PDA

View Full Version : Just Flight pick and mix

dhasdell
February 12th, 2015, 04:13
Here's the latest offer from Just Flight (http://www.justflight.com/bundle).

ian elliot
February 12th, 2015, 04:24
Its no good, i've got to get the Lightning, i cant pass it by at that price, not sure about my second choice though, the Eurofighter's to modern for me, Manfreds Connie cant be beaten and i still really like the JBK DC-6, has anyone got the Comet and would they recommend it ?

cheers ian

PS, is the Lightning an update of the old Alphasim model or is it a completely new model ?

RAS_JF
February 12th, 2015, 04:39
It's a completely new model. It has no connection to Alphasim

DaveB
February 12th, 2015, 07:37
Its no good, i've got to get the Lightning, i cant pass it by at that price, not sure about my second choice though, the Eurofighter's to modern for me, Manfreds Connie cant be beaten and i still really like the JBK DC-6, has anyone got the Comet and would they recommend it ?

cheers ian

PS, is the Lightning an update of the old Alphasim model or is it a completely new model ?

I have the Lightning.. and the Eurofighter.. and the Connie, DC6, Comet.. the list goes on:jump: IF (big if) you're a fan of the latest and greatest.. I guess the Aerosoft Lightning would be the way to go. This said.. if you were that way inclined, you'd already have it:biggrin-new: I'm not that way either and for how much I fly the Lightning.. the JF model is just fine. It's still a fair bit of kit given it's age and worth more than the sale price IMHO. The Eurofighter.. well.. I got that in a previous sale. It will happily 'fly on' on closed throttle which is a bit unnerving at times but it looks the part.. except the lights which need changing (as do the Lightnings). I don't fly it often but it's there when I want something different to 'go out' in. Likewise.. the DC6 and Comet. I've actually put some miles on the DC6 though not many. Gary Jones has a great soundset for it. The original is a bit 'all or nothing'. The Comet I've flown twice and only bought it because I wanted a native FSX version. Difficult to recommend it on the strength of that though it's also difficult to not recommend it for the same reason. If you want any of them really.. Ģ6 per model is cheap as chips so any disappointment can be offset;)

ATB
DaveB:)

Dumonceau
February 12th, 2015, 08:14

cheers ian

The JF lightning is IMHO the best Lighning model around! Well worth it!

BTW, I own both the JF and aerosoft models, and the only one that gets flying time on my rig is the JF one!

Johan

kiki
February 12th, 2015, 08:48
I am tempted...:encouragement: DC-6B is calling me:jump:, although I would like to have the Cargo version over the passenger planes. I donīt know how good that is?

DC-8 50-70 sounds interesting. Some of you might have that? 8-10-30 and Comet; maybe not.

But not sure if I would fly those enough to make the deal reasonable - even for that price. On the other hand, I can wait with my money for the Fokker 27....

Naismith
February 12th, 2015, 10:03
DC8's are tempting,

JimmyRFR
February 12th, 2015, 11:46
The JF lightning is IMHO the best Lighning model around! Well worth it!

BTW, I own both the JF and aerosoft models, and the only one that gets flying time on my rig is the JF one!

Johan

I have both as well, but my preference is reversed. But prior to that, I enjoyed the heck out of the JF version, it's pretty decent as well. The great thing about choice though, is that you actually can please everyone!

odourboy
February 12th, 2015, 12:29
DC8's are tempting,

+1. There was some concerns raised early in their release IIRC having to do with some erratic FPS behavior. Am I remembering that correctly? And if so, was the issue caught and resolved?

manfredc3
February 16th, 2015, 09:27
THis morning I purcheased the DC8's. Darned, the downloads are stopping after a a minutes or so, with and "Unknown Network Error". :crushed:

Gues too many simmers are taking advantage of the sale.

manfredc3
February 16th, 2015, 21:50
UPDATE!!!

Wel, I got home about an hour ago, and was able to download both files.

The 50-70 went fine right away, but the 10-40 stopped after downloading 110Mb. Then I re-started the download, and it completed.

I know about the FPS issue, but could not let this sale pass me by. Once the F27 is released AH will be working on a resolution for that, and it looks like the release of the F27 is not that far away. So I'll just wait for the update.

Lookng forward to seeing the DC-8 on the tarmack for a test flight though....YAHOO!!