PDA

View Full Version : missions will not show up.

olaf1924
January 27th, 2009, 16:47
I installed Jerms latest mission and now when I go to single missions all of Jerms prior missions do not show up. The missions show up in my mission aircraft swapper and I checked to make sure that the missions are still in the cfs2 mission folder. I have around 100 missions 350 aircraft and 342 ships installed. I need help infindig out what went wrong.:faint:

Rami
January 28th, 2009, 13:42
:bump: Can any of you guys help? :bump:

Pen32Win
January 28th, 2009, 14:09
1st Big Red Flag I see is 350 Aircraft???
2nd Big Red Flag I see is 342 Ships???

Didn't know the sim would even function with these numbers of A/C & Ships installed..... I've run about 150 in the Ships but that's the closest I've been to these kinds of numbers. Yikes!!!

olaf1924
January 28th, 2009, 19:50
I have removed over 125 aircraft and 100 ships , but Jerms missions are still a no show.

Pen32Win
January 28th, 2009, 20:35
Any Error Message?

Need something to go on.....???

Jerm
January 29th, 2009, 06:25
hey
this may or may not help but i had this problem once and i realized each mission has two files that both have to be in missions folder for the mission to appear. that was my problem but i'm not sure it's yours maybe someone else will help ya out.

olaf1924
January 29th, 2009, 08:11
I have no error message. I checked my c drive and they are in the mission folder. I also installed one of usio's missions last night and it showed up just fine. I then deleted all of jerm's missions then installed just his first mission and it will not show up. I then sent jerm's mission #18 to a friend and all of jerm's missions will not show just like my computer.

dvslats
January 29th, 2009, 11:59
Hi ya olaf1924,
Had this problem with some missions from time to time. It had to do with added ships.dp's. Some of the VN ships, especially heavy crusiers, have their unit_family=X incorrect. The heavy cruisers should be unit_family=5 and carriers, unit_family=7. Could be worth checking these out. :iidea:

olaf1924
January 29th, 2009, 14:51
dvslats I tried what you said and still a no go. I deleted all of jerms missions and reinstalled jerms mission #1 and still the same problem. T he problem started when I installed jerm's mission #18

Jagdflieger
January 29th, 2009, 18:34
Olaf,

I can't figure out the problem. It must be something unique to your computer.

I loaded up the mission and after adding a few items to the sim, it showed up fine and I had a nice little furball with the IJN. I'm not as good a pilot as Vraciu though as I only downed three of the Emporer's Eagles.

I did note that you'll need two additional CVLs and an aeroplane not called for in the readme file.

For the D4Y1 Suisei, look here in the library under Thicko.

For the CVL, look for Easykill's Independance Class CVLs here in the library.

EK_43_cvl_23_MS_21
EK_43_cvl_30_MS_21

They are contained in: EK_43_cvl.zip

If you don't find it here, you should be able to find it at: simviation.com or flightsim.com

olaf1924
February 1st, 2009, 08:00
I have jerm's missions back. The problem was a virius that was on my Hard drive. I will now run my virus scan more than once a month.:applause: