PDA

View Full Version : We're back!

bazzar
February 13th, 2015, 00:44
As some of you will be aware, Aeroplane Heaven has been hard at work for some years now, building products for other publishers and developers.
One of the side effects of all this work however, is that our brand has taken a bit of a back seat.

Suffice to say that we have committed one of the worst crimes in the commercial world - that of brand neglect.

So I have decided to ramp up production and re-launch Aeroplane Heaven with a brand-new site and a range of products which we will be selling from the site.
We still have a lot of work on for others but this move allows us to maintain the brand that we have treasured for 15 years.

So please pay us a visit and let us know what you think.

You'll find some interesting info on some of our past crimes and details of the first two productions earmarked for imminent release.
You can also find us on Facebook.

Aeroplane Heaven is back in the skies.

Now where the hell did I leave my goggles....:engel016:

www.aeroplaneheaven.com (http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com)

DaveWG
February 13th, 2015, 01:08
Welcome back:wavey:
You've definitely sold at least one copy of the second "coming soon" model! :encouragement:

roger-wilco-66
February 13th, 2015, 01:08
Phantastic screenshots, Baz.

I'm looking forward for things to come!

A big cheers,
Mark

peterwatkins2
February 13th, 2015, 01:09
Great news! The Swift is not really my bag, although it looks superb - however the Dove - absolutely wonderful news! This will be a priority purchase for me, the repaint possibilities are endless. I sincerely hope we do not get the haranguing from certain quarters that assailed the Chipmunk. Looking forward to this and best wishes for the revamped site - looks great.

cheers, Peter W

StormILM
February 13th, 2015, 01:18
Great news! I'm super excited about the Swift. I first came to know the Swift when I was 10 or 11 years old when my late Grandfather gave me a bunch of old magazines he got while he was an auctioneer. Lots of old aviation and war time magazines from the 40's, one of which was a copy of Flying Magazine November 1945 addition(I still have it but it is in sad shape). On the last page, there was an add for the Swift. From the artwork in that add, I fell in love with the design & never forgot it. Here's a web image of that add:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19511&stc=1

jankees
February 13th, 2015, 01:44
mmm, that engine pic looks great!!

Francois
February 13th, 2015, 02:22
Good job ! We cannot have enough developers building some non-737 and non-Cessna models ! :jump:

TuFun
February 13th, 2015, 02:37
Looking at that radial... any chance of a FSX/P3Dv2 Grumman F3F-2 revival down the road? Still flying the Barrel by the way! :adoration:

YoYo
February 13th, 2015, 02:43
Welcome back AH!
Big jump from FS2004 to P3D :jump:.

zswobbie1
February 13th, 2015, 03:37
:jump::jump::applause::triumphant:

bazzar
February 13th, 2015, 04:00
Looking at that radial... any chance of a FSX/P3Dv2 Grumman F3F-2 revival down the road? Still flying the Barrel by the way! :adoration:

Well, let's put it this way, there are quite a few cowlings waiting for that radial...:engel016:

Roger
February 13th, 2015, 04:07
Great news Baz!

thefrog
February 13th, 2015, 04:24
Best news of the year so far! I've wanted a Dove for a long time and the vc looks amazing. Same for the Swift - I used to enjoy flying Bill Lyons' model many years ago. Can't wait.

DaveSHQ
February 13th, 2015, 04:27
Just need to get your older stuff up on your new site now.

stovall
February 13th, 2015, 05:38
History coming back to life. Great news Baz. Many fond memories of the old days. Learned to paint on the fabulous BF-109E. Wonderful news and must be a sticky.

txnetcop
February 13th, 2015, 05:40
Hey Baz that is awesome! Glad to have you back...and love what I see in the Globe Swift! YEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWW!
Ted

DaveWG
February 13th, 2015, 06:10
Erm, is the Dove missing it's asymmetric tailplane? Hard to tell from some of the shots.

katonic
February 13th, 2015, 06:59
Welcome back Baz! Very, very excited by the prospect of an FSX Swift! And an A model with the original panel no less! I actually got a little shakey just thinking about the prospect! Bravo!

Chris

DaveB
February 13th, 2015, 07:13
Erm, is the Dove missing it's asymmetric tailplane? Hard to tell from some of the shots.

Hmm.. it certainly looks missing in some of the shots.. or more to the point, it seems to be there. Surely not!!:o
ATB
DaveB:)

dhasdell
February 13th, 2015, 08:44
Excellent news. I probably have more from AH/JF than from any other developer.

Dumonceau
February 13th, 2015, 08:49
Excellent news!! I still remember drooling and panting when I first flew your F4U models in FS9 and CFS3!

And I see that that Swift has my name on!! :)

Johan

hairyspin
February 13th, 2015, 10:28
That Dove VC looks terrific Baz, but on the site you admit to hurting over 9,000 polys since 2000: please stop that.

Moses03
February 13th, 2015, 10:31
Great to hear Baz!:encouragement:

Anthin
February 13th, 2015, 10:54
Great news indeed.That Swift looks great.

Anthin.

Ian Warren
February 13th, 2015, 12:58
Baz ... YIPPEE , ya hit the nail on the head with the Devon :encouragement:

T6flyer
February 13th, 2015, 13:41
Looking forward to seeing the Globe Swift. And very pleased to see that the one I have time in (G-AHUN) is included within the package.

Nice to see you back.

Cheers,

Martin

Milton Shupe
February 13th, 2015, 13:43
Awesome news! Welcome back. :wavey:

Love the mix if products on the website. Gonna have to treat myself with a rare purchase. Rare as I usually make no time for pleasure flying.

AussieMan
February 13th, 2015, 14:01
Welcome back Bazz. Looking forward to the Dove. Will look great sitting beside the Heron (which I had the honour of being a beta tester for.). I am still flying a lot of the AH aircraft in P3D V2.4.

With the Heron, DC-3, DC-6, Viscount, DC-8 the soon to be released F-27 and now the Dove one could have a very nice 50s and 60s VA.

DaveB
February 13th, 2015, 14:28
With the Heron, DC-3, DC-6, Viscount, DC-8 the soon to be released F-27 and now the Dove one could have a very nice 50s and 60s VA.

We (CBFS) already have Aussie Man although we don't operate the DC-8;)
ATB
DaveB:)

huub vink
February 13th, 2015, 14:48
That's good news Bazz. You haven't really been away, your own name will make you more recognisable and will give you more freedom in your choices. What in the end is more interesting for us.....

Cheers,
Huub

mikew
February 13th, 2015, 16:05
This is awesome news. I still have most of the old Aeroplane Heaven stuff on a flash drive somewhere! I'm all in for the Globe Swift. I flew the wings off of the Bill Lyons Custom Classics one!

Mike

andersel
February 13th, 2015, 16:21
Some of the best FS news I've heard in a looong time, Baz. I'm looking forward to the new generation of AH. I'll have to figure out how to make more room in my AH hangar...maybe a new "wing", eh? My only request is that you don't forget those of us that still populate the FS9 skies!

LA

Sundog
February 13th, 2015, 17:20
Finally!!! A Swift. I don't think we've had one of those since FS2002. :)

Rallymodeller
February 13th, 2015, 18:12
Well, you'll be getting some of my money for that Dove, I tell you what. I already have the JF/AH DC-6, DC-8 and Viscount, and have been super happy with them.

Javis
February 14th, 2015, 09:26
AHA!! AH !! Exiting news, Barry ! Excellent choice of products to feast AH's comeback and looking superb too! WOW!! :applause: :encouragement:

Cheers and lots of success with AH's second life ! :ernaehrung004:

Jan

fliger747
February 14th, 2015, 11:40
Great news!

Best regards: Tom

b24_witchcraft
February 14th, 2015, 19:28
Great news & welcome back! :applause: Looking forward to the new generation of AH.

mal998
February 15th, 2015, 05:11
Looking forward to tooling around in the beautiful Globe Swift.

A re-work of the Grumman F3F would be most welcome.

And while I'm thinking about pre WWII bi-planes, this one has been sadly neglected. I would love to see the Curtiss SBC-3 Helldiver in the sim(s).

Adrian Petford
February 15th, 2015, 05:34
Brilliant news! Even after all these years, I have more AH aircraft in my sims than any other developer.

As many know I am a huge de Havilliand fan so the prospect of a new Dove to modern standards has me super excited.

P3D really needs your Lancaster too!

Welcome back Baz and the team.

bazzar
February 15th, 2015, 13:01
We are much heartened by all the great comments and support we have received in such a short time since opening the doors, thankyou all.
Please bear with us while we move the furniture around but we will be making regular announcements and updates via the Facebook page.

There are many of our older subjects that we would like to revisit and only time and commitments will be what stops us. I agree on most of the suggestions and some will indeed be happening but I cannot say exactly when.

We have some very exciting possibilities in the wind and a few firm plans currently being activated with builds happening now.

I have already taken on board some constructive comment on the Dove/Devon and changes and additions are already under way.
The Swift is imminent so watch out for a release announcement.

We are discovering the pleasures of dealing with the VAT situation!

Thanks again to you all. :engel016:

fliger747
February 15th, 2015, 19:04
VAT makes me think of the witches scene from MacBeth.. Double Double Toil and trouble...

T

bazzar
February 15th, 2015, 20:38
Yep, don't get me started...

DennyA
February 15th, 2015, 23:05
Where's the "Like" button on this thing?

As a purchaser of many AH planes for FS2004 back in the day, this makes me really happy.

modelr
February 16th, 2015, 08:04
Welcome back, Baz! You definitely will be getting my money on the Swift! I have so much of your AH/JF stuff that needs to come out of the hanger and see the light of day in P3Dv2! Really looking forward to any and all updates. Reloading my credit card now!

Again, welcome back! :applause::applause::running:

TARPSBird
February 17th, 2015, 00:23
I apologize for my late arrival here to add my "welcome back" and best wishes to Baz and the crew at Aeroplane Heaven. As a previous AH customer and fan I look forward to your future releases and any improvements you should decide to make on past products. :encouragement:

Cees Donker
February 17th, 2015, 01:10
Great news Barry! Welcome back!

:wavey:

Cees

bazzar
February 17th, 2015, 22:21
Hi Cees,

Nice to hear from you. Are you keeping well my friend?

bazzar
February 17th, 2015, 22:22
I apologize for my late arrival here to add my "welcome back" and best wishes to Baz and the crew at Aeroplane Heaven. As a previous AH customer and fan I look forward to your future releases and any improvements you should decide to make on past products. :encouragement:

We have plans to revisit quite a few of our past crimes...:engel016:

Ian Warren
February 18th, 2015, 00:12
We have plans to revisit quite a few of our past crimes...:engel016:
Oh boy ... the Lancaster maybe .. now that's a put your shades on material .. Updated for FSX ..Crikey Dicks and Jimmy Jillickers :cool:

Lewis-A2A
February 18th, 2015, 06:29
Looks like you have updated your work environment too, cracking stuff, looks very nice indeedy. Welcome back to FS dev for your brand! :ernaehrung004:

Quicksand
February 19th, 2015, 04:29
Baz, the very first payware aircraft I ever bought was AH's 109... I got a Christmas card that year thanking me for my purchase. I still have the plane and the card. Welcome back and I'm looking forward to the Swift especially. I'm glad you are open for business again.

Cees Donker
February 19th, 2015, 08:14
Hi Cees,

Nice to hear from you. Are you keeping well my friend?

Hi Barry,

Yes I’m fine. I‘m in good health and I’m a grandfather now. Still making music, still working as a teacher, and still making scenery! Having a great time. I’m blessed.

:wavey:

Cees