PDA

View Full Version : Flight Sim 9 to CFS3?

Hauksbee
January 29th, 2015, 19:51
Looking through some old folders on my hard drive last night, I discovered that I have, sometime in the past year, downloaded a Flight Sim 9 model of a WWI Lohner Type M seaplane. Can it be imported into CFS3 so I can fly it in "Wings Over Flanders Fields"?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18887&stc=1

hairyspin
January 29th, 2015, 22:05
If what you've downloaded is a Gmax source file then it's a fairly straightforward job. If it's a model compiled and ready to fly in FS9 (which I suspect) then it's possible, but almost as much work as building a model from scratch.

You must ask permission of the author and if it's a compiled model ask if you can have the Gmax source file. Some modellers are very generous that way. One of our CFS3 modellers has quite a catalogue of aircraft originally modelled by others which he has adapted for CFS3 and released.

Blood_Hawk23
January 30th, 2015, 17:14
where can that model be found. I don't remember seeing it before. I'd love to have it in CFS2 as well.

Allen
January 30th, 2015, 22:45
If what you've downloaded is a Gmax source file then it's a fairly straightforward job. If it's a model compiled and ready to fly in FS9 (which I suspect) then it's possible, but almost as much work as building a model from scratch.

You must ask permission of the author and if it's a compiled model ask if you can have the Gmax source file. Some modellers are very generous that way. One of our CFS3 modellers has quite a catalogue of aircraft originally modelled by others which he has adapted for CFS3 and released.

Put a * by the bold print. IF the polygon count is low than it is not too much work but if it is like most FS04 models your :censored:.

hairyspin
January 31st, 2015, 02:14
CFS3 can handle more polys than CFS2 - more than FS9 in fact - so the models of yesteryear look a bit clunky next to what has been done. My own Tempest has over 20K polys in the VC alone and the Bf109E for the MAW expansion lots more.