PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo forums are gone!

Sieggie
February 1st, 2015, 11:08
Did Vertigo go out of bussines and not tell anyone. There forums says "Vertigo Studios forums have now been been removed until further notice". Does not look like a good sign for the Mossie and B25.

Dave

fsxar177
February 1st, 2015, 11:12
Their forums have been pulled, in favor of a better support ticket system which is currently being integrated.

You can continue to follow their progress on the Mossie at their facebook page.

The news about the support system is here (http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/archives/1321).

- Joseph

tommieboy
February 1st, 2015, 18:15
AlphaSim (now Virtavia) disbanded their forums years ago too. I think it was a win / win situation for all. Some developers forums (no dig intended toward Alphasim / Virtavia) were too heavy handed in regards to censorship, so many just ended up coming on over to the Sim-outhouse / Avsim forums to discuss issues in any case.

Tommy

Badger85
February 1st, 2015, 21:25
I submitted a support ticket to Vertigo Studios about a week ago in regards to glitches I had noticed with their F6F Hellcat and still no word from them...

Deano
February 2nd, 2015, 02:56
I submitted a support ticket to Vertigo Studios about a week ago in regards to glitches I had noticed with their F6F Hellcat and still no word from them...

Hi Guys, In regards to the Hellcat, I've never personally had the source files for it and never will. Making corrections to sloppy code to our past aircraft has been a complete nightmare and it still continues today I'm afraid.

However, this wont be the case on any aircraft released after the Spad 7.

Regarding the old support system, it was a complete disaster trying to drill down tickets. Some tickets was emailed to me and some wasn't. This was the main reason I invested in a new support portal to help with situations like you experienced.

I do personally apologise to everyone for how the past aircraft have played out. Trying to get updates from our past coders is a complete nightmare and I can fully assure you that this will not be the case again. We will be working to thorough contracts from now on which will bind them legally for amendments and source files.

So the future is looking bright.

PS. an announcement will shortly follow

stovall
February 2nd, 2015, 05:50
Great news Deano, looking forward to the future.

rvn817j
February 2nd, 2015, 13:27
Cross those "t's" and dot those "i's". Deano, glad to hear that you are taking the upper hand and working things out....best o' luck!

roger-wilco-66
February 2nd, 2015, 21:20
Looking forward, Deano! Good to see you're carrying on.

I have some of your aircraft and the carrier, and all are among my top favourites. I particularly hope for the B-25, this will be a blast for many here, I guess.

Cheers,
Mark