PDA

View Full Version : Just finished backing up files

Wayland
February 8th, 2015, 09:59
I finally completed a complete re-organization of my CFS2 files, including transferring some absolutely ancient stuff stored on CDs to my external hard disc. I was suprised to see that even after eliminating duplicates I had 115 gigabytes of files. A random sampling shows dl dates going back to 2001. I guess I'll have to go back in and see how many are really useful, and how many can be relegated back to CD storage. If I run across anything really interesting I'll let everyone know.

Steve

Devildog73
February 16th, 2015, 12:35
I finally completed a complete re-organization of my CFS2 files, including transferring some absolutely ancient stuff stored on CDs to my external hard disc. I was suprised to see that even after eliminating duplicates I had 115 gigabytes of files. A random sampling shows dl dates going back to 2001. I guess I'll have to go back in and see how many are really useful, and how many can be relegated back to CD storage. If I run across anything really interesting I'll let everyone know.

Steve
Thanks Steve......

For reminding me I need to do something similar.........

So much to do, so little time........oh, I'm retired and just a college student again.

Now THAT changes things!

Wayland
February 16th, 2015, 13:24
Hi DD,

I got a 2TB external hard drive for Christmas, and thought now is the perfect time to Do a BIG sort and backup. I had no idea I had that many CFS2 files stuck away in various places. I now have my CFS2 addon files in 2 external hdd, my desktop, and my laptop. If I lose them all, it will be because of an EMP event, or something equally catastrophic.

I Know what you mean about time, I pulled the pin on the 2nd of Feb., and I too am now unemployed, errrr.... retired.

Steve