PDA

View Full Version : Possible phising emails from MilViz ?

Daube
February 4th, 2015, 03:46
Hi All,

I have two emails from Military Visualizations about my previous orders.
They mention my order ids and some changes in their systems, and they provide a link to re-download my previously purchased products (one email per product).
The problem is the email and website address looks strange. It's something like "transaction.sendowl..." and noreply@sendowl....
I haven't clicked on these links, but I believe some explanations would be welcome.

What do you think ?

DaveB
February 4th, 2015, 03:50
Hello Mate:wavey:

Yup.. I got that last night too. I wouldn't worry about SendOwl. I recently purchased the Skycrane and T38 in their last sale and download links were provided from SendOwl. The new setup is much tidier than the old site;)

ATB
DaveB:)

Daube
February 4th, 2015, 03:54
Ah ok, good to hear. I hope some Milviz member can confirm.

My apologies to MilViz if this is all legit. :ernaehrung004:

hschuit
February 4th, 2015, 04:02
Ah ok, good to hear. I hope some Milviz member can confirm.
My apologies to MilViz if this is all legit. :ernaehrung004:

It is legit, this is the Sendowl announcement from Colin on their forum:

"Hi all...
Good news! We have now got a new sales and update system in place. This is run by a company by the name of sendowl.
What does that mean for you, as a MV customer?
It means that, if you have purchased either via Flight One or via MV Direct, you will now be updated by sendowl.
It also means this will be done automatically.
And, best of all, it means all new purchases, with the exceptions of upgrades which require prior purchases, will be able to be downloaded automatically AND immediately.
Should you encounter any problems or errors, this is the place for those!

Thank you!

Source: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=4706

Katoun
February 4th, 2015, 05:12
Hi.

To confirm, Sendowl is our new client updating and delivery system.

Thank you.

Kat.

JimmyRFR
February 4th, 2015, 06:26
It's worth noting that Milviz is also now providing direct downloads and updates for customers that had previously purchased a product with a Flight1 wrapper. The new downloads have no wrapper whatsoever. DRM free.

Not all previous purchases have been moved over to the new system yet, we still have a few aircraft left to go, including the C310, the B55, and the F-15E.

Another bit of information to read regarding the changes is the latest news post on the MV front page:

http://milviz.com/flight/

Attention previous Milviz customers!

02 February 2015

Over the next little while, we are working very hard at integrating our customers who have purchased from Milviz directly (from the old website), as well as the customers who have purchased one of our products with the Flight1 wrapper, into our new order system.

This means that in the next little while, anyone who has purchased a Milviz product via one of those two methods will get a brand new order email from us, containing a link where you can download your files. Please don't feel you have to rush and download these files; the links do not expire, and in many cases they are the same version as what you already have, just a new, shiny means of accessing them!!
These new order emails, although signed by us, do come from our e-commerce platform provider, SendOwl. So if you happen to see an email popup with that term, please don't panic, it's not spam!
Our new system offers several advantages for our customers: First of all, for new customers, it allows for near instant delivery of your purchased products. You'll get a link in your email where you can download your new products and be up in the air sooner! Next, it also means that we are able to automatically inform customers (and this includes even our previous & Flight1 customers) when we update a product you've purchased. And as most of you know, we keep updating products long after release!
So please bear with us; we'll be updating and sending out order emails over the next week, one product at a time. So if you haven't gotten an email from us with your new download links, don't panic, it's likely coming soon!

Daube
February 4th, 2015, 06:41
Thank you very much for the confirmations :)
I was a bit concerned.

big-mike
February 4th, 2015, 06:44
Hi.

To confirm, Sendowl is our new client updating and delivery system.

Thank you.

Kat.

Many thanks for all the updates,Kat.
Mike

flaviossa
February 4th, 2015, 06:51
Thatīs good news .... no more Flight1 DRM :encouragement:

Dumonceau
February 4th, 2015, 08:30
Indeed! That wrapper made my AV go berserk sometimes!!

Katoun
February 4th, 2015, 08:59
Hi again,

Sadly, some of our products will indeed still set off some AV software, which is why we recommend disabling it before downloading and installing our products.

We guarantee there are no virii in them but some people just don't read or understand.

Thank you,

Kat.

hairyspin
February 4th, 2015, 10:43
...We guarantee there are no virii in them...

Whoah! Heavy pedantry, Kat! :biggrin-new: lol

glennc
February 4th, 2015, 11:10
Kat,

i got three of those mails yesterday and took the opportunity to refresh the P-38. Very much appreciated. I've never been concerned about you sending me nasties, I know you better than that, but I am concerned about other drive by nastiness. It's what you don't see coming that can be dangerous.

i like the new delivery method. I hope no one abuses it.

cheers,

Glenn

Maj Kong
February 4th, 2015, 13:42
Just shows what a class act MilViz really is. Never a complaint about their team.

Roger
February 7th, 2015, 04:07
Glad to see these updates! Just tried the P38 but on starting the wrapper it gives me the option to uninstall the Stuka?? I wonder if the wrong uninstall file was added to the P38 installer?

Katoun
February 7th, 2015, 05:30
Bill made a mistake on the installer. Just install over it.

n4gix
February 7th, 2015, 06:56
Glad to see these updates! Just tried the P38 but on starting the wrapper it gives me the option to uninstall the Stuka?? I wonder if the wrong uninstall file was added to the P38 installer?
I simply mistyped the text for the option. Since I write my own uninstall routine there's no danger of removing the wrong product.

trucker17
February 7th, 2015, 10:45
Yeah.
MILVIZ had redid their site for downloads, I bought many of their planes, and got that message as well, The message tells you that they have improved their system for downloads.