PDA

View Full Version : Warbirdsim P-39 Airacobra

Crusader
January 28th, 2015, 14:03
Any updates on this project ? I have not heard anything for a while . I think Bomber_12 has been pretty busy .

DaveB
January 28th, 2015, 14:10
Gads.. when I saw the title, I thought it was here!!:banghead:

ATB
DaveB:)

Bomber_12th
January 28th, 2015, 15:44
Pretty busy is right. ; ) It's been a trial over the past several months to try and continue to make routine progress when not having very much time for anything but my full-time 'real world' job. However, some big strides will be made with the project over the coming two months. Other than texturing/animations/coding, there isn't much else remaining to be done with the VC, however there is still work to do to wrap-up the exterior as well. Will keep everyone posted as it gets closer to completion - I've been very glad to hear of the continued interest in the project, and for that I really appreciate all of the support!

SH427
January 28th, 2015, 16:58
John, I'm really looking forward to seeing the further progress over the next couple months. You've practically already scored yourself a buyer in me for sure!

Bill Kestell
January 28th, 2015, 20:47
I'll second that for sure! It's my favorite; has been since I was a mere youth and built that Revelle P-39.

FentiFlier1
January 29th, 2015, 02:40
Very happy to hear that the P-39 is an ongoing project :applause:

I reckon it has been the model I have been looking forward to most for the last two years!!

Owen.

Badger85
January 29th, 2015, 07:19
I agree! I can't wait to get in the cockpit of that beautiful old warbird and fly it in FSX (especially in Pokryshkin's own livery :) )!

WarHorse47
January 29th, 2015, 08:10
Boy, this has been one long project.

I think it was first mentioned in late 2011, more than 3 years ago? I never realized that these creations took so long. I wonder how many manhours have been invested? :dizzy:

Glad to hear some progress is being made, and I'm definitely looking forward to its completion. :encouragement:

roger-wilco-66
January 29th, 2015, 09:07
Since I started 3d modelling and scenery design I began to understand that this is takes a very large amount of time, excpecially when a high level of quality is desired. John is among the best, in my opinion - and that level, if you don't have a team to spread the work, you easialy can measure the development time in years.

I'm very much looking forward to the P-39, patiently!

Cheers,
Mark