PDA

View Full Version : FSX-SE Graphics Problem

IanHenry
February 6th, 2015, 01:18
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to help me with a problem that I'm having. I've recently done a re format of my computer and installed Rise of Flight, DCS World, IL2 Battle of Stalingrad and FSX-SE.
Everything was going really well and the performance that I was getting from FSX-SE was unbelievably good from my aging computer (i7 920, GTX580 & 12 Gb RAM) with all the sliders to full right with the exception of Traffic.

Then the problems started. Since yesterday, whenever I end a flight in FSX the start screen doesn't re appear, the screen just goes Black, but if I press Control Alt + Delete to bring up the control panel the start screen re appears.

At first I thought that my graphics card was bidding farewell, but testing the other sim's, which I believe are far more taxing on the graphics card they all run fine!

Does anyone have any suggestions, I've re installed the latest graphics driver, but that hasn't helped.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ian

Montie
February 6th, 2015, 06:51
Have you tried to re-build the FSX-SE.cfg?

IanHenry
February 6th, 2015, 07:19
Yes Montie, I've also deleated all the shaders. I'm currently running the Steam file repair tool, so I'll see how that works.

Thanks,
Ian

Montie
February 6th, 2015, 07:31
Are you running with Enb series or SweetFX?

odourboy
February 6th, 2015, 07:32
Not sure if this will help you sort out what's going on, but I get exactly the same problem in regular FSX when I switch from DX10 to DX9. I fly almost exclusively in DX10 with Steve's fixer and never have a problem (my NI settings and FSX.CFG have been optimized for my DX10 setup). Occasionally, when I need to investigate that some issue is not specific to DX10, I use the fixer to switch my system to DX9. Whenever I do that, I experience the same problem you've described and solve it the same way.

So... another data point in your quest.

IanHenry
February 6th, 2015, 07:43
No. I'm not running any graphical fix's and I'm not using DX10 either. The Steam repair made no difference. I might try running the sim once in DX10 and switching back, just to see what happens.

Ian

IanHenry
February 6th, 2015, 08:00
Well, how peculiar, if I run it in DX10 (no DX10 fixer) the sim works ok, no black screen, but if I switch back to DX9 the problem re-appears. I wonder if I should re install DX?

Ian

odourboy
February 6th, 2015, 09:20
The plot thickens.... I hope you can get to the bottom of this. I'd like to see it fixed too. :encouragement:

Are you using an NVidia GPU? How old are your drivers? I didn't always experience this problem. It may have crept in when I upgraded drivers last fall so i could use DSR.

IanHenry
February 6th, 2015, 09:35
The plot thickens.... I hope you can get to the bottom of this. I'd like to see it fixed too. :encouragement:

Are you using an NVidia GPU? How old are your drivers? I didn't always experience this problem. It may have crept in when I upgraded drivers last fall so i could use DSR.

I've just installed the latest Nvidia drivers, that was the first thing I though. It really is strange because the sim is still working behind the black screen, you can click on the aircraft selection tab etc, it's just the screens black!

Ian