PDA

View Full Version : C47 Shine issues

gray eagle
February 8th, 2015, 10:40
I got a C-47 repaint from one of the skinners here and noticed that the aft section is shiner then the front fuselage area. I have notified the author and am still waiting for a response.
In the meantime, is there anything I can do to rectify the issue? Meaning, fix this plane?

http://i59.tinypic.com/286ttfc.jpg

DaveB
February 8th, 2015, 11:14
That looks like a consequence of a fuse join mate (though I could be wrong). If so.. I doubt there's anything you can do. FSX (and FS9) will read the light from the slightly different angle and display it accordingly if that makes sense. If the fuse was built in a single piece.. you wouldn't see that.

ATB
DaveB:)

stovall
February 8th, 2015, 12:10
I got a C-47 repaint from one of the skinners here and noticed that the aft section is shiner then the front fuselage area. I have notified the author and am still waiting for a response.
In the meantime, is there anything I can do to rectify the issue?

Gray Eagle, this is an issue of a specific texture file with a different alpha channel or some other modification. Only the painter will know what the levels should be to match the file that joins there. All the textures need the same settings to prevent this kind of thing. Should be easily correctable with the painter. Hope this helps.

gray eagle
February 8th, 2015, 12:24
Gray Eagle, this is an issue of a specific texture file with a different alpha channel or some other modification. Only the painter will know what the levels should be to match the file that joins there. All the textures need the same settings to prevent this kind of thing. Should be easily correctable with the painter. Hope this helps.

It helps. This was a repaint by Mako8841, I sent him a pm to see if it could be fixed. I'm standing by for his reply/fix.

Douglas C-47 Skytrain Naval Air Transport Service NATS 50819 Repaint.zip

Thanks.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=187&sort=d&page=2&pp=20

gman5250
February 8th, 2015, 13:27
I encountered the same problems when I developed my paint kit and skins for Manfreds C-47 and C-117 V2 models. The display conflict is in the bump map alpha channels.

I would suggest that painters compose their bump maps using the early methodology which addresses certain FSX shader anomalies.

To compose your bump map, first create your grayscale image to suit your artistic requirements.
Create the bump map using the Nvidia plugin or your preferred technique.

From that point, create a new alpha channel in the bump map file. Copy the red channel into the new channel. Next, fill the red channel with black, invert the green channel (not turn upside down but use Image/Adjustments/Invert or Ctrl+I), then fill the blue channel with white. Your finished bump map should be blue.

Compile your various textures into the aircraft file using the usual methods.

This should resolve the two tone shine issue in Manfreds DAK and Skytrain model(s).

gray eagle
February 8th, 2015, 13:59
I encountered the same problems when I developed my paint kit and skins for Manfreds C-47 and C-117 V2 models. The display conflict is in the bump map alpha channels.

I would suggest that painters compose their bump maps using the early methodology which addresses certain FSX shader anomalies.

To compose your bump map, first create your grayscale image to suit your artistic requirements.
Create to bump map using the Nvidia plug in or your preferred technique.

From that point, create a new alpha channel in the bump map file. Copy the red channel into the new channel. Next, fill the red channel with black, invert the green channel (not turn upside down but use Image/Adjustments/Invert or Ctrl+I), then fill the blue channel with white. Your finished bump map should be blue.

Compile your various textures into the aircraft file using the usual methods.

This should resolve the two tone shine issue in Manfreds DAK and Skytrain model(s).

Clear as mud, thanks for the details but, I think I'll see if mako8480 can fix it and perhaps he'll read this and that may help things.
I would of needed his PSD to make the changes and since he made the skin, he should hopefully have them so as to fix it.
I understand some of what you said. I know just enough to be dangerous.

:adoration:

Meshman
February 8th, 2015, 14:03
In the meantime, is there anything I can do to rectify the issue?

Well Duh! You could fly a different repaint. See how easy solutions can be at times.... :applause:

Sorry, it stopped raining for a little while and I can see some blue skies out yonder. It'll cloud back up in a bit and I'll go back to my normal, sullen and grumpy self! :encouragement:

gray eagle
February 8th, 2015, 14:38
Well Duh! You could fly a different repaint. See how easy solutions can be at times.... :applause:

Sorry, it stopped raining for a little while and I can see some blue skies out yonder. It'll cloud back up in a bit and I'll go back to my normal, sullen and grumpy self! :encouragement:

Cute, and funny too. :biggrin-new:....................

Actually, I was asking if there was anything I could do to fix THIS particular paint. Gman has answered it.
I have notified the person that did the repaint and waiting for a fix. In the mean time, I thought I'd ask here and see if there was a
quick fix for THIS paint. Flying a different repaint doesn't fix this one.

Thanks, your help has been tremendous

gman5250
February 8th, 2015, 15:09
The original painter should be able to make the adjustment without too much headache. I'll follow the thread in the event that I can be helpful.

gray eagle
February 8th, 2015, 15:16
The original painter should be able to make the adjustment without too much headache. I'll follow the thread in the event that I can be helpful.

Thanks Gman, I am waiting for a response (PM) from the painter for this plane. It may be awhile till I hear from him as it doesn't look like he comes here that often except to
post his repaints. Got my fingers crossed.

Appreciate it. :encouragement: