PDA

View Full Version : F-4U Corsair Air Show Routine

falcon409
February 9th, 2015, 11:29
A nice video shot from multiple interior cameras. Just past the halfway point they introduce some guy screaming into a mic (I think it's supposed to be music). Why people think that's cool I'll never know. . .I'd much rather just listen to the engine sounds.
<iframe src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=9650a52724a8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

DaveB
February 9th, 2015, 11:43
Could have watched more of that:encouragement:

By the way.. the music was Pink Floyd and the 'guy' screaming was one of the female backing group. Owners of Dark Side of the Moon will be familiar;)

ATB
DaveB:)

DaveWG
February 9th, 2015, 11:50
Nice vid, but I found the changing of camera views every 3 seconds rather annoying after a while.

roger-wilco-66
February 9th, 2015, 12:06
Wonderful video, I bookmarked it. Thanks for posting this!

Cheers,
Mark

Bomber_12th
February 9th, 2015, 14:22
The French warbird pilot in the video is the same guy that put this video together (and has done tons of other similar videos on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/ericgoujon/videos). It's just his personal style, the music and numerous/rapid use of camera views (the same can be said for the shades and the oxygen mask he wears whenever flying these aircraft). His videos do provide some amazing perspectives that are rare/unseen by those not involved in warbird operation.

falcon409
February 9th, 2015, 15:46
lol, I knew there would be replies to my comment on the "screaming", lol. Sorry, just not my style, but I did suffer through it and enjoyed the video. Would have been good to mix some ground level shots during the show as well. All-in-all a really nice perspective from the cockpit. I'll have to check out his other videos, thanks for the link John.

DaveB
February 10th, 2015, 00:09
hahahaha..

I've seen similar footage taken inside a Corsair displaying at Duxford. If I remember right.. the camera fitted Corsair was part of a 2 ship and the other aircraft was also a Corsair. I'll have to see if I can find it. I remember being impressed at how the pilots eyes were glued to the lead aircraft and the amount of faith he had that the lead ship wouldn't fly him into the deck.

ATB
DaveB:)

Lewis-A2A
February 10th, 2015, 02:53
Yes its how to fly formation, total trust and follow the leader. Ca be un-nerving for any passengers in say a T-6 during a routine when all they see if the pilot watching out the windows at a particular aircraft just like the passenger lol :ernaehrung004: