you want to get a feel for what a battlewagon of this "generation" was like, you must go to Houston and visit the USS Texas (BB-35) museum. She's almost a sister ship to BB-39. A "must see" if ever there was one.

trucker17
February 13th, 2015, 15:14
Oh i know.....I have been aboard the Texas.....
as well as the Constitution and Constellation.

Ian Warren
February 13th, 2015, 15:29
They are impressive looking ships, It did look more pleasing after the 1931 refit loosing the lattice masts, went from impressive to more aggressive.

Anthin
February 13th, 2015, 18:19
Great pictures.Thank you for putting these up
up to view.

What a tragic end for Her and Her crew.

Anthin.

dc10boy
February 13th, 2015, 21:13
Funny, but ever since I can remember, not a day has gone by that I didn't think of this ship and the men lost aboard her.Even as a very young child under 5 (which I don't understand to this day).She was NOT a sleeping ship.She tried hard to fight back.

trucker17
February 14th, 2015, 08:50
Back when my dad was stationed in the Solomons. Late 60's early 70's. I remember going to see the Arizona, while waiting for the transport to dads base.
Even then, seeing the oil still coming out of her...Seeing that and thinking about the men lost on her was very Sombering......

jojohnson9
February 14th, 2015, 10:17
I just read in this morning's paper that Ensign (12/7/41) Joseph Langdell died Feb 4 at 100 years. He was the last officer from the Arizona and oldest surviving crewmember. He was ashore on Naval Station Pearl Harbor when the Arizona was sunk. Had he been onboard he would probably have been killed since his battle station was in turret 2. The paper indicated that only eight former crewmembers that survived the attack are still alive.

trucker17
February 15th, 2015, 08:32
It's to bad we are at a time when we are losing these people.....
With them gone we loose a part of history....
We can watch movies and documentaries about that day, but the knowledge they take with them is invaluable......