PDA

View Full Version : VRS TacPack update

ZsoltB
February 7th, 2015, 12:37
TacPack v1.4.2.0

http://forums.vrsimulations.com/downloads/FSX/TP/1420FULL/VRS_TACPACK_1.4.2.0_FSX.exe

YoYo
February 7th, 2015, 13:08
Just for info:

- changes: http://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/TacPack_Documentation#v1.4_Point_History

NOTE: 1.4.2.0 only supports the current FSX:SE version (10.0.62608.0). 1.4.2.0 will not work on any future FSX:SE updates pushed out by Dovetail. Unfortunately, there's no way around this, and no way to prevent FSX:SE updates. VRS will work to quickly release updated installers when new versions of FSX:SE are pushed out, but it may take a few days.

"Version 1.4.2.0 is ready for public testing.

STEAM EDITION SUPPORT
This version adds support for FSX Steam Edition (FSX:SE). Note that it will not install to FSX:SE if there is a Microsoft FSX (MS-FSX) installation on the system. (VRS does not yet recommend migration to FSX:SE for those that have working copies of MS-FSX) FSX:SE is only supported if it is the only version of FSX installed on the system. (NOTE: P3D is effectively independent, so its presence or absence on a system has no effect on the VRS FSX installer behavior)

1.4.2.0 only supports the current FSX:SE version. (10.0.62608.0) 1.4.2.0 will not work on any future FSX:SE updates pushed out by Dovetail. Unfortunately, there's no way around this, and no way to prevent FSX:SE updates. VRS will work to quickly release updated installers when new versions of FSX:SE are pushed out, but it may take a few days.

ACM/TPM Name Changes
The executable names for the ACM and TPM have changed. This means that if you've manually created shortcuts for them (perhaps by pinning them to your taskbar or start menu) the old shortcuts will no longer work. You'll need to remove the old shortcuts, then re-pin the new shortcuts.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
You MUST first install the TacPack and only then can you install the Superbug
Installation will blow away anything in the Aircraft folder, including, but not limited to:
Custom liveries: Export your custom liveries BEFORE installing, and re-import (via ACM) afterwards
All preferences: If you have a multi-axis throttle , you will need to reselect that option via the
ACM-->Preferences-->Controllers
Custom MU files: Save any custom MU files in a safe location before installing."

stovall
February 7th, 2015, 14:27
Thanks for the heads up Zolt. Both the VRS TacPac and VRS FA-18 update are available. Off to get both.

ZsoltB
February 7th, 2015, 20:58
As I understand it, it only SE users supports? :banghead:

I delete it, and I put back the previous version

Zsolt

DaveWG
February 7th, 2015, 23:35
No, it's for both Steam & MS FSX versions.

Naruto-kun
February 8th, 2015, 00:28
It means that for FSX:SE compatibility, only the current version of FSX:SE will be supported. When Dovetail pushes out a new version it will brake it.

res non verba
February 8th, 2015, 01:52
I'm still troubleshooting but the tanker, drone, etc, menus don't show any more... with this update.

res non verba
February 8th, 2015, 02:19
my mistake, i don't uninstall previous version by control panel and as the ini file in modules folder changed names with this version they became duplicate. Uninstalled and installed again and now is working.

:ernaehrung004:

dhazelgrove
February 8th, 2015, 02:20
The changes in the new test version:

[NEW] Initial support for FSX:Steam Edition (but only when NOT installed alongside "normal" FSX)
[NEW] Massively reworked licensing backend to support P3D Academic
[FIXED] Issue in MP where TacPack would overwhelm SimConnect request slots
[FIXED] TacPack AircraftGun's ignore offset specified in tacpack.ini
[FIXED] Minor carrier heading report bug
[FIXED] Missing TacPack SA-2 (missile-only) texture
[FIXED] Missing fx_VRS_flare.bmp in TacPack-only install
[NEW] Added superb KC-135 Tanker (spawnable via TacPack in-game AI menu) in U.S. and French liveries courtesy of our friends at Metal2Mesh.

