PDA

View Full Version : FSX install question

TeiscoDelRay
January 25th, 2015, 11:02
I installed a new operating system (from win 8 back to win 7) and now FSX will not start. I assume it has something to do with the registry entry? Is there a way to make it work without reinstalling the whole thing plus addons?

mjrhealth
January 25th, 2015, 11:09
That depends on how you did the install. If you did it as an upgrade it would have kept all the registry entries etc but if is a fresh install all the add ons may be screwed up. There is a FSX path fix tool around if you search for it. Try that first.

Lane Street
January 25th, 2015, 11:13
You could try the Flight1 registry tool- Flight1.com - Great Aviation Products (http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library)

However I suspect you will have other issues that may require a full reinstall.

As an example, you most likely lost all of your SimConnect files so any programs that communicate with FSX via SimConnect will no longer work.

Also, the FSX installer adds things like missing DirectX files. These can be found at the Microsoft website.

Hope this gets you running.

cheers,
Lane

Paul Domingue
January 25th, 2015, 15:13
Just out of curiosity why did you go back from 8 to 7 and I suspect that if you didn't start with a reformatted drive and clean new installation of win 7 there in lies the problem.