PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Intl

SeanTK
February 9th, 2015, 14:39
For your awareness, Norfolk Intl (Virginia, USA) was released recently as a payware product. Figured a few here with military connections may be interested, even though it's the civilian airport. I purchased a few days ago and I can say it looks (and performs) great!

Here's the FSDeveloper link, but there is a link to the Simmarket page in that thread. Scroll to the bottom third of the page for recent images, or view at Simmarket.
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/norfolk-international-airport.432019/

Navy Chief
February 9th, 2015, 14:48
That does look nice!

My only experience with Norfolk at all, was flying to NAS Norfolk in a Navy C-9, then taking a bus to the pier to get onboard the USS Independence (CV-62) for two consecutive deployments. Didn't even have the chance to get offbase. Thanks for the post about the scenery though!

NC

TARPSBird
February 9th, 2015, 22:52
SeanTK, thanks for the heads-up. Norfolk International (KORF) is just down the street from my house. I've had the payware Cavusim scenery (no longer available) for a couple years and for just $10 I thought it was pretty decent. However, after comparing the screenshots to Google Earth I may have to treat myself to this new package, it's obvious that an incredible amount of time has been put into it.

Victory103
February 10th, 2015, 05:15
That does look nice!

My only experience with Norfolk at all, was flying to NAS Norfolk in a Navy C-9, then taking a bus to the pier to get onboard the USS Independence (CV-62) for two consecutive deployments. Didn't even have the chance to get offbase. Thanks for the post about the scenery though!

NC

We always had to fly up from sunny NAS Jax to get on our boat. Every single time it was overcast, so gray everywhere. Hope they expand to include nearby NS Norfolk, worth purchasing.

clmooring
February 10th, 2015, 08:34
every time I try to go to simmarket, I am redirected to the cia website..... somethings not right with that.

Montie
February 10th, 2015, 09:01
Strange, its working fine on my end. Try clearing the browsers cache.

StormILM
February 10th, 2015, 10:43
I remember a trip back in the late 90's when myself and a friend flew a C172 IFR from ILM to ORF. The weather enroute was really nasty that day but as we arrived at Norfolk the weather there was VFR. There was a lot of arriving airline traffic and we were assigned a visual approach for runway 32(the short runway) and most of the jetliner traffic was coming in on runway 23. As we were cleared to land, there was an American Airlines 727-200 on final for 23 and the approach end of 32 is pretty short before the runway intersection. From where we were, it looked like a possible conflict and we double checked with the tower ATC just to be sure. He told us to "continue present speed, cleared to land". Still, it was a nervous feeling seeing the merge between us at that 727. The 727 touched down on 23 before we touched down on 32(we landed just past the numbers) and the 727 passed by in front of us on the intersection as we rolled out crossing behind him. It was an interesting/memorable experience at that field!

clmooring
February 10th, 2015, 15:24
Strange, its working fine on my end. Try clearing the browsers cache.

Working for me too; now. But earlier, I had the same result on my lap top, my surface tablet and with my android phone.