PDA

View Full Version : Megascenery Canada??

rewasiuk
January 30th, 2015, 09:14
Wondering if anybody has heard of Megascenery doing Canadian provinces and cities. I have complete Washington state and Seattle and really love the improved scenery.

JimmyRFR
January 30th, 2015, 09:40
Would be great if they did. I'd be then willing to spend a serious amount of time in providing autogen, so long as the western provinces were covered. However, I think there are likely issues with obtaining high quality source imagery. Certain small regions within the provinces have decent satellite imagery available, but it tends to be pretty spotty.

I've utilized the usual suspects for making airports, and once you get away from the major centers or travel corridors, it's pretty hit or miss. There are a few airports I want to do that don't even have good enough imagery available to determine precise placement of taxiways.

PCAviator
February 2nd, 2015, 02:18
Certain small regions within the provinces have decent satellite imagery available, but it tends to be pretty spotty.

Yes, the availability of decent imagery (or the lack of it really) is the issue at hand. The MegaSceneryEarth areas released so far all have state or country-wide photoscenery available with no gaps. Of course, the quality of this available imagery is variable as well, but the developer can only work with what is available from certain sources at the time.