PDA

View Full Version : Israeli airbase's from me

ian elliot
January 26th, 2015, 09:53
Ive been stuck indoors this weekend with a cold and flying Zolt's lovely repaints for the new Restauravia Mirage IIIC, thanks Zoltz :encouragement:
so i thought i'd dig out some old scenery i made up for FS9 and see how it work'd in FSX, it needed to be tweak'd a little but
looks ok so i figured i'd share-----

will need these ai aircraft loaded in your sim---

1, "mpai_mirage_iiicj_idf_traffic.zip" you'll need update also---

2, "mpai_mirage_iiic_update_11262012.zip"

3, "nmai_a4_idf.zip" all by Mike Pearson

4, "ai_f-4e_idf.zip" BY Mark Walsh

all from Avsim and works no probs in FSX

Ive plunder'd John Stinstrom's object librarys so you'll need his

ggse_v4.zip
jgse_v4.zip
mao_js.zip
cargo_mil_js.zip

you've probably got most of these installed anyway from other scenery's and MAIW package's. the
cargo zip is quite important as thats where the aircraft shelters come from

This is very simple scenery, just Afcads and a few objects to add atmosphere and
is no-way intended to be an accurate representation of the time or region, i just wanted to
get flying with some of the great retro ai packages becoming available.

Airfields included-----

1, Tel Nov LLEK
2, Hatzor LLHS
3, Ramat David LLRD

ian elliot
January 26th, 2015, 09:55
oops, forgot the screenies-----

ejoiner
January 26th, 2015, 09:59
I have always been intrigued by why the Israelis painted big yellow and black triangles on the wing and tail surfaces of a camouflaged aircraft?!? :untroubled:

ZsoltB
January 26th, 2015, 10:03
:applause::medals:

hae5904
January 27th, 2015, 05:42
I have always been intrigued by why the Israelis painted big yellow and black triangles on the wing and tail surfaces of a camouflaged aircraft?!? :untroubled:

A bit before the 1973 war, Egypt were getting their own Mirages, so to prevent friendly shoot downs, the black/yellow were introduced as identification markings.

Cheers,
Hank

Bjoern
January 27th, 2015, 09:01

Probably to not waste all too much time chasing after the next best Fishbed-alike aircraft during a heated air battle. And to remind AAA batteries that not every delta-winged aircraft is egyptian.