PDA

View Full Version : Catapult Added to USS New Jersey (Fun w/Instant Scenery)

PutPut
January 27th, 2009, 11:53
I really like Bruce Fitzgerald's rendition of the USS New Jersey so I immediately made it a Instant Scenery object and plunked it down just off Catalina Island. I wanted to use it as a catapult base but didn't have the source code to add a catapult. A light bulb went off in the old noggin and I took the catapult from my USS Idaho, made a separate FSDS project out of it and compiled as a scenery model for FSX Acceleratin. I then added it to the Instant Scenery library and placed it on the aft deck of the USS New Jersey (see 1st pic). It already had a hard surface between the rails. I added the rcbco-30 gauges to my upcoming Curtiss Seagull and slewed it to the catapult; then saved the flight. The 2nd pic shows it being catapulted, sparks and all!!:woot:

Paul

Roger
January 27th, 2009, 12:03
Clever stuff Paul!:engel016:

simkid22
January 27th, 2009, 14:02
Yes!!!!!! :woot: My dreams have been answered! Next step: make the bb move?

Lazerbrainz2k3
January 27th, 2009, 15:53
Where d'ya find that beast? I happen to live only a few minutes from her berth in Camden, NJ, and I'd love to insert her into the scenery where she resides in reality.

PutPut
January 29th, 2009, 19:55
I discovered I had a long lost 3 view of the P-6 catapult which was the "pult" of choice for WW2 battleships and heavy cruisers. Yesterday I modeled it to a reasonable level of detail. I then saved it as a part I could add to future .mdl's and then as a scenery object for Instant Scenery. Here it is on the aft of Bruce Fitzgerald's USS New Jersey. I placed it with Instant Scenery in this case. :kilroy:

Paul

N332DW
January 30th, 2009, 08:46
Lazerbrain - you can get the New Jersey right here at SOH

PutPut: kudo's, i thought about the catapult for the original release but ...

I decided against the cat as she served off and on for over 40 years and the cat's were removed early in her career so i compromised, she works along side either CV-6 or CVN-76