Dave

YoYo
February 8th, 2015, 02:23
Did someone install it?

It retains the old settings (carriers, tankers from TP menu in FSX)?

res non verba
February 8th, 2015, 04:02
Did someone install it?

It retains the old settings (carriers, tankers from TP menu in FSX)?

The TP menu in FSX is the same, but with installation the tacpack Manager (TPM) resets to default values, you have to config your preferences again.

YoYo
February 8th, 2015, 05:50
The TP menu in FSX is the same, but with installation the tacpack Manager (TPM) resets to default values, you have to config your preferences again.

So the best option to do backup before I think.

dc10boy
February 8th, 2015, 08:36
Is this a patch to be installed over the previous version or a new installer to be installed after the removal of the previous version?

DaveWG
February 8th, 2015, 08:48
It's a full installer, but I just installed over the top as usual. Seems to work fine.

Navy Chief
February 8th, 2015, 11:21
Just finished uninstalling FSX-O and FSX-SE.

According to VRS, I cannot install their Superbug and TacPac into the SE version, if SE resides on the same HD as FSX-O.

So I uninstalled both, and in the process of reinstalling FSX-SE, and then whatever else I plan to install.

Takes a while, but worth it to me. FSX-SE runs a lot better than FSX-O; for me, anyway. NC :encouragement:

IanHenry
February 8th, 2015, 11:34
Just finished uninstalling FSX-O and FSX-SE.

According to VRS, I cannot install their Superbug and TacPac into the SE version, if SE resides on the same HD as FSX-O.

So I uninstalled both, and in the process of reinstalling FSX-SE, and then whatever else I plan to install.

Takes a while, but worth it to me. FSX-SE runs a lot better than FSX-O; for me, anyway. NC :encouragement:

Yes, there's no comparison the Steam version is far better.

Ian

res non verba
February 8th, 2015, 11:48
If you install over the previous version you will get tacpack.ini duplicated (they changed names in the new version, so it will not overwrite) in the modules folder and tacpack menus in fsx won't apear. You have to uninstall the previous version and than install the new one. backup your preferences first.

Navy Chief
February 8th, 2015, 12:05
If you install over the previous version you will get tacpack.ini duplicated (they changed names in the new version, so it will not overwrite) in the modules folder and tacpack menus in fsx won't apear. You have to uninstall the previous version and than install the new one. backup your preferences first.

Yup, did that. NC

DaveWG
February 8th, 2015, 13:14

I installed over the top & the TP menus appear fine. Everything works as it should.

Edit: Version 1.4.2.1 is out now for both TP and SB.

Dutcheeseblend
February 8th, 2015, 22:01
Thanks for the HU Zsolt! My D.21 TacPack version is completely based on 1.4.2.0, so now I can get things speeding up.

odourboy
February 18th, 2015, 05:42
Question for you experienced TacPackers: Is there a recommended procedure for upgrading to a new release of TacPack? In particular, do I need to uninstall the previous release before installing this? If so, should I un-install through the W7 Control Panel Add/Delete programs or is there a preferred route?

New to TacPack and prefer not to screw things up!

Thanks.

Dman
February 18th, 2015, 06:07
Just run the installer(s)
Tac Pack first..
Superhornet next..
it will overwrite what it needs to...

Navy Chief
February 18th, 2015, 06:30
Question for you experienced TacPackers: Is there a recommended procedure for upgrading to a new release of TacPack? In particular, do I need to uninstall the previous release before installing this? If so, should I un-install through the W7 Control Panel Add/Delete programs or is there a preferred route?

New to TacPack and prefer not to screw things up!

Thanks.

My advice is to visit the VRS support forums. I believe, however, that you will have to uninstall the old version first. NC

odourboy
February 18th, 2015, 07:18
Thanks Dman. :encouragement: